PDA

View Full Version : Hollyoaks producer Paul Marquess axes 11 characters!

bbfan1991
08-03-2010, 07:34 PM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a207495/hollyoaks-producer-axes-11-more.html

Glad he is sorting out the right mess the show is left in:). Gutted Jake and Newt are going:(.

Paul Marquess has a reputation for mass culls if things are not up to scratch and has produced some good work before but he's probalby fair, nice and harsh:joker:.

Scarlett.
08-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Wow O_O

bbfan1991
08-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Chewy i'm not surprised he has a reputation:D. Obivous HO bosses weren't happy with Lucy Allen's reign in charge so axed her but said it is mutual decision lmao:joker:. I have a lot of faith in him:).

Scarlett.
08-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Axings of this size on a soap like Hollyoaks isnt a good thing, in fact, its one of the signs of a soap jumping the shark

bbfan1991
08-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Axings of this size on a soap like Hollyoaks isnt a good thing, in fact, its one of the signs of a soap jumping the shark

Chewy it's happened before in HO, it's always been a soap where people come and go unfortunately it's not like the others where the majority of cast stay unless some decide to leave or characters axed or killed off etc.

Scarlett.
08-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Chewy it's happened before in HO, it's always been a soap where people come and go unfortunately it's not like the others where the majority of cast stay unless some decide to leave or characters axed or killed off etc.

but still, thats like half the cast of Hollyoaks

bbfan1991
08-03-2010, 07:51 PM
but still, thats like half the cast of Hollyoaks

Paul Marquess when he axed half of the cast on Family Affair was clever in the fact how he managed how the episodes were run so people left then lots of new people brought in who quickly settled down bet this is unsettling for the viewers and actors but it's for the sake of the show.

Maybe now people will be cast on acting ability rather than looks as it used to be.

Mrluvaluva
08-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Well we knew Calvin was going...Kris however I am surprised at.

Scarlett.
08-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Paul Marquess when he axed half of the cast on Family Affair was clever in the fact how he managed how the episodes were run so people left then lots of new people brought in who quickly settled down bet this is unsettling for the viewers and actors but it's for the sake of the show.

Maybe now people will be cast on acting ability rather than looks as it used to be.

but where is Family Affairs now?

It could go two different ways depending on what type of characters he brings in

bbfan1991
08-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Well we knew Calvin was going...Kris however I am surprised at.

Gerard McCarthy has wanted to leave for a while now but was convinced to stay on for a while longer for the Malachy storyline:).

Chewy i'm sure Paul has a plan I trust the guy:D. He produced Footballer's Wives too lol and created Tanya Turner:blush:.

Braden
08-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Thank **** for that.
Maybe we can get some decent characters now.

Mrluvaluva
08-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Some of the more recent characters that have been acquired need axing imo.

*mazedsalv**
08-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Wow.

Its good to get rid of a few but 11 is taking the piss surely. Thats like literally 1/3 of the whole show, its worse than when Emmerdale felt like killing off most of the charcters in that storm.

bbfan1991
08-03-2010, 08:02 PM

They were Lucy Allen's characters who he has taken over from, she really made a mess of the whole show since Bryan Kirkwood left and now has to clear it all up.

HO killed off 5 in the Dog Fire with Sam Owen when he escaped from prison after helping Andy Holt the rapist then the phone rang in the bodybag:shocked::bawling:.

bbfan1991
08-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Kevin Sacre (Jake Dean) has just tweeted...

'I'm peeved at sloppy journalism .. Big difference between leaving of you're own accord and being axed and I'm not just referring to myself!'.

Melissa Walton (Loretta) has said she is leaving in June, so maybe she leaves in August/September?.

cupid stunt
08-03-2010, 08:30 PM
hollyoaks were good back in the day when jambo n them man woz on it but now its full of ******s and chi chi boys man cant watch that crap

*mazedsalv**
08-03-2010, 08:33 PM
hollyoaks were good back in the day when jambo n them man woz on it but now its full of ******s and chi chi boys man cant watch that crap

Jambo was good!! (Will Mellor)

I watch 2 Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps because of Will Mellor, he's a legend. Hes so funny.

Vicky.
08-03-2010, 08:38 PM
OMG he cant get rid of newt :(

bbfan1991
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
OMG he cant get rid of newt :(

Nico Micallegro chose to leave Vicky so thats something in the article that is wrong about:D.

Jambo was an ace character loved it then with Jude Cunningham, Rob Hawthorne, Lucy, Ollie, Stan, Finn, Mr and Mrs C, Max, OB etc:D.

cupid stunt
08-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Jambo was good!! (Will Mellor)

I watch 2 Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps because of Will Mellor, he's a legend. Hes so funny.

ye 2 pints is proper jokes hope there guna mek a new series

bbfan1991
08-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Still a lot of deadwood left in the cast.. can see a few more going but the good characters are kept and decent actors, lots of new fresh faces coming in and plus the producer has already made changes to the storyline team.

I think next he might axe the credits with the actors faces on and having just music and background and maybe getting rid of the calendars too?:D.

InOne
08-03-2010, 09:14 PM

All the new students are appaling really. Especially that little Asian one, shes terrible at acting

bbfan1991
08-03-2010, 09:16 PM
All the new students are appaling really. Especially that little Asian one, shes terrible at acting

Who Charlotte?, or do you mean Anita Roy?:).

InOne
08-03-2010, 09:17 PM
Who Charlotte?, or do you mean Anita Roy?:).

Charlotte, Anita isn't that bad but her accent drives me up the wall. Dave is a bad actor as well. And it seems Steph has got worse as the years go on

bbfan1991
08-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Charlotte, Anita isn't that bad but her accent drives me up the wall. Dave is a bad actor as well. And it seems Steph has got worse as the years go on

I don't mind Charlotte. I wish Anita would go lol. Steph is still a class character and Carley Stenson is a good actress but Lucy Allan has messed up her character:rolleyes:, she has more potential.

Tom4784
08-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Getting rid of Newt, Josh, Loretta and Jake is a mistake. I hope the actor that plays Kris chooses to come back at some point.

bbfan1991
08-03-2010, 09:35 PM
What a mess!:joker::joker::joker:.

Beastie
08-03-2010, 09:39 PM
I am glad quite a few of them are ****ing off. I stopped watching Hollyoaks when Warren died. They need new story lines, new excitement for me to start watching it again. Oh I did watch Sarah's death and Hollyoaks for a bit round that time.

InOne
08-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Newt is a big mistake and do quite like Jake and Loretta but thought the whole him meant to have taken Holly storyline got a bit extreme. Malachy and Kris are both good actors. Some of the McQueens are getting annoying really. Also Duncan and that other one

InOne
08-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Also, the girls cover up more lol Hollyoaks used to be about fir girls in short skirts!!!! I have no reason to wake up Sunday mornings now

Billy
08-03-2010, 10:03 PM
So glad theresa is staying <3

Shaun
08-03-2010, 10:04 PM
WHAT.

YOU CAN'T AXE KRIS.
sad/

Princess
08-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Kris,Elliot and Zac are going?? No! Sucky :( Pleased with the Valentines as they nearly all annoy me. Except Calvin :(

Billy
08-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Getting rid of Newt, Josh, Loretta and Jake is a mistake. I hope the actor that plays Kris chooses to come back at some point.

They can't do much more with Newt and Jake, but Loretta and Josh is really bad, I agree. How Anita escaped this, is beyond me.

bbfan1991
09-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Archie Carpenter is leaving too:D. DS missed a line out in their article yesterday lmao:joker:.

DrunkerThanMoses
10-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Oh I like alot, all pointless characters.

Now all they need to do is axe Elliot, Duncan, Hayley and that Newts Chavy little bitch, and we have a decent soap again.

Tom4784
10-03-2010, 11:40 AM
They can't do much more with Newt and Jake, but Loretta and Josh is really bad, I agree. How Anita escaped this, is beyond me.

It's a shame about Loretta, the only reason she's getting axed is because they couldn't do that storyline with her. It's strange that they got rid of Josh really as I think there's a lot of room for more story with him, same with Newt.

DrunkerThanMoses
10-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Loretta was pointless, I mean shes been there for a year and shes done nothing, what a shame her storyline was axed, other than that no real point of having her. Shame she was a bad actress, and that is saying something for hollyoaks.

bbfan1991
10-03-2010, 06:01 PM
Cindy's leaving but only temporary because the actress Stephanie Waring is pregnant in real life with her second child:). Cindy is contracted for another year as Hollyoaks only do 1-2 year deals for all their actors each time:D.

bbfan1991
11-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Interview with new HO producer...

http://www.e4.com/blog/hollyoaks/post/cpiwhjbm00i0hlslepfjot/view.e4

New family to arrive in the summer:). I like PM and think he'll do a good job plus making the show interesting again.

DrunkerThanMoses
11-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Bizzarely I hope its a chinesse family?

bbfan1991
11-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Bizzarely I hope its a chinesse family?

Hello:wavey:. LOL:D don't care as long as they are decent characters and can act:). HO needs a bad boy and girl as since Warren, Niall, Clare and Louise left no-one has really filled that role.

arista
11-03-2010, 03:08 PM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a207495/hollyoaks-producer-axes-11-more.html

Glad he is sorting out the right mess the show is left in:). Gutted Jake and Newt are going:(.

Paul Marquess has a reputation for mass culls if things are not up to scratch and has produced some good work before but he's probalby fair, nice and harsh:joker:.

Yes it was on Ch5 Live from Studio 5
3 days ago.

DrunkerThanMoses
11-03-2010, 03:14 PM
What they need is decent storylines. I mean that woamn producer has just buggered it all up. She created good ideas, but the way she dealt with them was terrible. Shes destroyed some decent characters, created **** new ones, created bad storylines. All the soap needs is a decent stroyline. I fell the loretta killing storyline would be the peferct storyline, but no that Jamies mother had to have her way again. Thought that would be a decent storyline.

For Hollyoaks to work again it needs:

1.Good Storylines
2.Likeable Charcaters - How was Elliot not axed?
3.Likeable Love Intrests - Gilly and Steph, worst couple ever.
4.A few good murders

..... and most all a new hardcore bitch.

bbfan1991
11-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Can see more axings happening tbh but first he needs to get some of the replacements in for those who are going and still plenty to do sorting the mess Lucy Allan has left the show in.

InOne
11-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I thoght the whole Nial thing was really good, did he die in the end? And Clare was a good baddie. It's all got a bit tweeny at the moment and it does not help the students can't act at all.

Beastie
11-03-2010, 04:49 PM
I thoght the whole Nial thing was really good, did he die in the end? And Clare was a good baddie. It's all got a bit tweeny at the moment and it does not help the students can't act at all.

This.

I though Nial was killed on top of a cliff or something on a Hollyoaks later episode but I missed it :(

bbfan1991
11-03-2010, 04:54 PM
This.

I though Nial was killed on top of a cliff or something on a Hollyoaks later episode but I missed it :(

Did you see the clip on YT?, I watched the episode but couldn't stop watching the clip after:shocked:.

Best HO late night episode was Toby Mills the serial killer and Andy Holt when he raped the Twins with the help of Sam Owen:(.

bbfan1991
11-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Funny how Clare was a good girl at the start with Mandy and Louise in the late night episode of course she was played by a different actress then who didn't want to play the character evil so they brought in Gemma Bissix to replace her but yeah Clare Devine was a fantastic character and best Hollyoaks bitch by a mile:devil:.

InOne
11-03-2010, 05:26 PM
They would have be quite imaginative with the next baddie as they've already covered alot

bbfan1991
11-03-2010, 05:45 PM
They would have be quite imaginative with the next baddie as they've already covered alot

Definetly and more creative, the late night episodes help make the storyline more darker:devil:.

Billy
11-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Someone said the yneed replacements, that's the last thing that Hollyoaks needs. It actually has an already strong cast (bar India but even then she's not bad), but they need to develop the characters they already have!

bbfan1991
11-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Someone said the yneed replacements, that's the last thing that Hollyoaks needs. It actually has an already strong cast (bar India but even then she's not bad), but they need to develop the characters they already have!

Maybe thats true but most of the characters are deadwood, the new producer obviously felt the need to make a lot of changes not just at the cast but the crew backstage.

I'm a teen who prefers all the older characters as most of the younger characters apart from Michaela and Tom who are great are really annoying:D.

Tom
11-03-2010, 06:04 PM
They want to just get rid completely and bring back Brookside

Hollyoaks is beyond repair now

bbfan1991
11-03-2010, 06:22 PM

Brookside Close has been destroyed the set has gone:bawling:, pics are up on the net was a real shame when it ended:(.

C4 have always been loyal to Hollyoaks and have no intention of axing it for now although it could end one day, it was probably them that stepped in with all this change of producers as they were fed up of the mess the show had got itself in to:(.

Billy
11-03-2010, 07:17 PM

No it isn't. Paul Marquess is amazing as a producer IMO, and HO is in a better state now than it was when Bryan Kirkwood took over.

bbfan1991
11-03-2010, 07:34 PM
No it isn't. Paul Marquess is amazing as a producer IMO, and HO is in a better state now than it was when Bryan Kirkwood took over.

:nono: but when Bryan took over there was still some very popular characters there ok he had to make lots of changes and got rid of a few but I would say PM has a harder task now considering amount of people going and devising new storylines, characters etc..

Like how he's quietly gone about his business instead of talking to the press since he has taken over, he has no time to really:joker:.

Tom
11-03-2010, 08:12 PM

I watched a bit before, its unrecognisable now to how it was a year ago. Its like a different show and with 16 characters leaving, its only going to feel more like a new show and there will be no chance of old viewers returning. Ratings have completely fell through now and I think its only a matter of time before C4 get rid of Hollyoaks. With all this creative renewal stuff I'm surprised they haven't already done it.

He did the same to Family Affairs and it was axed the following year; The Bill was completely slated when it took the new approach after he took over.

bbfan1991
11-03-2010, 08:57 PM
I watched a bit before, its unrecognisable now to how it was a year ago. Its like a different show and with 16 characters leaving, its only going to feel more like a new show and there will be no chance of old viewers returning. Ratings have completely fell through now and I think its only a matter of time before C4 get rid of Hollyoaks. With all this creative renewal stuff I'm surprised they haven't already done it.

He did the same to Family Affairs and it was axed the following year; The Bill was completely slated when it took the new approach after he took over.

Reading stuff on DS seems opinion is split about him:).

bbfan1991
12-03-2010, 06:21 PM
New family to join in the summer.. this time actors will be employed on the basis they can act and not on their looks as what happened before:rolleyes::).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a208202/hollyoaks-boss-to-introduce-new-family.html

DrunkerThanMoses
12-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I wont be happy until I know its a chinesse family.

Mother - A failed Actress, who thinks shes famous... Diva (Comedy Value)
Father - A Bank Manger with a Dark Secret.
Daugher - Bloody Hot... but shes preggers.
And the Grandmother - A Struggling woman whos scared to come out as a lesbian, well everyone else in hollyoaks is either gay or bi

bbfan1991
12-03-2010, 07:01 PM
The lesbian would have to not be deranged like vile Lydia:D.

bbfan1991
13-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Spoilers:)...

http://www.waveguide.co.uk/hollyoaks.htm

Beastie
13-03-2010, 12:39 AM
A peedo should go on.

DrunkerThanMoses
13-03-2010, 06:53 AM
A peedo should go on.

Thats the fathers dark secret..... hes his daughters father. :shocked: