PDA

View Full Version : Keith Duffy announces Corrie departure!

bbfan1991
21-03-2010, 01:31 PM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a209852/keith-duffy-announces-corrie-departure.html

What was the point in them even bringing Ciaran back?:laugh:.

Scarlett.
21-03-2010, 01:33 PM
It was to be expected, what with Boyzone wanting to use their 'friend's' death to make a comeback

bbfan1991
21-03-2010, 01:34 PM
It was to be expected, what with Boyzone wanting to use their 'friend's' death to make a comeback

Boyzone had reformed before Stephen died;), he would have wanted them to carry on.

Smithy
21-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Boyzone had reformed before Stephen died;), he would have wanted them to carry on.

Yea, but they were begining to fail, they will use his death as publicity for their music. Like the guy off of dancing on Ice, he wouldnt have done that if steven hadnt died.

And can you pleasecopy and paste the article rather than just the link!

Stacey.
21-03-2010, 04:02 PM
D: i love Ciaran.
he should stay much longer than this!! :(

Iceman
21-03-2010, 04:04 PM
He was due back to fair city (an irish soap) anyway, it was always a short term thing....

Smithy
21-03-2010, 04:19 PM
D: i love Ciaran.
he should stay much longer than this!! :(

Dont worry, Traceys back soon enough :D

Mrluvaluva
26-03-2010, 07:05 PM
The Corrie rumour mill has been working overtime recently.

First we heard that Keith Duffy was planning to leave the Street. This was news to us, and to Keith!

Just to put the record straight, he says:
“I am happy and very excited to be working on Coronation Street. I’ve got some great storylines coming up and whilst I do have commitments to Boyzone I have been able to combine the two things very well.I love playing Ciaran!”

We also heard that Cilla Black was planning to come to join us in Weatherfield. Again, much as we'd like to bump into Cilla in the Rovers, she's not joining the show.

Our press officer told us: “No approach has been made to Cilla Black about appearing in Coronation Street. Cilla is incredibly famous and it would be difficult to see how she could appear in Coronation Street as a different character.”

Source (http://www.itv.com/soaps/coronationstreet/news/keithduffystaying/)