PDA

View Full Version : Lister: 'Hollyoaks jokes are annoying'

bbfan1991
02-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Former Hollyoaks actress Zoë Lister has admitted that she gets annoyed when people make jokes about the soap.

The 28-year-old, who left her role as Zoe Carpenter on the serial last year, confirmed that it can be disheartening when the cast's hard work is mocked.

Speaking to Take 5 magazine, Lister explained: "It's a shame. I took it seriously because it was my job and I'm an actor.

"I get annoyed when people make fun, but at the same time it is what it is and it doesn't take itself too seriously. It can be bubblegum but it also deals with pretty big issues."

The star added that she remains grateful for the gritty storylines she was given throughout her three-year stint on the drama.

She said: "In the past, the students in Hollyoaks have often been overlooked, so it was great that Zoe developed and changed so much."

I agree with her about the issue stuff thats something Hollyoaks has always done well with:). Rest of it is sadly the shows own fault because now it has got into a dire state with lots of deadwood, actors being chosen before on looks than acting ability:rolleyes:. Cast complaning that they want people to take them seriously as actors but then they do the HO calendars.. as much as I like them sometimes for the sake of the show I wish they were dropped:(.

Tom4784
02-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Whe Hollyoaks is on form it's easily one of the best soaps around but when it's bad it's really bad. I don't think any soap handles issues as well as HO can.

Tom4784
02-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Whe Hollyoaks is on form it's easily one of the best soaps around but when it's bad it's really bad. I don't think any soap handles issues as well as HO can.

Shaun
02-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Well, it's ****. So. Say what you see.