PDA

View Full Version : Eastenders Online Soap Gets Second Series

Iceman
08-04-2010, 01:50 AM
A second series of EastEnders' online teen spinoff E20 has been greenlit by the BBC.

Following the success of the mini drama's initial 12-episodes, the public broadcaster has ordered a further 10 for a second run.

Series two will focus on a fresh set of four yet-to-be-cast youngsters as they settle into Walford life living in the flat above Roxy's salon.

The episodes are to be penned by the 13 young writers who scripted the first series.

Speaking of the recommission, EastEnders' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood said: "It'll be very exciting to see where our brilliant young writers will take the next series and the evolution of a whole new set of characters.

"The cast have been a noisy burst of fun in EastEnders and provided the show with new faces that audiences have really engaged with."

Simon Nelson, controller of portfolio and multi-platform at BBC Vision, added: "We had no hesitation in commissioning another series, something which will delight the 17,000 fans who've been calling for more episodes on the E20 Facebook page."

Three of the four original E20 cast - Emer Kenny (Zsa Zsa Carter), Sam Attwater (Leon Small) and Ricky Norwood (Fatboy) - were immediately picked up for the main show, while Bunmi Mojekwu (Mercy Olubunmi) signed a similar deal just before the close of series one.

Series one is due to be repeated from Friday, April 23 at 8.30pm on BBC Three in three 30-minute outings, while the second series of 14-minute eps will be made available on the show's official website later this year.

Tom4784
08-04-2010, 02:30 AM
Patrick's gonna be pleased. I never got round to watching it but I might one day.

MrGaryy
08-04-2010, 04:04 AM
I might watch it this series. ****ing hate Zsa Zsa though.

Smithy
08-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Although the Idea of it is good, Im not to sure the introduction of more younger characters into the main soap is a good idea, theres enough of them as it is.

Joe.
08-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Really enjoyed S1, looking forward to another :)

Stephanie
08-04-2010, 08:22 PM
good :]
i thought the first one was cool.

Patrick
08-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Brilliant!

Finally, I was just saying yesterday how they should make a new series.

Im not happy that it'll be a new cast as I do LOVE ZsaZsa and Fatboy they are my favourite East-Enders now but maybe the new teens will be just as good.

ZsaZsa is stunning :love:

Pleased to hear there repeating it on BBC3 :D

Gosh im so happy.

Patrick
09-04-2010, 03:18 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/e20/behindscenes/series_two.shtml