PDA

View Full Version : Hermaphrodite plot for 'Hollyoaks'??

2k9david2k10
11-04-2010, 11:25 AM
do you think they shuld of run the plot ??

A shock Hollyoaks hermaphrodite plot has apparently hit the rocks after the actor chosen to play the role walked out.

The storyline was allegedly designed to trick viewers into believing that the male actor was actually a girl. It would later have been revealed that the character was actually a hermaphrodite - someone with characteristics of both sexes.

However, following make-up checks, the actor who agreed to the part is believed to have had second thoughts.

An insider told the Daily Star Sunday: "The hermaphrodite storyline was just ridiculous."

"When I heard what they were planning I thought it was a joke and laughed my head off. You can imagine my face when I realised they were deadly serious."

They continued: "The lad who was cast in the role actually turned down the part once he was told that he’d be spending months in the soap disguised as a girl. He couldn't believe what they wanted him to do and told them where to go."

The idea is understood to have been devised by producer Paul Marquess in a bid to boost ratings, which dropped to 850,000 over Easter.

The insider added: "Everyone working on the soap is petrified that it's going to be taken off air. There are a lot of anxious people up here and little is being done to restore confidence," the insider added.

Despite reports, a spokesman for the Channel 4 show dismissed the claim, stating: "There are no plans to run a hermaphrodite storyline."

Stacey.
11-04-2010, 11:31 AM
That would just be weird :shocked: lmao.
i think its good that its not happening.
Ive got right back into Hollyoaks again :) its great!

Possiblehousemate
11-04-2010, 11:37 AM
hollyoaks is soo boring!

Stacey.
11-04-2010, 11:50 AM
hollyoaks is soo boring!

:nono:

Jords
11-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Would have been pointless, lol!

Smithy
11-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Is it any wonder it's going down the Sh!tter with plots like this

Tom4784
11-04-2010, 01:29 PM
They need to get back to the more hard hitting storylines like the eating disorder plot. Hollyoaks is at it's best when it deals with hard hitting storylines.

bbfan1991
11-04-2010, 04:48 PM
They need to get back to the more hard hitting storylines like the eating disorder plot. Hollyoaks is at it's best when it deals with hard hitting storylines.

Agreed:), I don't believe this story either judging by the paper it's in seems like they're putting two and two together then coming out with 5:rolleyes:. I reckon Paul Marquess given the time will get the show back on track.

Glenn.
11-04-2010, 05:28 PM
I phase in and out of Hollyoaks. It used to be good, now I think its boring.

Stacey.
11-04-2010, 05:29 PM
I phase in and out of Hollyoaks. It used to be good, now I think its boring.

You should watch it again, get back into it.

Jordan.
11-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Is it any wonder it's going down the Sh!tter with plots like this

This!! :bored:

bbfan1991
11-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Lucy Allan's storylines have been really dire:bawling:, the actors can only act with whats given to them in the scripts so not their fault but it just hasn't worked out with her in charge no wonder C4 were getting fed up about it.

Glenn.
11-04-2010, 05:37 PM
You should watch it again, get back into it.

I normally get into in the build up to BB. I watch C4 ALL the time to catch an eye flash etc. Sad I know but its not like Im the only one that does it:blush:

bbfan1991
11-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Lucy Allan's storylines finish on Friday 2nd July (confirmed by HO insider on Twitter).. so some of the new stuff under the latest producer Paul Marquess will start to air although from what i've read still making more plans and changes for the show:).

Stacey.
11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
I normally get into in the build up to BB. I watch C4 ALL the time to catch an eye flash etc. Sad I know but its not like Im the only one that does it:blush:

aha, just as long as you start watching it again :D
i forgot how good it was!

Mrluvaluva
11-04-2010, 08:35 PM
What a ridiculous story line. I can understand why the actor wanted to leave. Bet he didn't know whether he was coming or going.

DrunkerThanMoses
12-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Sounds stupid, They need a good gripping storyline, like a new serial killer, or something good. Like Dezzy their at their best when they have hard hitting storyline. Its been okay at the moment, some storylines are okay, but then its ruined by ****ter storylines :)