PDA

View Full Version : Hollyoaks to get more 'fun' storylines

Scarlett.
15-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Not what it needs IMO

New Hollyoaks producer Paul Marquess has plans to lighten up the show after admitting that it has become "too dark".

Marquess, who was hired by production house Lime Pictures to rejuvenate the Channel 4 teen serial, took office at the soap's home in Liverpool at the beginning of the year.

Since his arrival, he has made numerous key changes to the programme's cast and core creative team.

Speaking of his decisions, Marquess told Radio Times: "I never do anything unless it needs doing. I was asked to look at Hollyoaks first as a viewer and I thought it had become a bit dark. Hollyoaks can do serious stories but it always has to remember it's Hollyoaks - and that means being lively, bright and entertaining. From now until Christmas, expect a big injection of fun."

Earlier this week, Marquess unveiled his first hoard of new signings, including former Bill actress Kim Tiddy (Heidi Costello) and ex-Footballers' Wives star Phina Oruche (Gabby Sharpe).

He continued: "I'm bringing in glitz with the Sharpes and they'll be followed by their nemesis, a wannabe glamour model with no boundaries. People are still obsessed with Katie Price and I want to explore that obsession."

Digital Spy

DrunkerThanMoses
15-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Its not at all dark at the moment, its all ready light and comedy. Christ they need serious stroylines.

Scarlett.
15-04-2010, 01:08 PM
I stopped watching last year, because I realised that all I was doing was watching a programme with teens jumping about to pop music, and wasnt actually paying any attention to it, I tried to remember one moment of story from the episode, and I couldnt

DrunkerThanMoses
15-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Its only good lately if they have bareable characters who have a stroyline, e.g Darren, Cindy/Tony .... and thats pretty much it. The rest of the characters are useless. Bad Acting, Storylines that just spiral out of control into a **** storyline.

bbfan1991
15-04-2010, 03:07 PM
I think this is what is needed:D, would love to see some serious plots too but he can't do everything at once but sure he's already plotting the next big storylines and characters:).

Tom4784
15-04-2010, 03:24 PM
It needs a direction more then anything, the only good storyline recently has been the Holly plot. I think a mix is neccesary, don't make it all doom but don't make it all fluffy and light either.

arista
15-04-2010, 03:26 PM
It needs a direction more then anything, the only good storyline recently has been the Holly plot. I think a mix is neccesary, don't make it all doom but don't make it all fluffy and light either.

The best is when they do Late Night editions
Sex and Fights
Rated 18.

bbfan1991
15-04-2010, 03:32 PM
The best is when they do Late Night editions
Sex and Fights
Rated 18.

I love the late night episodes:blush:, best ones were with Andy Holt the rapist, Toby Mills the serial killer and Niall in Hollyoaks Later:hugesmile:.

arista
15-04-2010, 03:38 PM

Yes Dezzy
Keep It Real .

Leave 'Fluffy ' for the Yanks at Disney.

Feel The Force.

bbfan1991
15-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Arista loves the Hollyoaks babes calendars:p.

Patrick
15-04-2010, 03:48 PM
LOL at how much they are trying so hard to stop this from being axed.

IMO It should be this Channel 4 should be axing not Big Brother, didnt BB10 get more ratings than Hollyoaks does now a days?

bbfan1991
15-04-2010, 03:51 PM

IMO It should be this Channel 4 should be axing not Big Brother, didnt BB10 get more ratings than Hollyoaks does now a days?

Obviously HO isn't going to get like 5 million watching per episode 1-2 million has always been the shows average ratings, as I say it's done well to last 15 years so far:).

Hollyoaks will end one day that is for sure but as long as the fans are enjoying and C4 want to keep showing it then it will continue, sure I heard the contract is nearly up soon;).

Tom4784
15-04-2010, 03:57 PM

There's different audience targets for different times. BB is on during Prime time which means that the audience targets will be higher to match the prices of advertising slots and such while with Hollyoaks it's on during the Tea Time slot which is usually dominated by the News so there's less pressure to score high ratings.

BB did terribly for it's time slot until CBB7 but Hollyoaks keeps a constant audience that is appropriate for the time slot. Basically, Prime Time is when most people are watching TV (Between 7:30PM - 11PM) while the Tea Time Slots has less viewership because people are eating their dinner/ picking up kids/ coming back from work ETC.

So basically their tiem slots are too different to compare.