PDA

View Full Version : Blanche's voice to be heard for one last time

Scarlett.
16-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Coronation Street fans will hear Blanche Hunt's voice one last time in the Weatherfield favourite's funeral episode, it has been revealed.

The acid-tongued battleaxe is to get an on-screen send-off later this year after passing away during a holiday in Portugal.

Speaking to Toronto's Star newspaper, Katherine Kelly - who plays Becky McDonald on the soap - explained that the emotional storyline was created "so people can say goodbye to the character".

She added: "The brilliant writers have found a very clever way of getting her voice into the episode."

Meanwhile, Antony Cotton (Sean Tully), who was also interviewed by the publication, paid tribute to the late Blanche actress Maggie Jones. Jones died last December following a period of ill health.

Cotton said: "She's irreplaceable and was universally adored by the public and also the cast and crew. She was part of the furniture."

Kelly and Cotton were interviewed in Toronto to promote Coronation Street's Canadian airings on CBC.

Digital Spy

I hope they do it like they did with Jack in Emmerdale

Smithy
16-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Yea, I hope it's like Jack, although not the ghostly image at the end, that was quite cheesy, however the voice clips throughout the show was really emotional

Scarlett.
16-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Aye, I also liked how there was a lot of references to the first episode of Emmerdale Farm (similar camera angles ect.)

but the voice clips through the episode would be great

MrGaryy
16-04-2010, 04:15 PM
maybe she'll leave Deirdre a voice message or something?