PDA

View Full Version : 10 Soap Award Spoilers.

Billy
08-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Eastenders win huge this year, apparently.

Best Villain: Larry Lamb
Best Storyline: Who Killed Archie
Best Episode: EE Live
Sexiest Male: Scott Maslen
Best Exit: Charlie Clements
Best Newcomer: Marc Elliott
Best Dramatic Performance: Lacey Turner
Best Actor: Scott Maslen
Best Actress: Lacey Turner
Best Soap: EastEnders

Smithy
08-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Well if this is true it'll shut him up about fixing :S

Stacey.
08-05-2010, 07:12 PM
:shocked: wow, that's amazing.
and pleased to see Eastenders well winning :D

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Have they even begun yet? :s

Smithy
08-05-2010, 07:14 PM
I was wondering that too Chewy :joker:

It seems odd the whole award show is finished by 8 o clock

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Lacey T 2 awards:D.

Michelle Keegan got sexiest female;).

Won't be pleased if HO doesn't get best spectacular scene for Sarah's death:nono:.

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 07:15 PM
lol I think Billy is speculating xD I doubt EE would win EVERY public voted category

Billy
08-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Nope they aren't finished but there's a press release gone about.
I'm not speculating haha.

Stacey.
08-05-2010, 07:17 PM
lol I think Billy is speculating xD I doubt EE would win EVERY public voted category

Coronation Street won sexiest female with Tina.

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 07:17 PM

www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1257978

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Well if thats it, what a huge kick in the balls for Emmerdale

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 07:23 PM
FULL LIST OF WINNERS:

EastEnders: 10 awards

Best soap: EastEnders
Best actor: Scott Maslen
Best actress: Lacey Turner
Dramatic performace: Lacey Turner
Sexiest male: Scott Maslen
Best exit: Charlie Clements
Best storyline: Who Killed Archie?
Best episode: EastEnders Live
Best newcomer: Marc Elliott

Coronation Street: 3 awards

Comedy performance: Craig Gazey
Lifetime achievement: Betty Driver
Sexiest female: Michelle Keegan

Doctors: 2 awards

On-screen partnership: Jan Pearson and Chris Walker
Young actor/actress: Ami Metcalf

Emmerdale: 1 award

Special achievement: Bill Lyons

Hollyoaks: 1 award

Spectacular scene: Sarah's parachute death

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Pathetic result

Stacey.
08-05-2010, 07:29 PM
really pleased with the results.
wish Hollyoaks would do a bit better.

MrGaryy
08-05-2010, 07:30 PM
ew at Best Exit, Charlie's exit was definitely not the best.

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Scott Maslen...best actor....really? Hell there are others in EE who deserve that award more than him

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Emmerdale will definetly do better next year and I think EE will actually win less next time with Corrie perhaps doing a bit better...

Disappointed Gillian Wright wasn't put forward for BDP or Stacey being sectioned for Best Storyline:(.

Smithy
08-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Im not to fussed to be honest, The soap awards are just a bit of a cheesy event to give them a party :laugh:

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Scott Maslen...best actor....really? Hell there are others in EE who deserve that award more than him

I think Scott is a capable enough actor and I like him but suspect he got the he's fit vote from some people:(.

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 07:36 PM
So, EE dominate the soap awards yet again then

Emmerdale never gets enough recognition by these kind of things, typical

Smithy
08-05-2010, 07:40 PM

It didn't go the way we wanted!!

We should call it a fix :rolleyes:

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 07:43 PM
It didn't go the way we wanted!!

We should call it a fix :rolleyes:

We could, but we'll just have to accept it xD the soap award always has been filled with EastEnders luvvies, as have the soap mags, who always put EastEnders on the front with headlines like "EASTENDERS EXPLODES!!!!!!!!!!!!"
when all that happens it Pat Butcher farts

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 07:43 PM

When Hollyoaks won 6 awards in 2008 it had great material that year and also won a few awards by public vote, so I say good on Eastenders as it has been great for a while now despite a rough patch we're seeing now but Emmerdale will hopefully continue to be strong and gets the credit it deserves next year:).

Smithy
08-05-2010, 07:44 PM
We could, but we'll just have to accept it xD the soap award always has been filled with EastEnders luvvies, as have the soap mags, who always put EastEnders on the front with headlines like "EASTENDERS EXPLODES!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:laugh2:

rofl

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 07:44 PM
When Hollyoaks won 6 awards in 2008 it had great material that year and also won a few awards by public vote, so I say good on Eastenders as it has been great for a while now despite a rough patch we're seeing now but Emmerdale will hopefully continue to be strong and gets the credit it deserves next year:).

Hopefully

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 07:45 PM

Corrie is plastered all over the mags too, it's down to all the big storylines:p.

Corrie can't use the oh we didn't win because most of our viewers are in the older age group and don't vote in these things excuse.

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Corrie is plastered all over the mags too, it's down to all the big storylines:p.

Corrie can't use the oh we didn't win because most of our viewers are in the older age group and don't vote in these things excuse.

Fair enough about Corrie, it has had a **** year, but I'm on about Emmerdale, when do you ever see that on the front of a soap mag?

Smithy
08-05-2010, 07:47 PM

No it isn't as much as EE, EE is over the front when it really isn't that big a storyline, this week is a great example The biggest bitch in soap returns, and what's on the front of Soap Weekly (or w/e it's called :p)? Eastenders

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Fair enough about Corrie, it has had a **** year, but I'm on about Emmerdale, when do you ever see that on the front of a soap mag?

Emmerdale has featured on Inside Soap quite a bit recently more than ever, as I remember they used to hardly feature them and Hollyoaks:rolleyes:.. I think people are seeing it is just as good as EE and Corrie but forget the awards as long as people continue to watch and enjoy thats all what matters:).

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 07:51 PM
No it isn't as much as EE, EE is over the front when it really isn't that big a storyline, this week is a great example The biggest bitch in soap returns, and what's on the front of Soap Weekly (or w/e it's called :p)? Eastenders

Corrie will definetly be over Inside Soap with the Tracy stuff and the axings this week.. they do get a lot of coverage but EE is considered to be the most popular soap at the moment so gets the more coverage;).

Smithy
08-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Corrie will definetly be over Inside Soap with the Tracy stuff and the axings this week.. they do get a lot of coverage but EE is considered to be the most popular soap at the moment so gets the more coverage;).

I really don't see how it as seen as the most popular soap, usually ratings determine that, but I'm not even gonna open that can-o-worms :/

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 07:53 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/97686430.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1273349371&Signature=hq7zJ7ZHglRbjNkgjTiTXWW9EXc%3D

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Emmerdale has featured on Inside Soap quite a bit recently more than ever, as I remember they used to hardly feature them and Hollyoaks:rolleyes:.. I think people are seeing it is just as good as EE and Corrie but forget the awards as long as people continue to watch and enjoy thats all what matters:).

Has it been plastered on the front page for lets say a whole month in a row?

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Has it been plastered on the front page for lets say a whole month in a row?

No but oh well the anti EE crowd won't be pleased:hugesmile:.

Smithy
08-05-2010, 07:58 PM
No but oh well the anti EE crowd won't be pleased:hugesmile:.

We aren't the Anti-EE crowd

I can't speak for Chewy but I quit enjoy watching EE, it's just blatently obvious that some magazines are very Bias

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 08:00 PM
I aint anti-EE, I just find this is an insult to all the work Gavin Blyth has done over the past year, an insult to Danny Miller and the rest of the cast and an insult to the production team, the cast of Emmerdale have worked their asses off over this past year

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I aint anti-EE, I just find this is an insult to all the work Gavin Blyth has done over the past year, an insult to Danny Miller and the rest of the cast and an insult to the production team, the cast of Emmerdale have worked their asses off over this past year

Blame the voters and awards panel then not EE;). I do agree though that Emmerdale should have done better...

Smithy I didn't mean you and Chewy I meant in general.. I know you both watch EE even though you prefer Corrie and ED:).

Braden
08-05-2010, 08:05 PM
That's pretty amazing

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Blame the voters then not EE;).

Smithy I didn't mean you and Chewy I meant in general.. I know you both watch EE even though you prefer Corrie and ED:).

I prefer Corrie at the moment, but I can see Emmedale has really tried the best out of all the soaps this year, and them getting ONE award is pathetic

I never said I blame EE, I was mentioning the soap mags, because they are filled with EE luvvies

Spike
08-05-2010, 08:06 PM
EastEnders deserves those awards, apart from the best exit. It has been an amazing year for the soap.
I stopped watching Hollyoaks a few months back, its just been awful for a while now but Sarah's death should have won best exit.
I don't watch any of the other soaps but from the little I have seen of Emmerdale recently it deserves some a lot more recognition especially for the gay storyline, the guy who plays Aaron(?) is doing one amazing job.

Stacey.
08-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Eastenders has better storylines and better characters.

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 08:09 PM
I prefer Corrie at the moment, but I can see Emmedale has really tried the best out of all the soaps this year, and them getting ONE award is pathetic

I never said I blame EE, I was mentioning the soap mags, because they are filled with EE luvvies

Yes ED getting just one award is so disappointing because it has been fantastic recently but you can't deny EE their public awards though I would say that the Archie thing didn't deserve best storyline.

Maybe thats true but maybe some people who write the articles in the mag might prefer Corrie to EE who knows?.. although one person in Inside Soap has admitted Hollyoaks is their favourite soap:p.

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 08:11 PM

Yes ED getting just one award is so disappointing because it has been fantastic recently but you can't deny EE their public awards though I would say that the Archie thing didn't deserve best storyline.

Maybe thats true but maybe some people who write the articles in the mag might prefer Corrie to EE who knows?.. although one person in Inside Soap has admitted Hollyoaks is their favourite soap:p.

I honestly hope Emmerdale boycott next years awards

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 08:12 PM
EastEnders deserves those awards, apart from the best exit. It has been an amazing year for the soap.
I stopped watching Hollyoaks a few months back, its just been awful for a while now but Sarah's death should have won best exit.
I don't watch any of the other soaps but from the little I have seen of Emmerdale recently it deserves some a lot more recognition especially for the gay storyline, the guy who plays Aaron(?) is doing one amazing job.

I suggest you start watching soon as the storylines with the new producer will start to air and new characters coming in.. out goes the dire Lucy Allan era;).

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=bbfan1991;3218148]

I honestly hope Emmerdale boycott next years awards

This will make them work even harder to get the recognition they really deserve but tbh I don't think they care about the awards and only care what the viewers think:).

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Funny how the "best actor in soap" messed up his lines in the live episode

Stacey.
08-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Funny how the "best actor in soap" messed up his lines in the live episode

i'd like to see Coronation Street try to do a perfect live episode.

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 08:25 PM
i'd like to see Coronation Street try to do a perfect live episode.

They did, look up the 40th Anniversary episode

SammyAyee
08-05-2010, 08:26 PM
they can't all be handed out yet because kris from hollyoaks just tweeted and said it's not going well so far, meaning hollyoaks aren't winning much...

Stacey.
08-05-2010, 08:26 PM
They did, look up the 40th Anniversary episode

when was that?
i don't remember anything about it.

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 08:27 PM
when was that?

10 years ago in 2000

g0nEuDx9lbM

Smithy
08-05-2010, 08:28 PM
when was that?

Well, corrie is 50 this year, and 50-40 = 10

so it must have been 10 years ago

:hello: I CAN DO MATHS :D
and it did live episodes every episode up until the mid-70's i think

Stacey.
08-05-2010, 08:29 PM
10 years ago in 2000

g0nEuDx9lbM

oh LOL. that's 10 years ago.
it's a lot of pressure to perform it perfectly on the night.
Jack messed up yes - i didn't even know, until they said on the after-show.
it wasn't noticable at all i didn't think.

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Well, corrie is 50 this year, and 50-40 = 10

so it must have been 10 years ago

:hello: I CAN DO MATHS :D
and it did live episodes every episode up until the mid-70's i think
I think it was up to 1961 :p though I think the Friday episode was live, and the Wednesday and Monday episodes were recorded up until the 70's :p

Smithy
08-05-2010, 08:31 PM
oh LOL. that's 10 years ago.
it's a lot of pressure to perform it perfectly on the night.
Jack messed up yes - i didn't even know, until they said on the after-show.
it wasn't noticable at all i didn't think.

There were quite a lot of noticeable mistakes in the episode

Stephanie
WOOP WOOP
eastenderss.

Scarlett.
Okay, I've calmed down now, EE did deserve them awards, well most, but Emmerdale deserved a few too, like Danny Miller

Stacey.
08-05-2010, 08:32 PM
There were quite a lot of noticeable mistakes in the episode

i didn't see any at all

Smithy
08-05-2010, 08:34 PM
i didn't see any at all

Then you fail at life :/

End of Topic :D

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Okay, I've calmed down now, EE did deserve them awards, well most, but Emmerdale deserved a few too, like Danny Miller

I just noticed your post about the Live Episode well as much practise the actors had they were bound to be nervous and petrified, they were some right funny mistakes though which were noticed like Ronnie not paying for the paint and just walking out of the shop.. Then Babs Windsor saying June instead of Janine:laugh:.

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Stacey's mic was still on her coat when her and Bradley were talking in the alley;).

Stacey.
08-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Then you fail at life :/

End of Topic :D

Lmao. well they must have been so slight mistakes.

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 08:37 PM
but the point is, Scott Maslen ****ed up, therefore he cant possibly be the best actor in soap, I mean, EastEnders has some great male actors, and I wouldnt put Scott among them

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 08:43 PM
but the point is, Scott Maslen ****ed up, therefore he cant possibly be the best actor in soap, I mean, EastEnders has some great male actors, and I wouldnt put Scott among them

I think Scott is a decent actor, he was impressive in The Bill but in EE has been a hit and a miss IMO. Steve McFadden and Jake Wood should have been listed over him though:).

I'm relieved we didn't have an overload of Chryed;).

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 08:45 PM
I think Scott is a decent actor, he was impressive in The Bill but in EE has been a hit and a miss IMO. Steve McFadden and Jake Wood should have been listed over him though:).

I'm relieved we didn't have an overload of Chryed;).

Yeah, he's decent, but he wasnt the best, the voting of this years soap awards was pathetic though really, I mean, when I got to the voting area early this year and discovered they'd remove a large number of public voted catergories

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Yeah, he's decent, but he wasnt the best, the voting of this years soap awards was pathetic though really, I mean, when I got to the voting area early this year and discovered they'd remove a large number of public voted catergories

I voted for Adam Woodyatt:joker:, although happy with Scott since Danny Miller didn't win..

Best was when Rob Kazinsky won when he was still in the show:D.

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 08:54 PM
I think there was some perculiar nominations this year (I cant remember them, but I remember thinking "Huh")

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 09:23 PM
www.rexfeatures.com/live/2010/05/08/british_soap_awards,_london,_britain?pg=2&cr=-1

Some pictures:thumbs:.

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 11:26 PM
It gets better! Doctors got two awards...how?

Kerry
09-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Not read through all this thread so I'm sorry if I just repeat anything said but Scott Maslan best actor and sexiest male?!?! What an absolute joke

Scarlett.
09-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Not read through all this thread so I'm sorry if I just repeat anything said but Scott Maslan best actor and sexiest male?!?! What an absolute joke

That what I said :P

Kerry
09-05-2010, 09:56 PM

It was the only result I heard on TV earlier as I was only half listening but I was literally open mouthed. Well timed bullet in the head methinks :rolleyes:

bbfan1991
09-05-2010, 11:25 PM

Scott has come in for some right stick on DS:rolleyes:. Whilst I agree he should not have won it's not his fault... Jake Wood and Steve McFadden weren't nominated instead it was Scott, Adam Woodyatt and Nitin Ganatra so perhaps EE knew he would win the award and played tactics?.

Also as much as people can moan the awards he won were by public vote;).

Tom4784
09-05-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm glad HO got that award although it should have got best exit as well. I'm glad EE basically swept the board as it as been fantastic the past year.

bbfan1991
09-05-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm glad HO got that award although it should have got best exit as well. I'm glad EE basically swept the board as it as been fantastic the past year.

HO were lucky to get that award considering it was in the Later episodes still it's part of the show:hugesmile:.

Lucy Allan's dire episodes are almost over:cheer:.