PDA

View Full Version : Two more to leave Eastenders...

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Two of EastEnders' youngest stars will be written out of the soap later this year, it has been confirmed.

Charlie Jones and Madeline Duggan - who have played Ben Mitchell and Lauren Branning for the last 4 years - will bow out of the Albert Square serial in the coming months as part of the soap's ongoing revamp under new executive producer Bryan Kirkwood.

According to the Daily Star Sunday, 13-year-old Jones had to be "consoled" by his chaperone after hearing the news that his 4 years with the soap would be coming to an end.

He has yet to film his final scenes, but his exit will allegedly have nothing to do with Barbara Windsor's departure as Peggy Mitchell in the autumn. It has been suggested that his final story will revolve around the climax of his hate campaign against Louise - or tie in with Lucy Benjamin's whistlestop return as Louise's mother Lisa Fowler.

Meanwhile, Duggan (below, right) - who has been notably absent from the show since her screen mother Jo Joyner left on maternity leave - has already filmed her final scenes as Lauren.

On Thursday, she was spotted filming on location with Joyner, who reprised her role as mother-of-two Tanya for a single episode. She is due to return to work full-time in the coming months, having given birth to twins.

An EastEnders source told the newspaper: "Charlie and Maddy are two very popular youngsters. So there were a lot of sad faces when everyone heard they were both leaving. They've both had their fair share of dramatic storylines and will be greatly missed.

"Ben's exit will be one of the biggest storylines of the summer. It's going to very dramatic and will have repercussions for months to come. Fans are in for a real treat with this one. Maddy has already filmed her exit. She was pretty emotional as she's very close to Jo, who plays her mum on the show."

They added: "But she's had a great time working on 'Enders and has everything going for her."

An show spokesperson confirmed: "Charlie and Madeline will be leaving EastEnders later this year. They have been a pleasure to work with and we wish them all the best for the future."

Before the end of the year, EastEnders is due to lose ten familiar faces, including Lacey Turner (Stacey Slater), Tiana Benjamin (Chelsea Fox), Gillian Wright (Jean Slater), Cliff Parisi (Minty Peterson) and Derek Martin (Charlie Slater).

Since taking the helm, however, Kirkwood has orchestrated the returns of favourites Kat and Alife Moon as well as signing former Footballers' Wives star Zoe Lucker.

Pleased about Lauren:D, gutted about Ben but as long as Abi doesn't leave or any of the Jackson kids:).

Smithy
08-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Oh thank **** for that

Ben is possibly the worst character ever!! I hope he dies in a really bad way, like gets hit by a car, then Big Mo falls on him

Meh, not to fussed about Lauren

Shaun
08-05-2010, 11:14 PM
I don't watch the show but...

HALLELUJAH. [@ben]

Jordan.
08-05-2010, 11:14 PM
The news that Ben is leaving has made my day. :hello:

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 11:15 PM
I want Leon and Fatboy gone:joker:.

Patrick
08-05-2010, 11:18 PM
I literally came in here with my hands over my eyes gutted expecting to see ZsaZsa and FatBoy leaving.

Thank god the E20 Crew live to fight another day.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Im going to miss Maddie, I love her sfm.
Shes wicked and so is her character.

I want that annoying little girl Abbie to leave.

Ben is leaving eh?
Im going to miss the hate for him tbh.

Will be intresting to see his exit, maybe they will show him getting on a plane and Steven Beale can slowly sit down beside him and they stare at eachother and the plane takes off to Julia's Theme.

In 2016 Ben can return, in Sam Mitchell Style, maybe Phil can go down town and stumble into the local Gay Club and see Ben there dancing..

Doof Doof Doof..

Kerry
08-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Yay for Ben going. Intrigued how now though!

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Yay for Ben going. Intrigued how now though!

To think they killed off Kathy Beale to bring him in:(.

Patrick
08-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Cant belive how many Soap Stars are leaving Soap Land atm.

Its horrible.

To a Soap Fan, it feels like our friends are dieing or leaving us.

But what do you expect with a new producer.

Down with Kirkwood!

Does anyone know when Diedrick Santer's final episode will air?

His name still appears at the end of the credits.

Kerry
08-05-2010, 11:24 PM
To think they killed off Kathy Beale to bring him in:(.

They should've sent him to his room and brought down a Ben with a new face and acting skills....

BGT-FAN!
08-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Ben and Adam down

Now Leon, Fatboy and Peter to go then It will be perfect

Stephanie
08-05-2010, 11:25 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS/

there is a god.

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Cant belive how many Soap Stars are leaving Soap Land atm.

Its horrible.

To a Soap Fan, it feels like our friends are dieing or leaving us.

But what do you expect with a new producer.

Down with Kirkwood!

Does anyone know when Diedrick Santer's final episode will air?

His name still appears at the end of the credits.

Tbf some have chosen to leave, out of who he's axed or the actors agreeing to leave apart from Charlie they are the right decision:). I think we'll see some new characters which have been needed for ages really:hugesmile:.

Kerry
08-05-2010, 11:26 PM
I don't mind the E20 kids so long as they stop clogging up the show. At the moment it's all about them and it's dull as dishwater

Kerry
08-05-2010, 11:27 PM
No big deal about Lauren. She's hardly part of the show now anyway

Scarlett.
08-05-2010, 11:27 PM
NO! WHY IS BEN GOING WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?

Why couldnt he have gone earlier :p

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 11:28 PM
I wouldn't be happy if he axed Lucy or Whitney:nono:.

Kerry
08-05-2010, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't be happy if he axed Lucy or Whitney:nono:.

Whitney annoys me a bit but I don't mind her. I like Lucy.

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Whitney annoys me a bit but I don't mind her. I like Lucy.

I know she can be very moody.. Lucy is by far the best teen:blush:.

Kerry
08-05-2010, 11:38 PM
I know she can be very moody.. Lucy is by far the best teen:blush:.

Yes. And I think I'd rebel with Ian for a Dad :laugh: Mind you they do seem to have a good relationship regardless

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Yes. And I think I'd rebel with Ian for a Dad :laugh: Mind you they do seem to have a good relationship regardless

Tamwar is developing nicely too, think it's not on how Zainab and co just ignore him all the time and only concentrate on Syed:(.

Stacey.
08-05-2010, 11:40 PM
not Lauren :bawling:
i love her! she's so pretty too.
great little actress she is.

Patrick
I don't mind the E20 kids so long as they stop clogging up the show. At the moment it's all about them and it's dull as dishwater

Not really.

They bring comedy to it tbh.
Alot of people have said they have grown to like Fatboy this week so its going in the favour.

Hes wicked.

Does anyone know when we will get the Forest Teen Camp scenes?

Maia
WTF? Not Lauren! :bawling:

God, why doesn't Brian Kyrkwood just go ahead and axe the whole show?

Kerry
08-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Tamwar is developing nicely too, think it's not on how Zainab and co just ignore him all the time and only concentrate on Syed:(.

Tam is a great character.

Kerry
08-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Not really.

They bring comedy to it tbh.
Alot of people have said they have grown to like Fatboy this week so its going in the favour.

Hes wicked.

Does anyone know when we will get the Forest Teen Camp scenes?

I have laughed at them I admit. I just wish they weren't so prominent

Patrick
08-05-2010, 11:43 PM
WTF? Not Lauren! :bawling:

God, why doesn't Brian Kyrkwood just go ahead and axe the whole show?

I know :(

not Lauren :bawling:
i love her! she's so pretty too.
great little actress she is.

ikr, Maddie was the only actress kind enough to actually speak to me, She even wished me happy birthday in summer :(

The rest all ignored me, tbf though they ignored everyone that spoke to them so thats fine :joker:

bbfan1991
08-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Poor Oscar his main carer is leaving.. Max and Tanya leave him in his room to cry with no feed or changing his nappy:joker:.

Patrick
08-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Poor Oscar his main carer is leaving.. Max and Tanya leave him in his room to cry with no feed or changing his nappy:joker:.

I think its horrible how they neglect the babies in Eastenders.

I mean Camel and Oscar are hardly ever spoken too :joker:

bbfan1991
09-05-2010, 12:03 AM
I think its horrible how they neglect the babies in Eastenders.

I mean Camel and Oscar are hardly ever spoken too :joker:

Tamwar sees to Kamil;).

Kerry
09-05-2010, 12:37 AM
Kamil gets more airtime than Oscar ever did