PDA

View Full Version : Leon and Zsa Zsa to leave EastEnders

Scarlett.
10-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Sam Attwater and Emer Kenny are to leave EastEnders in the coming months, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The pair - who play Leon Small and Zsa Zsa Carter in the show - are the latest cast members to be written out under new executive producer Bryan Kirkwood's tenure.

Their characters first appeared in online spinoff E20, before transitioning into the main show shortly after the run of 12 webisodes.

Speaking of their departure, Kirkwood exclusively told DS: "Emer and Sam have made a real impact in the short time they've been on the Square and we wish them all the best for the future."

He added: "Of course, we look forward to continuing working with Emer in her capacity as a writer on EastEnders: E20."

Attwater and Kenny are the 13th and 14th cast members scheduled to bow out before the end of the year.

Other actors due to leave include Lacey Turner (Stacey Slater), Tiana Benjamin (Chelsea Fox) and Barbara Windsor (Peggy Mitchell).

Since his arrival, however, Kirkwood has cast former Footballers' Wives star Zöe Lucker and soap newcomer Kylie Babbington as mother-daughter duo Vanessa and Jodie Gold.

Digital Spy

Kerry
10-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Just spotted that myself lol

Scarlett.
10-05-2010, 11:34 PM
lol from what I hear the E20 lot werent a hit xD

Kerry
10-05-2010, 11:35 PM
I never liked them. Too much airtime. If they'd had less and introduced them gradually they might have got a better fanbase. But they were too 'in yer face'

MrGaryy
10-05-2010, 11:36 PM
There is a God then!

Patrick
10-05-2010, 11:36 PM
I... I... I need a moment.

Fellas, somthing has to be done.

You cant just get rid of Emer Kenny.
Brian Kirkwood needs axing, Thats what I say.

I mean I was all for this change thing, but.. I mean no, you cant just get rid of ZsaZsa I mean shes fit.

VERY Fit.

Whats next eh?
I suppose hes going to get rid of Fat Boy now, stick the final nail in the coffin.

I mean Leon, fair enough.
Hes boring anyway.

But not ZsaZsa!!

Alot of people have grown to like her, I mean ALOT.

Im quite happy for Fatboy though, I mean he gets alot of hate but out of all of these characters I never thought he would last the longest.

I might go and write Emer Kenny a letter and ask for a Autograph before its too late.

**** you Kirkwood.

Patrick
10-05-2010, 11:38 PM
I never liked them. Too much airtime. If they'd had less and introduced them gradually they might have got a better fanbase. But they were too 'in yer face'

ZsaZsa built quite a big fan base.

Alot of people online and stuff, off TiBB have made alot of remarks about her and quite positive ones.

Pages for her on FB show how much shes liked, in Inside Soap they even had a collum on her and named it..

'Soap Stars of the future!'

So much for Emer being the new Stacey Slater then, Kirkwood never gave them a chance.

Kerry
10-05-2010, 11:58 PM
I don't mind Zsa Zsa so much. Just that maybe they should have been introduced more in their own right and not as a whole. It was too much

EastendersFan26xxx
10-05-2010, 11:59 PM
i kinda liked Zsa Zsa - thats a shame and Leon is ok too but I totally agree that the only person that needs axing from eastenders is Brian Kirkwood himself!(and of course Billy Mitchell:xyxwave:) Fatboy better stay though! i think he is great and after finding out about Lauren i cant take another one of my fav'z leaving
also i think Whitney and Lucy need to become friends seriously with Lucy's best friend Lauren leaving and Whitney best friend Zsa Zsa leaving who else do they have?

officialleafan
11-05-2010, 12:16 AM
You can't say "keep Zsa Zda because she's fit", as a character, she has potentially nothing to offer. We already have too many mouthy female characters in Eastenders, Zsa Zsa doesn't really add anything to the show, she seemed like a clone of Stacey to be honest.

In all honesty though, she's the best out of all the E20 crew...

Tom4784
11-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Shame about Zsa Zsa but I couldn't care for the other two.

CaraRawr
11-05-2010, 05:51 AM
NOOOO. I love the E20 lot so much. With no Leon, Fatboy will be nothing. :'( And I like Zsa Zsa.

Twilight
11-05-2010, 06:06 AM
Aww damn, i liked Zsa Zsa, and Leon was one of my faves D':

Stacey.
11-05-2010, 06:59 AM
thank **** for that! don't like either of them.
FatBoy can stay though. he's a legend.

Ruth*Star
11-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Ugh. Why? Zsa Zsa and Leon are leaving where as one with the fake stupid voice and idiotic name Fatboy stays, Bryan made some a stupid decision there.

Nicklol123
11-05-2010, 11:48 AM
That's like 14 characters now leaving, this is ridiculous!

Iceman
11-05-2010, 11:54 AM
meh they didnt have any stroylines to intrest me so i dont care.

pinkmichk
11-05-2010, 11:57 AM
excellent move by the producer they are dreadful

BB_Eye
11-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Leon was at least more bearable than Zsa Zsa and FatBoy so I'm surprised to hear this.

A lot of axings lately... who is going to replace all of these people?

Billy
11-05-2010, 12:25 PM
I really liked Zsa Zsa, thought she was gonna be on lead when Stacey left but apparently not.

Smithy
11-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Thank God, I couldnt stand them

Ramsay
11-05-2010, 02:16 PM
i never understood why they gave zsa zsa such a stupid name

Spike
11-05-2010, 02:35 PM
I was just starting to like these two, especially Leon. The characters are just developing and getting good.
I'm amazed Billy Mitchell keeps avoiding the axe

Firewire
11-05-2010, 03:13 PM
It's a shame really, I liked them.

Maia
11-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I... I... I need a moment.

Fellas, somthing has to be done.

You cant just get rid of Emer Kenny.
Brian Kirkwood needs axing, Thats what I say.

I mean I was all for this change thing, but.. I mean no, you cant just get rid of ZsaZsa I mean shes fit.

VERY Fit.

Whats next eh?
I suppose hes going to get rid of Fat Boy now, stick the final nail in the coffin.

I mean Leon, fair enough.
Hes boring anyway.

But not ZsaZsa!!

Alot of people have grown to like her, I mean ALOT.

Im quite happy for Fatboy though, I mean he gets alot of hate but out of all of these characters I never thought he would last the longest.

I might go and write Emer Kenny a letter and ask for a Autograph before its too late.

**** you Kirkwood.

This, this, this. There's gonna be no eye candy left. :bawling:

bbfan1991
11-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Hooray about Leon he's so dull:D.. as for Zsa Zsa she's going just as i'm starting to like her:(, has a lot of potential like some others thought they were building her up to be the next Stacey Slater but lets face it wouldn't be as much as a success IMO anyway:p.

Please Fatboy to go next:thumbs:.