PDA

View Full Version : Coronation Street HD

Scarlett.
12-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Coronation Street is to be broadcast in high definition on ITV1 HD from May 31, it has been announced today.

The landmark development follows a multi-million pound investment at the Weatherfield soap's Manchester base, allowing the programme to meet the demands of the higher-quality filming.

In recent months, a number of upgrades have been made to the serial's production capabilities, including the introduction of new cameras, lighting and editing facilities. Additionally, a number of the drama's exterior sets have been improved to bring them up to high definition standard.

The soap's executive producer Kieran Roberts commented: "Coronation Street is known for its wonderful writing and performances but we're also very proud of the technical expertise and excellence that goes into making the programme.

"Our engineers and crews have done a fantastic job in taking the show to high definition and I'm especially pleased that it's happening in the year Coronation Street celebrates being fifty years young."

Meanwhile, ITV's director of television Peter Fincham said: "It is fitting that, in its golden anniversary year, Coronation Street should be entering the era of high definition. It is fantastic news for ITV viewers who will be able to enjoy a better than ever experience of their favourite soap, and joins an impressive range of high definition shows available on ITV1 HD, including this summer's World Cup."

ITV1 HD launched on April 2 and is available on all major platforms.

Digital Spy

I'm guessing the Underworld storyline will be the big thing to show of Corrie HD, the opening titles are likely to change too

Scarlett.
15-07-2010, 12:52 AM
So a few months on, what does everyone think about the HD switch? I love what it's done to the street, it looks a lot brighter for one, and the picture quality is brill

http://media.entertainment.sky.com/image/unscaled/2009/12/17/ITV-Coronation-Street-The-Wedding-Crasher-Wk-1-Jan10-Soap-Spoiler-11.jpg

http://media.entertainment.sky.com/image/unscaled/2010/06/15/ITV-Coronation-Street-Lloyd-Wades-In-Wk-26-June-10-19.jpg

Looking closer to things, you can see all the little details, and thank GOD, they seem to have put make-up or something on Dreary's neck!