PDA

View Full Version : Eastenders HD.

Patrick
12-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I think BBC HD is awesome, I always watch Waterloo Road on it and should be by right watching it in 45 minutes but I cant because the BBC think that old hospital drama is more important.

Anyway, Ever since I got Sky+ HD I've been wondering WHY isnt Eastenders on BBC HD?

I mean Corrie is going to ITV HD, I dont have ITV HD though as im not in England but that doesnt bother me, but why isnt Eastenders in HD?

I mean its just as, if not more popular than Corrie, so it wouldnt be a waste putting it in HD aswell.

Honestly, it just makes sense.

Any reason behind EE Not in HD?

And will it ever be?

Scarlett.
12-05-2010, 06:19 PM
because, correct me if I'm wrong, the buildings in the square are actually facades, where as Corrie's houses are made of real bricks :p

Patrick
12-05-2010, 06:21 PM
because, correct me if I'm wrong, the buildings in the square are actually facades, where as Corrie's houses are made of real bricks :p

Your correct, but how does this stop the show being HD?

Is this linked to what they wanted to do in 2008, you know when they wanted to move to Wales to film Eastenders to make the set look better?

Scarlett.
12-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Your correct, but how does this stop the show being HD?

Is this linked to what they wanted to do in 2008, you know when they wanted to move to Wales to film Eastenders to make the set look better?

Well, in SD, you wouldnt notice this because of it isnt as sharp of a picture, but in HD, these things will be very noticeable, and indoor sets will need to be revamped to

In Corrie they had to replace the chimnleys with with real ones, replace fences with real ones and have had to repaint the outdoor set of the Rovers

Smithy
12-05-2010, 06:25 PM
It means that you can tell it's all fake, theres been talk of airing it in HD but they'd have to rebuild the entire set