PDA

View Full Version : Corrie boss looking for two new male characters

Scarlett.
18-05-2010, 11:46 PM
THE show’s new boss is on the hunt for two hunky men to cause chaos on the cobbles.

Executive producer Phil Collinson has told Hot TV that he’s ready to boost the ranks of the Manchester soap and hot men are top of his list.

But while he’s after one pin-up to become Weatherfield’s resident heart-throb, the other will be one of the Street’s toughest villains.

The former Doctor Who boss told us: “I think we are missing a really good heart-throb.

“And there’s also room for a new tough, good-looking villain.”

At the moment the characters are still in development.

But Phil, who took over the show in March, is keen to introduce them by the end of the year.

Tony Gordon (Gray O’Brien, 41) has been the Street’s Mr Nasty for the past few years, but his reign of terror is about to come to an end.

Phil added: “Tony has been doing a great job but it’s time for someone new.”

Fans will soon get to see the killer’s dramatic break from jail.

And they watch in suspense as he storms back to the Street to get revenge on his former wife Carla, (Alison King, 37) right.

He will take her and some of her staff hostage at the Underworld knicker factory.

And someone is set to leave in a body bag.

Bosses are keeping tight-lipped about whether Tony escapes the siege but with the actor confirmed to be leaving, whatever the outcome there will be room for a new bad boy.

Phil added: “There are incredibly exciting times ahead for Corrie.”

Daily Star

Mrluvaluva
18-05-2010, 11:55 PM
"And someone is set to leave in a body bag."

Do we know who it is?

Scarlett.
19-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Not yet, one of them is Tony, but the 2nd person is yet unknown xD

BigSister
19-05-2010, 10:11 AM
oooh thanks for that chewy

bbfan1991
19-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Not yet, one of them is Tony, but the 2nd person is yet unknown xD

Obviously more than one ending is filmed but I think we can rule Carla out due to those pics we saw if she shoots him in the factory then I think it's Maria who dies because I remember that spoiler that says Carla is wrongly accused of murder, which she wouldn't if she was dead:joker:.

Scarlett.
19-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Indeed, but that might not mean Maria ;)

bbfan1991
19-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Indeed, but that might not mean Maria ;)

Keeping my fingers crossed:laugh:, plus about Carla there is those pictures in the car with some guy maybe that could be to put people off the scent and could be a surprise?.

Scarlett.
19-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Not sure, i think it could be someone unexpected :P

bbfan1991
19-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Not sure, i think it could be someone unexpected :P

I'm confident it won't be Carla however can't help the doubts:(.

Maybe those who are leaving are killed:p.

Scarlett.
19-05-2010, 04:32 PM
maybez xD

bbfan1991
19-05-2010, 04:35 PM
maybez xD

Maybe Claire goes in to try and get Becky out then puts herself at risk which leads to Ashley going in to save her then Trev goes in to save Carla:joker:.

Scarlett.
19-05-2010, 04:36 PM
and then Natasha goes in but end up hung on the light somehow D:

bbfan1991
19-05-2010, 04:58 PM
and then Natasha goes in but end up hung on the light somehow D:

Nick is too late to save her but sneakily lets Carla out the back;).