PDA

View Full Version : should eastenders have won the best soap award?

dirtyvileHARRYuk
20-05-2010, 07:57 AM
should eastenders have won the best soap award ?

i watched the soap awards with interest,

and faith in them i can no longer invest.

i am disgusted that eastenders won,

even if i am a dedicated fan, i still will shun.

coronation street should win 10 fold,

because every aspect of life they have sold.

a few examples of my favoured people will follow,

i love the croppers, the windasses, dev, even kirk who upstairs is hollow.

everyone brings drama, misery and humour,

the award for the best soap is wrong,i am starting this rumour.

eastenders fails to add anything if its not depressing,

unlike the endings of coronation street, eastenders leaves me stressing.

the massoods have oven taken, but its boring,

there son's storyline, leaves me snoring.

if i had to give advice, i would say add whit,

because eastenders compared to coronation street equals ????.

dont no what you lot think on bb message board but the joe is sad lol maybe we need to start a back lash ? anyone behind me on this ?>

sooty
20-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi Joe,

I do not watch Eastenders so I can not comment well.
Actually I watched the first 10~15 years or so when it started, but story lines were getting gloomy and depressing and no much humours, in the end I stopped watching completely.
Whereas Corrie, they have brilliant mixed story lines. I love their humours.

It was shame Corrie did not win the best soap.
Well at least Betty Driver (Betty), Craig Gazey (Graeme) and Michelle Keegan (Tina ),,,,.

sooty
20-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Hi Joe

How can I get rid of the blue man at the top of my previous post?
I must have accidentally touched. Mind you the face was exactly I feel at the moment. ha ha ha.

arista
20-05-2010, 10:34 AM
No.

Ruth*Star
20-05-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm elated Eastenders won, They've had such a strong year with hardhitting stories like the Ronnie/Danielle story and the Chryed story, Stories which invoke emotion in the viewer.

I think Emmerdale did deserve something especially Danny Millier (Aaron) but as Suzanne Shaw said it best on the ITV2 Post-Show "We don't need a piece of silverware to prove how good we are", but awards are nice to recognise the work of the Actors and Actresses put in for these daily shows for our enjoyment.

KG.
20-05-2010, 11:10 AM
I think Eastenders did deserve to win, maybe I'm being a little biased because it's the only soap I'd usually go out of my way to watch if I knew something decent was going to happen, but I just generally enjoy the show and the characters a lot more.

However, I do feel that Danny Miller should have definitely won something for his storyline in Emmerdale.

Smithy
20-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Thats the first one of your poems I've read, so that in itself sums up my feelings

Shasown
20-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Hi Joe

How can I get rid of the blue man at the top of my previous post?
I must have accidentally touched. Mind you the face was exactly I feel at the moment. ha ha ha.

Click on the edit button then click on go advanced, scroll down to the edit boxes then remove whatever is in the title box

WOMBAI
20-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Not in my opinion - as I no longer watch it! Got bored with it ages ago! I watch Corry and Emmerdale - in my opinion - far better!

sooty
20-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Click on the edit button then click on go advanced, scroll down to the edit boxes then remove whatever is in the title box

Worked!
Thank you Shasown.

BigBrotherfan4ever
20-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Yes Eastenders should have won the best soap award, i think Eastenders has been brilliant in last year.

sooty
20-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Thats the first one of your poems I've read, so that in itself sums up my feelings

It is nice to see you, Smithy.:amazed:

I feel happy many people visit Joe's poem thread.

bbfan1991
20-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Yes Eastenders deserved to win IMO it's the best soap and it's been great to watch:).

Stacey.
20-05-2010, 06:49 PM
yes, definitely they should have won!
Eastenders is by far the best soap i think.
that sort of reflects with the amount of awards they got...

Kerry
20-05-2010, 08:57 PM
No. Corrie for me. EE is too far fetched and miserable at the moment

Patrick
20-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Yes.

Everyone loves Eastenders.

dirtyvileHARRYuk
20-05-2010, 09:34 PM
do you no what i am thinking < lets forget all soaps as the love of my life starts soon < BIG BROTHER lol can not wait