PDA

View Full Version : No celebrity stunts or returning faces for Corrie's 50th

Scarlett.
22-05-2010, 11:59 AM
CORRIE’S top brass have slammed the door on Kerry Katona’s bid to land a role in the Street.

The troubled reality star has made no secret of her desire to work on the Manchester soap.

Kerry, 29, recently confessed: “I will make bosses see that I have changed and I think I could be a great asset to the show.”

Former stars – including Julie Goodyear, 68, Ken Morley, 67, and Kevin Kennedy, 48 – have been repeatedly linked with a return to Weatherfield to help the soap celebrate its 50th year.

But the show’s new boss Phil Collinson has vowed there will be no celebrity “stunts” or returning of old faces to mark their big day in December. He said: “I want the anniversary to be about Corrie celebrating being 50 years young.

“There’s always that temptation to look at bringing back old characters or famous cameos but I think the show is better than that. “Our 50th is about looking forward to the future. It can easily go for another 50.”

Speaking about EastEnders’ 25th anniversary show in February, Phil said: “They do the big stunts very well and of course we want to be even bigger and better.”

Daily Star

Smithy
22-05-2010, 12:26 PM
How can u be bigger and better without stunts or rturnjng faces :s

Scarlett.
22-05-2010, 12:48 PM
How can u be bigger and better without stunts or rturnjng faces :s
Returning faces are a bit meh any way and it would seem contrived to bring them back, I mean, we got Tracy didnt we?

and they said no CELEBRITY stunts, which means they dont want to bring in celebs just for ratings or the celebrations

Phil sounds like he wants stunts from this quote
“They do the big stunts very well and of course we want to be even bigger and better.”

BigSister
22-05-2010, 01:01 PM
They might do something like blow up the rovers its gonna be something big if its no returning faces etc. But i rather have a big episode though

Scarlett.
22-05-2010, 01:02 PM
A big episode would be good, something that changes the streets dynamics

BigSister
22-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah its gotta be something good i mean its the 50th anniversary

Smithy
22-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Returning faces are a bit meh any way and it would seem contrived to bring them back, I mean, we got Tracy didnt we?

and they said no CELEBRITY stunts, which means they dont want to bring in celebs just for ratings or the celebrations

Phil sounds like he wants stunts from this quote
“They do the big stunts very well and of course we want to be even bigger and better.”

Ah, yes ik, but it would have been nice to see a well loved character who appeared in the first ever episode to come back, and maybe die :O

And, oh not celebrity stunts :tongue: I thought it just meant stunts in general

Scarlett.
22-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Only if it made sense to the plot :P

Tom4784
22-05-2010, 02:34 PM
I can see a big disaster happening (perhaps a plane crash as Corrie loves to nick Emmerdale's storylines :laugh: but yeah I can see a crash of soem sort happening if it's gonna be big. I can't see anything blowing up though since they're already doing it to the factory.

bbfan1991
22-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Anything will be better than having Michelle and Rosie pouting, Sean folding his arms and doing the usual camp act which we've seen time and time again, Becky with her tiresome drunk act.. Liz acting like a sket and weird fashion sense then Molleh trying to act like a femme fatale:joker:.