PDA

View Full Version : Bill Roaches [Ken Barlow's] sons to join for 50th anniversary

Scarlett.
25-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Coronation Street legend Bill Roache is to be joined on the cobbles by his two sons Linus and James later this year, it has been announced.

The pair will join the Weatherfield serial in September as part of a surprise new plot for their father's character Ken Barlow.

In the build-up to Coronation Street's 50th anniversary celebrations, Ken uncovers a dark family secret when a letter from the 1960s is unearthed during building work.

Although it is understood that the Ken's discovery sparks Linus and James's arrival on screen, show bosses are keeping tight-lipped about the identity of their characters.

Speaking of the twist, Bill Roache commented: "I can think of no better way to celebrate my 50th anniversary on Coronation Street than to be working alongside both of my sons - I am looking forward to it immensely."

Linus has already appeared on Coronation Street before, having played Ken's son Peter briefly in the 1970s. He has since starred in NBC's Law and Order, 2005 movie Batman Begins and the Robert F. Kennedy biographical drama RFK.

James, meanwhile, has appeared in ITV1's Cold Blood and BBC One's The Innocence Project.

The duo will appear on screen for three weeks following their arrival in September.

Digital Spy

Interesting

Smithy
25-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Do we know how long they're going to here or not?

Scarlett.
25-05-2010, 12:44 PM
It says they appear on screen for three weeks :p

Smithy
25-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Oh yea :p

Sorry the dog's barking his head off, I couldn't concentrate :tongue:

Scarlett.
25-05-2010, 12:47 PM
lol I wonder what the Barlow's secret is?

Mrluvaluva
25-05-2010, 12:51 PM
lol I wonder what the Barlow's secret is?

Secret love child?

Scarlett.
25-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Who knows? xD I dont think it will be secret love children

It must be from No.9 as its been mentioned Eileen buys it and does it up, and Ken lived at No.9 for a while

Mrluvaluva
25-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I thought Eileen was just having the cladding removed?

Scarlett.
25-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Well, she must be completely doing it up, afterall, who'd want to keep the wallpaper xD

Ken lived there in the 60's