PDA

View Full Version : Pauline Quirke joins Emmerdale

Scarlett.
28-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Former Birds Of A Feather actress Pauline Quirke has joined the cast of Emmerdale as Jackson Walsh's mother Hazel.

The 50-year-old - who played Sharon Theodopolopodous for nine years alongside Linda Robson in the BBC One sitcom - begins filming at the soap's Leeds home at the end of next month and her larger-than-life character soon finds herself at the epicentre of "an enormous and gripping storyline".

Free-spirited teacher Hazel arrives in the Dales on a whistlestop visit to see her son Jackson (Marc Silcock), who is currently being wooed by troubled teen Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller).

However, as one newly-single villager takes a keen interest in her, Hazel's jetset lifestyle is halted when she becomes embroiled in a "hugely dramatic" plot that affects the lives of both her son and his lover.

Speaking of her signing, Quirke said: "I'm really looking forward to joining the show, my mum was a fan back when it was called Emmerdale Farm, so it's always been a part of my life. The show has really moved on, it's consistently good, there are some great characters and great storylines, I've especially loved Aaron's story."

She added: "I've never done anything like this before so it's something different for me and I'm very happy to be a part of it."

Series producer Gavin Blyth commented: "I am absolutely delighted that Pauline will be joining Emmerdale at such an exciting time. She is a fantastic actor who I know will do justice to this character."

He went on: "Alongside Aaron and Jackson, she will be at the centre of an enormous and gripping storyline this autumn/winter. One to really look forward to."

Quirke's other acting credits include Skins, Casualty, Cold Blood, The Bill and My Family.

More recently, she starred as DS Mary Jane Croft in a second series of BBC One's daytime drama Missing.

Kerry
28-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Crikey!

Callum
28-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Yay!

Kerry
28-05-2010, 11:28 PM
She's an excellent actress. Her accents gonna sound so weird in Emmerdale though :D

Scarlett.
28-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Good casting for Emmerdale, the plot sounds quite interesting

Kerry
28-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Good casting for Emmerdale, the plot sounds quite interesting

It does sound good!

Callum
28-05-2010, 11:32 PM
I do like her but it's a shame she isn't somebody else's mother, I'm not a fan of Jackson personally.

bbfan1991
29-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Good news, she's a brilliant actress:).

DrunkerThanMoses
31-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Intresting, shes a great actress, shame shes jackson's mother.

Tbh I find the arran gay storyline over-rated.

Mrluvaluva
31-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Sounds like a possible interesting storyline.