PDA

View Full Version : Lucy Beale to leave Eastenders...

bbfan1991
30-05-2010, 11:34 AM
EastEnders producers have axed Lucy Beale actress Melissa Suffield after she allegedly ignored numerous warnings from bosses about her "unruly behaviour".

According to the Daily Star Sunday, the 17-year-old - who has played Ian Beale's eldest daughter since 2004 - was issued with a final warning after attending a London nightclub while underage.

Despite being reprimanded, Suffield allegedly continued to ignore warnings about her continued misbehaviour, which resulted in a string of meetings and ultimately culminated in her dismissal from the role.

A source at the soap told the newspaper: "Melissa has been hauled before bosses on a number of occasions for her behaviour and attitude outside work. In the end they made the decision to let her go.

"The way she's been behaving out of work over the last few months is not acceptable. Melissa is 17 and wants to go out, have fun and do what she likes. But that kind of behaviour doesn't work when you're on a show like EastEnders."

They continued: "She was given a warning a couple of months back after she was photographed going into a London club. So when things didn't improve they had no choice but to write her out of the show."

An EastEnders spokesperson confirmed: "Melissa will be leaving in the summer. She's had a fantastic six years on the show and we wish her the best of luck."

Earlier this month, Devon Anderson - Billie Jackson in the East-End serial - was banned from attending the British Soap Awards after violating strict BBC rules over advertising by posting a photograph of his intended outfit on Twitter.

:(

Smithy
30-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Another one bites the dust

Stacey.
30-05-2010, 11:36 AM
:bawling:

she's one my favourite characters atm.
they're getting rid of all the good ones!

Braden
30-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Shame, her character was great for the show while it lasted.

bbfan1991
30-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Rita Simons likes to have a drink and is a bit of a party girl so I suppose she will go next then if they are coming down hard?, considering she's high profile and her character is a Mitchell I guess not:rolleyes:.

Loukas
30-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Daily Star Sunday
Fhew! Probably bulls*it. They can't axe her, shes like the new cindy! :D. I LOVEEEEEE Lucy!!

Scarlett.
30-05-2010, 11:53 AM
She deserves the axe, she had been given numerous warnings

Smithy
30-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Daily Star Sunday
Fhew! Probably bulls*it. They can't axe her, shes like the new cindy! :D. I LOVEEEEEE Lucy!!

Nope, It's on Digital Spy too

bbfan1991
30-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Daily Star Sunday

It's been confirmed on DS:(, fair enough Melissa had been given warnings and now has to take responsibility for what happened but funny how no pictures ended up in the press.

She's underage and needs to set an example to young people who watch the show but theres probably lots of people who have drunk alcohol or got into clubs underage.. Lucy will probably be recast by the looks of it;).

Enid
30-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Rita Simons likes to have a drink and is a bit of a party girl so I suppose she will go next then if they are coming down hard?, considering she's high profile and her character is a Mitchell I guess not:rolleyes:.
It's because she's under age, not because she likes to party...

Jords
30-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Lucy is a good character! :/ Wonder how she will leave..

Enid
30-05-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm glad she's going. She always spoke unnaturally fast.

bbfan1991
30-05-2010, 12:06 PM
It's because she's under age, not because she likes to party...

True but if they are going to be harsh on the younger cast for that kind of thing then they have to be on the adults too.. cast are entitled to have fun away from work but they have a responsibility to be role models too and when Bryan Kirkwood was at Hollyoaks he fired Devon Anderson for keep turing up to work late and a few more for out of work discretions so he takes no crap...

Scarlett.
30-05-2010, 12:08 PM
True but if they are going to be harsh on the younger cast for that kind of thing then they have to be on the adults too.. cast are entitled to have fun away from work but they have a responsibility to be role models too and when Bryan Kirkwood was at Hollyoaks he fired Devon Anderson for keep turing up to work late and a few more for out of work discretions so he takes no crap...

They wasnt harsh, she was warned numerous times, she ignored it, she thought she was invincible, and was axed

Kerry
30-05-2010, 06:39 PM
I like Lucy but I guess if she's been warned.