PDA

View Full Version : ITV Confirms Corrie Rescheduling

Smithy
04-06-2010, 03:55 PM
ITV this afternoon announced its schedules for the remaining episodes of Coronation Street's Siege Week.

The shelved fourth episode of the week - which should have aired on Wednesday evening - will now transmit on Monday (June 7) evening at 7.30pm. Yesterday's episode, meanwhile, will air the same night at 8.30pm.

The climax to Siege Week - which was meant to air this evening - will be broadcast on Wednesday (June 9) as part of an hour-long screening, which will take in the episode which was due to air at 7.30pm on Monday evening.

Monday's second episode - due to air at 8.30pm - is now shunted to Thursday (June 10) and will be attached to that evening's scheduled episode in another 60-minute screening from 8pm.

Coronation Street schedules will then return to normal from Friday, June 11.

An ITV spokesperson said: "We apologise to ITV1 viewers for the interruption to this week's Coronation Street scheduling but, against the backdrop of Wednesday’s tragic events in Cumbria, it would have been inappropriate to broadcast these episodes this week."

Following two days of postponement, ITV this afternoon confirmed that Corrie would not be shown for a third consecutive day of the week out of respect for the 12 people who were shot dead at the hands of taxi driver Derrick Bird.

Sunday's omnibus, meanwhile, has been replaced by the 1960s film adaptation of Pollyanna.

On Wednesday, ITV pulled its fourth instalment of the week and yesterday, the commercial broadcaster once again chose not to broadcast either instalment.

The Manchester serial's postponed episodes - which should have aired each evening in the 9pm slot either side of Britain's Got Talent's performance and results shows - were replaced by screenings of Harry Hill's The Best of TV Burp.

The storyline at the centre of the soap's special week of episodes sees convicted murderer Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) escape from prison and return to Weatherfield with the help of his henchman Robbie Sloan (James Fleet).

Once back on the Street, Tony holds Carla (Alison King) and Hayley (Julie Hesmondhalgh) hostage at gunpoint, before setting the factory ablaze.

Finally We Know :hugesmile:
Monday, June 7
7.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Should have aired on Wednesday, June 2 at 9pm
8.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Should have aired on Thursday, June 3 at 9pm

Wednesday, June 9
8pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Should have aired on Friday, June 4 at 9pm
8.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Should have aired on Monday, June 7 at 7.30pm
Will air together as an hour-long edition

Thursday, June 10
7pm - Emmerdale (1 hour) - Should have aired the same night but separately at 7pm and 8pm
8pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Should have aired on Monday, June 7 at 8.30pm
8.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Is airing at its normal time. At this point, Corrie is back in sync.
Will air together as an hour-long edition

Friday, June 11
7.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Airs as normal
8.30pm - Coronation Street (30 mins) - Airs as normal

Patrick
04-06-2010, 03:56 PM
LOL Its so not 'Seige Week' anymore.

OMG at it clashing with BB :shocked:
Oh oh.

Jack_
04-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Big Brother is ****ed. Absolutely brilliant. Thanks a lot you ***** gunman :rolleyes:

Smithy
04-06-2010, 03:57 PM
It doesnt clash with BB lol

I just jumped to conclusions, it ends at 9pm on Wednesday

Jack_
04-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Thank for that.

Jordan.
04-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Thank god it doesnt clash with BB :)

Stacey.
04-06-2010, 04:01 PM
pleased we finally know.

Scarlett.
04-06-2010, 04:02 PM
About damn time!

Kerry
04-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah they just said it's back Monday on TV - yay

Sticks
04-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Surely they should wait until after the funerals and the inquest before showing this. Maybe they should even can these episodes and reshoot them like they are doing with an episode of Eastenders

Smithy
04-06-2010, 04:18 PM
No they can't sticks, these episodes cost the show £1,000,000 to film and they blew up the set they used so it would be impossible to reshoot them

Sticks
04-06-2010, 04:25 PM
No they can't sticks, these episodes cost the show £1,000,000 to film and they blew up the set they used so it would be impossible to reshoot them

Then can the episodes and suspend the show for a few weeks, after which have some talking head or voice over give a summary of what happened and continue from there.

As for the cost, TOUGH!!

In light of the tragedy in Cumbria, to show these episodes is unthinkable and in very poor taste. :mad:

If the makers of East Enders can re film an episode to respect the families of victims, so can the makers of this show, no matter what the cost.

Scarlett.
04-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Then can the episodes and suspend the show for a few weeks, after which have some talking head or voice over give a summary of what happened and continue from there.

As for the cost, TOUGH!!

In light of the tragedy in Cumbria, to show these episodes is unthinkable and in very poor taste. :mad:

If the makers of East Enders can re film an episode to respect the families of victims, so can the makers of this show, no matter what the cost.

Not really, the episodes have ONE gunshot, there has been films with much worse violence broadcast over the last 3 days

Smithy
04-06-2010, 04:34 PM

As for the cost, TOUGH!!

Eastenders have the opportunity to refilm the scenes as none of them have been shown, Corrie was in the middle of siege week, if you don't like it don't bloody watch

arista
04-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Surely they should wait until after the funerals and the inquest before showing this. Maybe they should even can these episodes and reshoot them like they are doing with an episode of Eastenders

No Way.

arista
04-06-2010, 04:46 PM
"As for the cost, TOUGH!!"

No sticks
we are in the real world
Cost Matters more than your Views.

Sticks
04-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Cost Matters more than your Views.

And the feelings of the families of the victims?

Scarlett.
04-06-2010, 05:12 PM

I doubt they give two ****s what is on TV right now

arista
04-06-2010, 05:15 PM

Go and Ask the Victims They want it back on TV.

You are Out of Touch.

Angus
04-06-2010, 05:27 PM

As for the cost, TOUGH!!

And where does all this anguished breastbeating end? Should networks not show dramas and films which feature car crashes or air disasters in case it upsets car crash victims or air disaster survivors and their families? What about dramas about stabbings, rape, paedophilia etc etc: these tragic events unfortunately occur every day of the week, so someone out there is going to be upset/offended/angry etc etc. My parents died of cancer, so I get very weepy and upset when I see TV dramas or films that feature this disease in a story line, and I certainly wouldn't seek to stop them airing. I have a choice not to watch, and there's always the OFF button on the tv.

The Cumbria shootings were horrendous, but not airing a fictional drama is OTT PC censorship, and I resent not being given the option to exercise my personal choice of whether or not to watch.

*mazedsalv**
04-06-2010, 05:31 PM
So it doesnt clash with BB then?

edit- My 18,000th post :D

Smithy
04-06-2010, 05:33 PM
No Clash salv :D

And congrats on 18k :shocked:

Boothy
04-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Arguing that the scenes in Corrie will upset families of the victims is stupid IMO. Yeah, fair enough cancelling on the night it happened out of respect, but one gunshot is not, in any way, replicating what happened in Cumbria. If the scene was a mass murder going around randomly shooting anyone, then fair enough, can it, but as far as I can tell (I don't watch Corrie), it's a legit storyline with no connections to mass murdering or Cumbria at all.

Where would you draw the line with things like this? Would you scrap the next big Hollywood action film out of 'respect'? As pointed out by Angus, there are dramas on everyday of the week showing, what could be, sensitive issues. Would you also cancel these?

Scarlett.
04-06-2010, 05:39 PM
I think ITV have been very respectful by moving the episodes to next week, but they are a commercial broadcaster, and they need money

arista
04-06-2010, 05:57 PM
I think ITV have been very respectful by moving the episodes to next week, but they are a commercial broadcaster, and they need money

Bang On Right
Chewy.