PDA

View Full Version : Danniella Westbrook Returns to EE!!

Smithy
06-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Actress Danniella Westbrook will once again return to EastEnders as Sam Mitchell, Digital Spy can confirm.

The 36-year-old - who recently finished fourth in this year's series of Dancing On Ice - makes her comeback in the summer for a handful of episodes.

Little is known about the circumstances surrounding Sam's reappearance in Walford, other than that she is released from prison harbouring grudges and "a big secret".

It is thought her return will coincide with Barbara Windsor's departure as Peggy Mitchell, after 15 years in the role.

Executive producer Bryan Kirkwood this afternoon told Digital Spy: "When Sam Mitchell is in Albert Square, trouble is never far behind. We last saw her heading for a stretch in prison and ostracised by her family. When she returns on her release, it's with a lot of grudges and a big secret."

He continued: "Danniella brings a lot of fun and mischief to the role of Sam and I'm looking forward to having her back where she belongs."

Westbrook reprised her role as Sam in April last year. On screen, the Mitchells attempted to hide her from the police but the law quickly caught up with her when she was arrested for trying to flee the country again.

While rekindling her romance with Ricky, Sam also had an affair with Jack Branning. She then became embroiled with Archie, who convinced her to skip bail and ultimately cause the Mitchells to lose The Vic.

She made a surprise return on Christmas Day ahead of Archie's murder and quickly became a suspect. However, on hearing her mother Peggy and brother Phil's plan to use her as a scapegoat, Sam turned herself in to the police.

In a final showdown with her mother, Sam rejected her mother and made it clear that she had no interest in the Mitchell name.

Jords
06-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Ahhh sounds exciting! Shame its only for a 'handful' of episodes though, as I was quite warming to Danniella as an actress [she still cant cry convincingly mind you :laugh:]

Smithy
06-06-2010, 03:01 PM
ik, I'd have liked to see her stay for a little while longer too :(

Braden
06-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Good! I love her character :)

Mrluvaluva
06-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Not again. :sleep:

Stacey.
06-06-2010, 03:06 PM
hate her. hate her character. pleased she won't be in it too much.

Iceman
06-06-2010, 03:07 PM
ik, I'd have liked to see her stay for a little while longer too :(

I reckon they'll extend her stay

Patrick
06-06-2010, 03:13 PM
OH FFS.

No!!

Ugly Dog.
Bring back Kim!

Ruth*Star
06-06-2010, 03:29 PM
I reckon her coming back briefly will co-inside with Mintys exit since Minty has been axed. Minty's mentioned her lately hasn't he, So maybe that was a hint. They'll go off into the sunset together or something.

zotler.
06-06-2010, 04:00 PM
I reckon her coming back briefly will co-inside with Mintys exit since Minty has been axed. Minty's mentioned her lately hasn't he, So maybe that was a hint. They'll go off into the sunset together or something.
Oooo, interesting theory

Smithy
06-06-2010, 05:32 PM
I reckon they'll extend her stay

I think if they did that she'd come back, leave then come back again for her extended stay, which tbh would be annoying

Jayson
06-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Why was Sam in prison?

bbfan1991
06-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Pleased Danniella is coming back again:D, she has that chemistry with Babs Windsor, Steve McFadden etc that Kim Medcalf simply lacked.