PDA

View Full Version : Carley Stenson to leave Hollyoaks!

bbfan1991
14-06-2010, 04:27 PM
We caught up with Carley Stenson - AKA Hollyoaks sweetheart Steph Cunningham - now that her character has just been diagnosed with cervical cancer. Carley tells us how it has felt to take on this storyline, and reveals her favourite Hollyoaks moments...

How did you feel when you found out that Steph was going to get cancer?
I just felt a bit scared because it's a touchy subject, but I was flattered that the producers offered me the role and believed that I could take on the challenge.

What has been the most difficult thing about this storyline for you?
Wanting to justify to the people watching who know exactly what Steph is going through. I wanted to make Steph endearing and for people to connect with her through the storyline. I wanted to make it seem believable.

What research did you do for the role?
I read every kind of information I could find on the internet and in leaflets. I also had a chat with my best friend's sister who's a nurse and asked her what the procedures would be, and how and what Steph would find out along the way.

Has it made you feel any different about cancer now that you know more about it?
I'm a little bit of a worrier anyway, so I'm always on top of getting checks and things like that, but it's made me more aware. I think a lot of young women don't think that cervical cancer can happen to them. It's made me want to raise awareness of it. Knowing that it is, unfortunately, a popular type of cancer, I want to make sure everyone realises that they should keep going back for check-ups.

What do you think should happen to poor little Tom if Steph doesn't survive her illness?
I think Tom's a lot more adjusted to life and death now. He's a lot older, so he's more understanding of it and more mature. I don't know who he may go to - either Gilly or Frankie and Jack. I'm not too sure, but I think Tom actually helps them a lot by being so understanding and so strong.

What have been your favourite storylines over the years while playing Steph?
My favourite would have to be Steph's relationship with Max and Niall, and how it started and ended. It was quite a huge storyline marrying Max and dealing with his death, then the Niall kidnap storyline which that led into. That, for me, was a long storyline, but it was great!

Who will you miss most when you leave Hollyoaks?
No one in particular! I got on very well with both the crew and the cast, so I'll miss everyone really.

We'll miss you too Carley!...

Gutted:(:bawling:, so the rumours are true that she quit...

Hope Steph has an happy ending because I don't want poor Tom to suffer another family member dying.

DrunkerThanMoses
18-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Hope she kills Gilly and then goes on the run with her lesbian girlfriend jem :)

KERRYJ
18-06-2010, 02:02 PM
We caught up with Carley Stenson - AKA Hollyoaks sweetheart Steph Cunningham - now that her character has just been diagnosed with cervical cancer. Carley tells us how it has felt to take on this storyline, and reveals her favourite Hollyoaks moments...

How did you feel when you found out that Steph was going to get cancer?
I just felt a bit scared because it's a touchy subject, but I was flattered that the producers offered me the role and believed that I could take on the challenge.

What has been the most difficult thing about this storyline for you?
Wanting to justify to the people watching who know exactly what Steph is going through. I wanted to make Steph endearing and for people to connect with her through the storyline. I wanted to make it seem believable.

What research did you do for the role?
I read every kind of information I could find on the internet and in leaflets. I also had a chat with my best friend's sister who's a nurse and asked her what the procedures would be, and how and what Steph would find out along the way.

Has it made you feel any different about cancer now that you know more about it?
I'm a little bit of a worrier anyway, so I'm always on top of getting checks and things like that, but it's made me more aware. I think a lot of young women don't think that cervical cancer can happen to them. It's made me want to raise awareness of it. Knowing that it is, unfortunately, a popular type of cancer, I want to make sure everyone realises that they should keep going back for check-ups.

What do you think should happen to poor little Tom if Steph doesn't survive her illness?
I think Tom's a lot more adjusted to life and death now. He's a lot older, so he's more understanding of it and more mature. I don't know who he may go to - either Gilly or Frankie and Jack. I'm not too sure, but I think Tom actually helps them a lot by being so understanding and so strong.

What have been your favourite storylines over the years while playing Steph?
My favourite would have to be Steph's relationship with Max and Niall, and how it started and ended. It was quite a huge storyline marrying Max and dealing with his death, then the Niall kidnap storyline which that led into. That, for me, was a long storyline, but it was great!

Who will you miss most when you leave Hollyoaks?
No one in particular! I got on very well with both the crew and the cast, so I'll miss everyone really.

We'll miss you too Carley!...

Gutted:(:bawling:, so the rumours are true that she quit...

Hope Steph has an happy ending because I don't want poor Tom to suffer another family member dying.

who cares this is a big brother forum

bbfan1991
19-06-2010, 10:10 PM
who cares this is a big brother forum

Errr this is a soap forum, as you can see Big Brother isn't the only thing that people talk about on here and it's sadly finishing as you know:joker:.

'Conor
19-06-2010, 10:12 PM
so she probably wont beat cancer then..