PDA

View Full Version : Queen Vic' to burn down [Confirmed]

Scarlett.
21-06-2010, 10:46 PM
The Queen Vic is set to go up in flames – and one of soap’s most famous landladies may perish in the inferno.

EastEnders’ iconic boozer burns down this summer in explosive scenes which leave a question mark hanging over how Peggy Mitchell, played by Barbara Windsor, leaves the BBC1 soap.

The fire will also see an end to the current pub, which has stood in Albert Square for 25 years.

A soap source said: “It’s set to be a spectacular episode. No one knows yet if Peggy dies in the fire but they are also writing out a host of other characters, so there is a good chance someone will be killed off when the Vic burns.”

In April it was announced that six characters were being written out including mechanic Minty (played by Cliff Parisi), Charlie Slater (Derek Martin) and student Libby Fox (Belinda Owusu).

Soap veteran Barbara Windsor is preparing to leave this summer after over a decade as Peggy.

The blaze is also an exciting way of getting rid of the current Queen Vic.

It is part of the set in need of a revamp for when EastEnders is shot in HD from this autumn.

The Mirror

'Conor
21-06-2010, 10:48 PM
more doom and gloom omg is there ever happyness in this show?? on every x-mas, new years eve/day someone is either killed, hit by car, dont get me wrong its a brilliant soap but it should have more happier storylines.

Smithy
21-06-2010, 10:55 PM
more doom and gloom omg is there ever happyness in this show?? on every x-mas, new years eve/day someone is either killed, hit by car, dont get me wrong its a brilliant soap but it should have more happier storylines.

:laugh2:

It'll be exciting to watch though :D

Scarlett.
21-06-2010, 11:11 PM
EastEnders' iconic pub The Queen Victoria is to topple in a blazing inferno later this year.

The pub, which has stood in its current state since the soap's inception 25 years ago, will burn down in the autumn and could tie in with the departure of Walford matriarch Peggy Mitchell (Barbara Windsor).

Little is known about Peggy's exit plot but executive producer Bryan Kirkwood told DS that it will be "both epic and poignant".

A show source said: "It's set to be a spectacular episode. No-one knows yet if Peggy dies in the fire but they are also writing out a host of other characters, so there is a good chance someone will be killed off when the Vic burns."

In total, 13 cast members - including Stacey Slater (Lacey Turner), Charlie Slater (Derek Martin) and Chelsea Fox (Tiana Benjamin) - are being written out before the end of the year.

The decision to destroy The Vic's exterior in a fire ties in with the soap's transition to HD, in which key sets must be completely refurbished to ensure their standard in the higher quality format.

Digital Spy

Stacey.
21-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Will be good as ever

Callum
21-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Peggy won't die, one of the show writers said they wouldn't kill her off before. But I expect characters who nobody really care about like Minty, Libby, Adam, Chelsea and maybe Liz will.

Kerry
22-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Oh not again. How much bad luck can one pub have

Jords
22-06-2010, 01:35 AM
:shocked:

Cant wait for this! Highly doubt Peggy will die though.

Kerry
22-06-2010, 02:10 AM
I don't think Peggy will be killed off either. Prob vanish to live with Grant or something

cupid stunt
22-06-2010, 09:39 AM
whos gona burn it down is it danny? or nick cotton

CaraRawr
22-06-2010, 02:19 PM
D:

bbfan1991
22-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Peggy is so NOT dying:). I can see Minty dying whilst saving her and maybe it's Sam who does it for revenge?:shocked:.

DigitalSid
22-06-2010, 11:06 PM
The current vic has NOT stood for 25 years.