PDA

View Full Version : Vera Duckworth to return to Corrie

Scarlett.
23-06-2010, 01:04 AM
CORRIE legend Vera Duckworth is set to make a dramatic return to the ITV1 soap - as a GHOST.
The battleaxe, played by Liz Dawn, is being lined up to make the spooky comeback two years after she died.

And bosses are planning to have her reappear before on-screen husband Jack finally leaves the cobbles in December.

Jack - played by Bill Tarmey, 69 - is expected to be involved in a major storyline to give him a fitting exit, to coincide with Corrie's 50th anniversary.

Producers are developing a plotline that sees Vera's spirit come back to Weatherfield cobbles - where she once ran the Rovers Return pub - to chat to Jack before his 31-year stint ends.

Liz, 70, who first appeared in the Manchester-based soap in 1974, left the show in January 2008 after being diagnosed with incurable lung disease emphysema.
Fitting

In her final scene her character Vera was seen passing away in her sleep - leaving a devastated Jack behind.

A Corrie insider said: "The scriptwriters have been trying to come up with a fitting end for Jack and the ghost idea has become a big hit among the crew."

The source compared the plot to the famous scene when Bobby Ewing returned to soap Dallas months after being killed in a car crash.

Our insider added: "It would be the most dramatic return from the grave since Bobby came out of the shower in Dallas."

Jack left Weatherfield earlier this year with new love and fellow pigeon enthusiast Connie Rathbone after actor Bill went into semi-retirement due to health problems.

But he will make a return to Weatherfield before leaving completely.

Producers are currently considering a range of storylines to spice up the show ahead of its anniversary.

Bringing back Jean Alexander as Hilda Ogden was among ideas that have been rejected.

Plots to go ahead include transsexual Hayley Cropper's wedding to long-term partner Roy.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3025641/Coronation-Streets-Vera-Duckworth-set-to-return-to-soap-as-a-ghost.html#ixzz0rdLwkl4i

It actually sounds quite interesting, if it was done in a Marlon/Trisha kind of way (no overly corny, but like Jack talking to the "Vera" in his mind)

arista
23-06-2010, 10:56 AM
As Ghost - Clever.

Jase
23-06-2010, 12:19 PM
LMAo i dont like corrie that much but this sounds amazing, get it on air quick its brilliant

Scarlett.
23-06-2010, 01:18 PM
I think The Sun have made this out wrong

What I'm thinking is an episode with Jack talking to Vera in his mind, in an empty Rovers

Tom4784
23-06-2010, 01:30 PM
I reckon it'll be like what they sometimes do on Hollyoaks. He'll talk to her in his mind and then as he leaves, he'll catch a glimpse of her or something.

Scarlett.
23-06-2010, 01:33 PM
I'd love that ^ :D it'd be really moving

Visage
25-06-2010, 12:07 AM
It's all lies, lies I tell ya!

Kerry
25-06-2010, 12:12 AM
Hmmmm...... have heard Sharon Marshall mention it though

Thing is I hate all this back from the dead stuff but if it's done well..... (I'll cry my heart out)

Callum
25-06-2010, 12:39 AM
I don't think ghosts work well in soaps or seeing the dead. Maybe just seeing them but having the character return to be a ghost or a vision is pointless in my opinion. But it's more plausible than Hollyoaks alien storyline at least.

Scarlett.
25-06-2010, 12:40 AM
I think it's more of a metaphorical thing than it being a ghost or vision

Jase
25-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Maby he could be in the vic, talking to her and she aint there, then on his final scene there is a long shot from the rover to the end of the street from an height and she is there right at the end and he goes there and she aint there... or something like that

Scarlett.
24-09-2010, 12:41 PM
A video of her with Jack on his deathbed has been shown at the street party

94-96FACT
24-09-2010, 01:11 PM
The scene in soap that made me cry more than any other was when Marlon was talkin to Tricias ghost on the bench in Emmerdale.

If this is done right it will be heartbreaking

Scarlett.
24-09-2010, 01:13 PM
I totally agree with that, that scene was heartbreaking

Smithy
24-09-2010, 01:28 PM
I missed that scene, But I remember my parents talking about it

Scarlett.
24-09-2010, 01:31 PM
It was really moving, them sat talking on a bench with the ruins of Emmerdale in front of them

bbfan1991
24-09-2010, 02:52 PM
The scene in soap that made me cry more than any other was when Marlon was talkin to Tricias ghost on the bench in Emmerdale.

If this is done right it will be heartbreaking

Aww that was so sad and I also got choked with emotion when OB saw Max's ghost in Hollyoaks at Drive N'Buy and was talking to it:(.

It will be moving when Corrie does this and a fitting end to the character of Jack!.