PDA

View Full Version : Hollyoaks' Michaela McQueen is fired from the soap

Scarlett.
24-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Hollyoaks actress Hollie-Jay Bowes has been speedily written out of the Channel 4 soap following a string of rows with show bosses.

The 21-year-old, who plays wannabe journalist Michaela McQueen, is due to film her last scenes on Monday after receiving her final script at the end of last week.

Earlier this month, Bowes broadcast her decision to quit her four-year role on Twitter following a heated exchange with new producer Paul Marquess.

During the meeting, she allegedly questioned various aspects of her story with co-star Kent Riley (Zak Ramsey) and was subsequently told that she would be dropped from this year's series of Hollyoaks Later.

After the argument, Bowes is said to have stormed out of the office and tweeted: "This past 4 years have been incredible but I think its time to find myself again! I'm officially leaving hollyoaks in the next 6 months!x (sic)"

Programme bosses, however, were so enraged by her behaviour that they asked storyliners to bring her time with the show to an abrupt and early end.

A Hollyoaks source told DS: "Hollie overstepped the mark - Paul didn't even know that she wanted to leave, so everybody was stunned when she announced her intentions on the internet."

They added: "She also annoyed storyliners by confirming tabloid reports of an alien storyline on Twitter, too."

Bowes is due to make her screen departure in August.

Digital Spy

bbfan1991
24-06-2010, 11:38 PM
:shocked: Although it was over the net that she wasn't happy about the axings.. good luck to her.

The alien story was denied by some HO actors on Twitter saying that it would be in Elliot's imagination which makes sense since he is a science geek but there is rumours he could be leaving too..

Beastie
24-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Hollyoaks has gone sh!te anyway.

DrunkerThanMoses
24-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Hollyoaks is crap now anyway.

bbfan1991
24-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Hollyoaks has gone sh!te anyway.

I really do hope it will pick up again from July 5th which is when the new producers episodes airs, we have more new characters plus Lee returing, new departures and storylines too:).

C4 seem to be keeping the faith at the moment!.

bbfan1991
24-06-2010, 11:45 PM
The show has been dire since Lucy Allan took over:(, i've been bored and more negative than I usually am about HO.

DrunkerThanMoses
24-06-2010, 11:46 PM
The alien storyline wil lkill the show

Beastie
24-06-2010, 11:47 PM
I really do hope it will pick up again from July 5th which is when the new producers episodes airs, we have more new characters plus Lee returing, new departures and storylines too:).

C4 seem to be keeping the faith at the moment!.

Might give it a chance again if I can be arsked. I heard Stephanie from Over the Rainbow is going to be on Hollyoaks as part of the new family!

bbfan1991
24-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Might give it a chance again if I can be arsked. I heard Stephanie from Over the Rainbow is going to be on Hollyoaks as part of the new family!

Yes and the actress who played Jacqui from Brookside:D.

I don't think there is actually an alien storyline, it sounds like a PR stunt tbh for the show to get people talking...

bbfan1991
24-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Hollyoaks Later also sounds exciting too..

Heard that in the main episode soon Theresa confesses to Carmel all about shooting Calvin who then reports her to the police:shocked:, don't know what happens next.

Visage
25-06-2010, 12:29 AM
I've enjoyed Hollyoaks since the arrival of the Mcqueens, but I must say, I am really struggling to keep up with the show.

I'm happy about all those leaving the show, and looking forward to the new families.

Hollyoaks hasn't been the same since the parachute incident.

I also feel what is the point of investing my time watching the show at the minute, when a lot of the cast are going.

bbfan1991
25-06-2010, 12:33 AM
I've enjoyed Hollyoaks since the arrival of the Mcqueens, but I must say, I am really struggling to keep up with the show.

I'm happy about all those leaving the show, and looking forward to the new families.

Hollyoaks hasn't been the same since the parachute incident.

I also feel what is the point of investing my time watching the show at the minute, when a lot of the cast are going.

There is still quite a few of the current cast left... but in a good way all these new arrivals marks a new era of the show under a new producer, and maybe getting the show on it's feet again which is what C4 want and why they are not axing it unlike some people wishing it was:).

Visage
25-06-2010, 12:39 AM
There is still quite a few of the current cast left...

True, and I'm not about to switch off, I still believe it will come great again.

I just find myself drifting off when the likes of the Valentine family, and Newt are on the screen as they ain't part of the future anymore.

bbfan1991
25-06-2010, 12:43 AM
True, and I'm not about to switch off, I still believe it will come great again.

I just find myself drifting off when the likes of the Valentine family, and Newt are on the screen as they ain't part of the future anymore.

I trust the new producer, however i'm concerned that he is not afraid to axe characters who the audience really like or have grown to love.

Well their exits have been filmed and I heard that Loretta dies:shocked:.

Visage
25-06-2010, 12:53 AM
I trust the new producer, however i'm concerned that he is not afraid to axe characters who the audience really like or have grown to love.

Well their exits have been filmed and I heard that Loretta dies:shocked:.

Sounds interesting.

They've had some work to do with her character, I remember reading they were going down the child killer story over the Christmas period.

bbfan1991
25-06-2010, 01:01 AM
Sounds interesting.

They've had some work to do with her character, I remember reading they were going down the child killer story over the Christmas period.

No that plot got axed due to a complaint by James Bulger's mother so the producers understandably went for another route instead;).

I'm quite looking forward to the HO Later episodes in October because it will contain storylines that will continue in the main show in more detail, instead of adding random storylines in there LOL.