PDA

View Full Version : Corrie rape storyline? [SPOILERS]

Scarlett.
26-06-2010, 09:41 PM
CORONATION STREET is to screen a controversial rape storyline that will see David Platt returning to his wicked ways.

Driven wild with jealousy after his old flame Tina McIntyre fell for his mate Graeme Proctor - he will take a terrifying revenge.

The last time the Street included a rape scene was in 2001 when almost 14 million people tuned in to see Toyah Battersby brutally attacked by pal Phil Simmonds in an alley.

The violence was slammed by many fans as being too sickening for an early evening soap - but that hasn't put the soap's new producer Phil Collinson off.

Last night a Corrie insider revealed: "This storyline is bound to have its critics as many viewers prefer us to stick to the more mundane aspects.

"But Phil thinks the three actors involved in this plot work brilliantly together and he wants a vehicle to make the most of that in a gritty and realistic way."

Jack P. Shepherd (David) has picked up gongs for being best soap villain while Craig Gazey (Graeme) and Michelle Keegan (Tina) have been lauded as best newcomers.

Our source added: "The public clearly love these three. They are the future of the show and Phil wants to cement their relationship with viewers in a must-see storyline.

"But he also realises many people found the Toyah rape scene very harrowing and he'll temper the way Tina's attack is filmed."
Mayhem

In recent weeks fans have seen David transformed from the Street's Mr Nasty into a good guy as he fought to help his mum Gail beat her murder charge.

But now she's in the clear, demon David - who offered killer Tracy Barlow an alibi on condition she sleep with him - can get back to what he does best... causing mayhem.

First he'll do all he can to try to break Tina and Graeme up. But when his sick plans fail he'll sink lower than ever before.

Our insider said: "The jealousy and hatred grows in him until it comes out in a really frightening attack."

NOTW

Smithy
26-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Omg d:

Scarlett.
26-06-2010, 09:59 PM
This would make David Platt unforgivable D:

Smithy
26-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Yea, you'd think he'd end up going down for that

Scarlett.
26-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Maybe he will, if this goes ahead, there is no other option for him but to leave the show

Smithy
26-06-2010, 10:05 PM
It may be something to do with him getting that other girl pregnant

Scarlett.
26-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Which other girl? lol

bbfan1991
26-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Please NOoooooo I like David, he is capable of bad things but I don't really think he is capable of that:shocked:.

bbfan1991
26-06-2010, 10:11 PM
He would have to leave if it's true:(.

Scarlett.
26-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Indeed he would

I think it could be an interesting storyline

Smithy
26-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Which other girl? lol

In RL

Scarlett.
26-06-2010, 10:15 PM
In RLAye, they might be axing him (via a storyline xD)

Kerry
26-06-2010, 11:24 PM
I hope this isn't true. Too far down the EE route of total doom and gloom (and unbelievable)

Scarlett.
26-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Not totally unbelievable, David is very obsessed with Tina

Smithy
26-06-2010, 11:29 PM
I hope this isn't true. Too far down the EE route of total doom and gloom (and unbelievable)

:laugh:

There was something in the Sun TV mag today with some woman saying she hates Eastenders because it relies on deaths for entertainment

Kerry
26-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Not totally unbelievable, David is very obsessed with Tina

But how much bad crap can one family have? And I don't think even David would stoop that low to hurt Tina

Kerry
26-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Davids just gone through hell and high water to save his Mum from prison and then he'd go and put himself inside causing her untold hurt, nevermind hurting Tina - Bull. Totally unconvincing

bbfan1991
26-06-2010, 11:37 PM
If this is true then the producers have ruined David's character:mad:, hope they speak out to clarify it...

BB_Eye
26-06-2010, 11:39 PM
More misfortune for Tina... just when she was starting to bloody cheer up.

Visage
26-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Interesting, I wonder (if this is true) how David will get out of this one.

Scarlett.
26-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Davids just gone through hell and high water to save his Mum from prison and then he'd go and put himself inside causing her untold hurt, nevermind hurting Tina - Bull. Totally unconvincing

If true, it probably wont be premeditated

Jords
26-06-2010, 11:40 PM
A very gloomy storyline, could work but Im with Jaye here, doesnt really sound that believable.

Smithy
26-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Then again, recently a lot of storyline that corrie have been doing, people said oh thats not very realistic/believable and then they've still managed to pull it off

Kerry
26-06-2010, 11:43 PM
As if Tina couldn't fight him off. She'd kick the crap outta him

Scarlett.
26-06-2010, 11:56 PM
I personally think the storyline could be interesting, Corrie has been playing things safe for too long

Kerry
27-06-2010, 12:00 AM
I personally think the storyline could be interesting, Corrie has been playing things safe for too long

Yeah thats fair enough but make it barely believable. Tina would kick the crap out of him plus at the moment, even though David is Satan himself, I doubt he'd do anything to hurt his Mum or his love. If anything he'd attack Graham

Scarlett.
27-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Yeah thats fair enough but make it barely believable. Tina would kick the crap out of him plus at the moment, even though David is Satan himself, I doubt he'd do anything to hurt his Mum or his love. If anything he'd attack Graham

Things might change between then and now, he could be pissed off his plan didnt work and then he goes to see Tina to maybe apologize or something, but she rejects him and David cant take it, we already know how possessive David can get (Bullying Phil the footman because he is going out with his mum, pushing his mum down the stairs because she went behind his back, trying to kill Jason for marrying his sister, faking his death because Jason is marrying his sister)

Kerry
27-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Things might change between then and now, he could be pissed off his plan didnt work and then he goes to see Tina to maybe apologize or something, but she rejects him and David cant take it, we already know how possessive David can get (Bullying Phil the footman because he is going out with his mum, pushing his mum down the stairs because she went behind his back, trying to kill Jason for marrying his sister, faking his death because Jason is marrying his sister)

Oh yeah, he can certainly flip at the flick of a coin. Granted, it'll be interesting. Just worried it's going down the doom and gloom route. I guess soaps all go through spells though where you love or hate them :)

Scarlett.
27-06-2010, 12:19 AM
I think there will be a good mix, what with Roy and Hayley's wedding coming up, I imagine the factory will be a lot lighter too now that Tony has gone

Kerry
27-06-2010, 12:25 AM
I think there will be a good mix, what with Roy and Hayley's wedding coming up, I imagine the factory will be a lot lighter too now that Tony has gone

I think Corrie made sure they threw in the 'Graham ep' for us to giggle at too after all the harrowing stuff. We'll see :)

Scarlett.
27-06-2010, 12:28 AM
I hope Graeme beats the living **** out of David when he finds out xD

Kerry
27-06-2010, 12:29 AM
I hope Graeme beats the living **** out of David when he finds out xD

:love:

bbfan1991
27-06-2010, 01:01 AM
I really like David and Graeme's friendship, will be over for good by the looks of it:(.

He'll probably be pally with Gary Windass next:joker:.

I've gone off Tina a lot for now but I really want to like her again...

Callum
27-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Knew he would be written out soon after NOTW published an article about him cheating on his girlfriend and making another woman pregnant. Never thought he would go as far as rape though. If he didn't leave after this it would cause a nationwide uproar and ofcom would be filled with complaints. It wouldn't look good for Corrie.

Scarlett.
27-06-2010, 11:23 AM
It would be interesting to see how the Street community would react to David

bbfan1991
27-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Knew he would be written out soon after NOTW published an article about him cheating on his girlfriend and making another woman pregnant. Never thought he would go as far as rape though. If he didn't leave after this it would cause a nationwide uproar and ofcom would be filled with complaints. It wouldn't look good for Corrie.

David's one of my favourites and I would not be on his side if this is confirmed which judging by PC's DS interview nothing of the sort was mentioned then thats a great character ruined:(.. they have ruined Tina and this Graham thing IMO is damage limitation.

Tom4784
27-06-2010, 10:51 PM
I don't think it's a good idea, you can't redeem a character from that really and it'd hurt his storyline potential in the future.

Visage
28-06-2010, 12:21 AM
It would be interesting to see how the Street community would react to David

But they may not make it public with the street, although most things in soap land do eventually surface.

It's going top be very interesting, whichever angle they use.

Visage
28-06-2010, 12:24 AM
I've gone off Tina a lot for now but I really want to like her again...

I went off her when she started on this hate Gail campaign, she became very much one dimensional.

She's picking up now she's with Graeme, so hopefully the Tina of old will be back on the cobbles