PDA

View Full Version : Florizel Street starring Jessica Wallace, Lynda Baron, Celia Imrie and Jane Horrocks

Scarlett.
28-06-2010, 09:58 PM
BBC Four has announced an all-star cast for its Coronation Street 'origins' drama.

EastEnders returnee Jessie Wallace takes on the role of Pat Phoenix, who became tart-with-a-heart Elsie Tanner, while Open All Hours star Lynda Baron will play Violet Carson, who landed the role of harridan-in-a-hairnet Ena Sharples.

Renowned actress Celia Imrie, meanwhile, has signed to appear as Annie Walker performer Doris Speed and William Roache's real-life son James will portray a younger version of his father.

The one-off drama is to tell the story of how ITV soap Coronation Street was born and how the show's creator Tony Warren - a younger version of whom will be played by David Dawson - brought Salford to life on television screens around the world.

Then-Granada casting director Margaret Morris will be portrayed by Jane Horrocks, and Christian McKay plays Tony Warren's Canadian boss Harry Elton.

Other cast members include John Thomson, Steven Berkoff, Sophia Di Martino, Shaun Dooley, Henry Goodman, Michelle Holmes, Phoebe Nicholls and Tara Moran.

Speaking of the drama, writer Daran Little told DS: "I'm thrilled with the cast. At the read-through, I had goosebumps watching Jessie Wallace playing Pat Phoenix auditioning for the role of Elsie Tanner. It just was just perfection."

Controller of BBC Four Richard Klein said: "It's wonderful to have such an amazing cast to tell the story of how Coronation Street was born. This one-off drama tells the story of how in 1960, British television changed forever.

"BBC Four is the natural home for this story to be told and this one-off drama forms part of the Great Northern season on BBC Four this autumn which celebrates the culture, history, life and architecture of Northern England."

The 75-minute drama began filming on location in Manchester yesterday and is expected to screen in the autumn.

Although originally titled Forizel Street - Warren's working title for Corrie - the BBC Four show has yet to be officially named.

Digital Spy

Scarlett.
28-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Casting will be announced at midnight, Kris Green reveals :D

Visage
28-06-2010, 11:21 PM
*sits and waits*

:dance:

Scarlett.
28-06-2010, 11:25 PM
bump

Visage
28-06-2010, 11:55 PM
bump

Ouch!
Did you have to be so forceful then?

I was sat there all nice and patient, then you went and hit me with that!!:hugesmile:

Scarlett.
28-06-2010, 11:56 PM
lol I edited the first post with the news xD

I love the sound of the cast, James Roache as Ken Barlow eh? xD

Smithy
29-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Does anyone else find it slightly odd that the BBC is making this documentary :p

Scarlett.
29-06-2010, 05:55 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ieqsyxnYlNo/TCmxt90didI/AAAAAAAAKu0/O3w5qgRrIS0/s400/casting.jpg