PDA

View Full Version : New Hollyoaks character and storyline announced!

bbfan1991
29-06-2010, 05:12 PM
http://www.e4.com/media/5JXF5vCCU9YxzgS3pWy7dH.jpg

There’s a new family set to rock Hollyoaks village this summer – The Costellos. Hollyoaks will once again prove that it isn’t afraid to tackle hard-hitting storylines as one of the Costellos faces the difficulty of living with Gender Identity Disorder (GID).

Unsure what GID is? We were too! Then we got this definition, "Gender Identity Disorder is where a person is born one sex but desperately feels that they are the other."

Anyways, back to the ‘Oaks… When Jasmine Costello (Victoria Atkin) arrives in the village, fresh from American Summer Camp, mum Heidi (Kim Tiddy) and over-protective dad Carl (Paul Opacic) are glad to have their little princess home. Jasmine is the Costello’s youngest daughter and is mollycoddled and spoilt by her controlling Dad and overbearing Mum. It soon becomes apparent that Jasmine is hiding a huge identity secret when she reveals a double life as Jasmine and Jason, her male alter-ego.

As Jasmine battles the trauma, disgust and frustration of living her life as a girl, with the guilt, fear and uncertainty of her second life dressed as a boy, Jasmine is forced on a journey of self-discovery as she realises the pressures and pain of living with GID and the effect the condition will have on her family, friends and peers.

Hollyoaks Series Producer, Paul Marquess said: "I am proud that Hollyoaks is able to tackle the issue of GID and the effect the condition has on the families. Around one in 4,000 people in Britain are receiving medical help for Gender Dysphoria and if we can bring the issue to the forefront to help more young people identify and talk about the condition, then I believe that can only be a positive thing."

Ooh this sounds so good:).

Tom4784
29-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Sounds quite interesting, let's hope she's got the acting chops to make it compelling.

bbfan1991
29-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Sounds quite interesting, let's hope she's got the acting chops to make it compelling.

I hope so too, and she'll have to with Paul Marquess in charge because he wouldn't be afraid to recast if he wasn't impressed:shocked:.

Scarlett.
29-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Sounds an interesting character :)

bbfan1991
29-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Sounds an interesting character :)

I'm so looking forward to the Later episodes:D.

sophie:)
29-06-2010, 07:31 PM
this sounds good when is this storyline starting?

Visage
30-06-2010, 12:29 AM
This looks awesome, I'm so excited about all these changes Hollyoaks is making.

Jords
01-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Im loving the sound of this, would actually mistake her as a lad in the left pic.