PDA

View Full Version : Masie Wylde leaving Emmerdale

Scarlett.
30-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Emmerdale actress Alice Coulthard has announced that she is quitting the soap to pursue new projects.

The 26-year-old, who plays Maisie Wylde on the Yorkshire-based drama, will reportedly concentrate on finding work in her home city of London after she films her final scenes.

Speaking to the Daily Star, Coulthard explained: "After two amazing years, I've decided to leave Emmerdale. I've had a wonderful time and will miss working with such a hard-working and talented team of people.

"I feel privileged to have been involved in some of the show's most gripping storylines and I'm excited to be a part of the drama that is about to unfold for the Wyldes."

Firm details of how Maisie will bow out are currently being kept under wraps by Emmerdale bosses.

However, the soap's series producer Gavin Blyth teased: "Maisie Wylde's compelling story will take more twists and turns in the coming months as she delves into darker territory which will culminate in her exit from the show. Alice has been a real asset to Emmerdale and we'll be sad to see her go."

Viewers saw Maisie suffer a breakdown earlier this year as she dealt with the shocking revelation that then-boyfriend Ryan Lamb (James Sutton) is her half-brother. She later spent time in a clinic in a bid to get her life back on track.

Digital Spy

Visage
30-06-2010, 10:45 AM
For some bizarre reason, I thought the thread title said Mark was leaving.

I thought I had slipped back in time for a moment.

Scarlett.
30-06-2010, 10:46 AM
lmao xD I wonder how she leaves?

DrunkerThanMoses
30-06-2010, 10:50 AM
:( I dont mind her, maybe natasha will kill them all off one by one.

bbfan1991
30-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Thats a shame:(.. I wish her well, rumours are that Amanda Donohoe might be leaving too which I hope isn't true because I really like Natasha but if it is then thats the end of the Wyldes...

Smithy
30-06-2010, 03:11 PM

I was thinking that too :L

Scarlett.
30-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Apparently GB axed her

bbfan1991
30-06-2010, 03:14 PM
I was thinking that too :L

No I can see Mark's body being found, then Maisie discovers somehow that Natasha killed him and Nathan covered it up and due to her breakdown after the Ryan thing I can see her topping herself:shocked::(.

Stacey.
30-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Haven't watched Emmerdale for ages like, but I'm not going back to it if she's leaving for sure.

Callum
30-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Not really a big loss but her teeth always annoyed me. Hope Natasha stays.

Visage
30-06-2010, 11:33 PM

What about Carl killing her off, he hasn't killed anyone for ages,

I'm not too fussed by her departure, but I will be really disappointed if Natasha was to leave the show.

DrunkerThanMoses
30-06-2010, 11:44 PM
What about Carl killing her off, he hasn't killed anyone for ages,

I'm not too fussed by her departure, but I will be really disappointed if Natasha was to leave the show.

Carl and Natasha will become the bonnie and clyde of the dales.... :dance:

flamingGalah!
01-07-2010, 12:48 AM
No great loss, though I do think Amanda will be off soon too...

Scarlett.
01-07-2010, 01:16 AM
The Wyldes still feel like a poor replacement for the Kings imo, they should be put back into Home Farm xD

and I agree, I can see Natasha leaving either this year or early next

Kerry
01-07-2010, 02:26 AM
I don't like Maisie but I can see an explosive exit for them all. Nathan/Natasha and she

Miss Ivy Balls
01-07-2010, 06:57 AM
I loved Amanda in Bad Girls.

I think Nathan will kill Masie.

Smithy
08-07-2010, 11:23 AM
I think...

She goes down for her dads murder

Scarlett.
08-07-2010, 11:24 AM
:shocked:

Smithy
08-07-2010, 11:25 AM
The Gavin guy was on this morning then and he said.....

That someone goes down for it, so it kinda makes sense that it's her