PDA

View Full Version : Digital Spy's Kris Green joins Eastenders production team!

bbfan1991
30-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Digital Spy soaps editor Kris Green is to join the production team of EastEnders next month.

Kris, who has been with DS for more than seven years, will work as part of a new team of storyliners at the soap. The role will see Kris help develop future story arcs, in addition to storylining specific episodes.

Bryan Kirkwood, EastEnders executive producer, said of Kris's appointment: "If anyone knows what it takes to make a good soap storyline, it's Kris Green. He has been the audience's representative on Digital Spy for the last 7 years, so it's a real coup to have him on board the EastEnders storylining team. I'm really looking forward to working with him."

Neil Wilkes, Editor of Digital Spy, said: "I am terribly sad to see Kris leave us after all this time but couldn't be happier for him in landing this new role. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank him publicly for being an instrumental part of developing not only our soaps offering but also the shape of DS at large over the last decade. He's going to be an amazing addition to the 'Enders team - and if he has any sense, his first order of business will be to lobby for the return of Dr. Legg."

Kris said: "The past seven years with Digital Spy have been nothing short of incredible. It's been a privilege to work alongside such a hardworking and dedicated group of people who I'm proud to call my friends. In particular, I'd like to thank Neil Wilkes and James Welsh for affording me such a vast opportunity from the outset. I'll miss DS tremendously.

"I'd like to thank press officers, cast members, producers and most importantly readers for their continued support over the years.

"However, I'm so honoured to be joining the story team at EastEnders and to be working alongside some of the greatest minds in continuing drama. EastEnders is a national institution and I can't wait to embark on this exciting new challenge."

Daniel Kilkelly, Digital Spy's longest-serving reporter, will replace Kris as soaps editor from mid-July.

Scarlett.
30-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Crazy! xD

Ruth*Star
30-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Small World lol. I wish him luck.

flamingGalah!
01-07-2010, 12:56 AM
Pah! Most of his "scoops" were put up by Digital Spy members on the soaps forum before he had even scratched his ass in the morning, appearing later on their news pages as an "exclusive"...

Scarlett.
01-07-2010, 01:15 AM
lol thats true, the forum usually got the news before him xD

Visage
01-07-2010, 07:09 AM
I wonder if he will give some real Eastenders spoilers before they are released to the general public.

Scarlett.
01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
lol no, he wont be allowed :p