PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother 2011 open audition details confirmed

Matt
18-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Channel 5 has confirmed that open auditions for Big Brother 2011 will take place at:

Old Trafford Stadium, Manchester
10th & 11th June

Emirates Stadium, London
18th & 19th June

More information: https://www.bigbrotherauditions.com/news/open-auditions

Meanwhile, The Daily Star's golden ticket competition will launch this Saturday

Jords
18-05-2011, 11:30 PM
w00p

Jordan.
18-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Who's idea was it to use black text on a black background...

Beastie
19-05-2011, 12:41 AM
I am not at work Friday 10th June.. I could go! :hugesmile:

Doubt it though. I will be too.. CHICKEN.

To the ones who applied online. Including myself. Watch out for emails or phone calls. You could be asked to jump to round 2 if they are impressed with your online application! :)

InOne
19-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Cheeky trip to Manchester

King Gizzard
19-05-2011, 12:46 AM
I said in another thread but no one replied, havn't been up to date with BB, I thought August BB was going to be celebrities?

Benjamin
19-05-2011, 12:48 AM
So you either have to travel to London or Manchester? What about everyone in Scotland, Wales and the South West of England?

Beastie
19-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Cheeky trip to Manchester

;)

Doors open at 8:30am. And close at 6pm. People are usually queueing from 6am.

I reckon if you are there at 5pm you could still get in?? Or not. Mmm.. there will be plenty of queues. Only way to avoid them is arriving no later than 6am :S

I remember last year.. at about 1pm it kind of settled down in the queing. I reckon a lot more people will be going to London though.

I am also shocked they are only doing auditions at Manchester and London!! They should have spread it out a bit.

If you are even doubting about auditioning.. GO!! Yes.. it's a long day but worth it. lol

You should at least take a bit of food and drink in your bag. I got hungry. lol

Also.. TAKE PHOTO ID!!

Beastie
19-05-2011, 12:50 AM
I said in another thread but no one replied, havn't been up to date with BB, I thought August BB was going to be celebrities?

It is. With a "normal" BB straight after in September! :)

King Gizzard
19-05-2011, 12:52 AM
:S straight after like BB11 then Ultimate BB?

Beastie
19-05-2011, 12:53 AM
:S straight after like BB11 then Ultimate BB?

Yes.

King Gizzard
19-05-2011, 12:54 AM
I see, thanks Beast :)

Beastie
19-05-2011, 12:55 AM
I see, thanks Beast :)

No probs Nate Dawg :cool:

Jords
19-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Apply Apply Apply guys!!!!!

Even if youre a twat Ill vote for you to win because youre a TiBB member :D

Jords
Unless youre Daniel Lewis.

Benjamin
If Channel 5 are lazy enough to only hold 2 audition venues it doesn't boast well for the first series they are doing. :bored:

Beastie
19-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Unless youre Daniel Lewis.

:hugesmile:

Beastie
19-05-2011, 01:07 AM
If Channel 5 are lazy enough to only hold 2 audition venues it doesn't boast well for the first series they are doing. :bored:

They expect the wannabies to travel. A train ticket nowadays costs a bomb though! You may not even guarantee a train ride back home if you stay through all the rides. Probably won't be out until 11pm!!

Might be good to take your car I suppose. I think it's good the auditions are at football stadiums! They are not too central are they? In Manchester last year I was lost and didn't know where the G Mex place was. I went to the place where auditions took place the year before. Met someone there who was auditioning and followed him! lol

InOne
19-05-2011, 01:07 AM
I will if Beast does :bouncy:

Jords
19-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Do itttttttttttttt

Beastie
19-05-2011, 01:10 AM
I will if Beast does :bouncy:

Sure I will meet you there ;) I will be wearing a top hat.

Meet me there on Friday 10th June at 6am outside the auditions. Woo!

Jords
19-05-2011, 01:10 AM
-bet it doesnt happen-

:joker:

InOne
19-05-2011, 01:11 AM
wurk

Benjamin
19-05-2011, 01:12 AM
They expect the wannabies to travel. A train ticket nowadays costs a bomb though! You may not even guarantee a train ride back home if you stay through all the rides. Probably won't be out until 11pm!!

Might be good to take your car I suppose. I think it's good the auditions are at football stadiums! They are not too central are they? In Manchester last year I was lost and didn't know where the G Mex place was. I went to the place where auditions took place the year before. Met someone there who was auditioning and followed him! lol

Travel to either location from the SW is very expensive and the audition process, if successful, will mean several trips to and from over a course of a few weeks. I'm willing to travel but that will be too expensive for me and I'm sure a lot of others from down these parts.

Beastie
19-05-2011, 01:12 AM
wurk

Work? But I work on the Saturday? I can only do Friday's... Daaaamn.

InOne
19-05-2011, 01:14 AM
Work? But I work on the Saturday? I can only do Friday's... Daaaamn.

I just felt like posting it lol

Beastie
19-05-2011, 01:19 AM
Travel to either location from the SW is very expensive and the audition process, if successful, will mean several trips to and from over a course of a few weeks. I'm willing to travel but that will be too expensive for me and I'm sure a lot of others from down these parts.

Yeah it will be expensive. But it's a risk everyone will have to take. I suppose everyone will be waiting to get a golden ticket from the paper. However it will be like BB7. About 20 people get the golden ticket. (They won't have to do as many trips like the auditionees) and then on a night they are all in the crowd.. but the BB producers will just pick the best one anyway. Personally the 20 should be put up online. And the public pick like 1, 2, or 3 of them to go in!!

You could get a callback.. where you will jump to the 2nd round :D and avoid a bit of queing. 3/4 hours of average queing infact.. just to get through the 1st round to the 2nd! :nono:

Benjamin
19-05-2011, 01:21 AM
Yeah it will be expensive. But it's a risk everyone will have to take. I suppose everyone will be waiting to get a golden ticket from the paper. However it will be like BB7. About 20 people get the golden ticket. (They won't have to do as many trips like the auditionees) and then on a night they are all in the crowd.. but the BB producers will just pick the best one anyway. Personally the 20 should be put up online. And the public pick like 1, 2, or 3 of them to go in!!

You could get a callback.. where you will jump to the 2nd round :D and avoid a bit of queing. 3/4 hours of average queing infact.. just to get through the 1st round to the 2nd! :nono:

I'm not taking that risk. I cannot afford to. I'm a fan of BB but I'm not that desperate to go for it. I imagine those that are desperate though will be travelling the journey. Wonderful, a house full of absolutely desperate people, a nice refreshing change to BB.

Beastie
19-05-2011, 01:32 AM
I'm not taking that risk. I cannot afford to. I'm a fan of BB but I'm not that desperate to go for it. I imagine those that are desperate though will be travelling the journey. Wonderful, a house full of absolutely desperate people, a nice refreshing change to BB.

You will have to bag yourself a "golden ticket" :hugesmile:

The lazy sods.. well the ones not as sad.. will be buying multiple copies of the daily star to try and get.. THEIR TICKET! :hugesmile:

Beastie
19-05-2011, 01:33 AM
To be fair.. I would love to get a golden ticket. Not sure if I would use it. I would probably post it to someone on here.

Benjamin
19-05-2011, 01:34 AM
You will have to bag yourself a "golden ticket" :hugesmile:

The lazy sods.. well the ones not as sad.. will be buying multiple copies of the daily star to try and get.. THEIR TICKET! :hugesmile:

To be honest it's made me lose any momentum to even watch BB. If they can't be bothered to hold more than 2 venues then it limits the type of people that will audition.

Beastie
19-05-2011, 01:36 AM
To be honest it's made me lose any momentum to even watch BB. If they can't be bothered to hold more than 2 venues then it limits the type of people that will audition.

Aww Ben. I will still be watching. You never know what the final pick of the crop will be. BB also has a small time scale to do all the auditions.

People who live in Ireland.. will have to get a boat/flight to us in order to audition! :shocked:

_Seth
19-05-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm with ukturtle. This is pathetic. They should be holding auditions in Wales and Scotland.

But I do understand that their budget is extremely tight and they've deemed that it's worth the risk.

Beastie
19-05-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm with ukturtle. This is pathetic. They should be holding auditions in Wales and Scotland.

But I do understand that their budget is extremely tight and they've deemed that it's worth the risk.

Ey. Especially with 500 grand at stake this time round.

I hope they stick to the 500 grand cheque. Have a feeling they may go back on their word and the prize money will be 100 grand.

I think if it is 500 grand there has got to be game playing involved. Or if they lose a task then the money goes down? I hope none of them give up and then the whole of the money goes down and that's it! They should'nt give up if they are provided booze, food and parties!

james130
19-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Yay me and my mate got ours today.
Going down London togehter!

matty0boy
19-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Planning my trip to Manchester as i speak :)