PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing 2011 return details confirmed

Callum
01-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Strictly Come Dancing will kick off its ninth series with a double bill at the end of September, the BBC has announced.

Following on from the successful introduction of a launch show last year, the new bunch of celebrities will be introduced to viewers in early September.

Bruce Forsyth and Tess Daly will host the special red carpet event, which will be recorded on the afternoon of September 7.

The first live shows will then take place on Friday, September 30 and Saturday, October 1. Following the double bill, the live shows will then continue on a weekly basis.

The BBC has also confirmed that the show will be broadcast from Wembley Arena on November 19. Details on how fans can buy tickets to the special episode, in aid of Children In Need, will be announced soon.

The series will conclude with the live final on December 17, which, for the first time, will be staged in Blackpool's Tower Ballroom.

Seems like they are taking a leaf out of XF's book by holding one the live shows in Wembley Arena

Jack_
01-08-2011, 08:12 PM
No X Factor live show has ever been broadcast from Wembley Arena. Unless you're referring to Bootcamp?

Joelle.
01-08-2011, 08:15 PM
No X Factor live show has ever been broadcast from Wembley Arena. Unless you're referring to Bootcamp?

I think this years final may me held from Wembley Arena, according to Wikipedia.

Callum
01-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Jack_ this year's XF final is being broadcast from Wembley Arena. :)

Jack_
01-08-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm sure that's reported every year though, and every year it never happens :suspect:

Callum
01-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Not confirmed but Simon usually gets what he wants :laugh:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a327176/simon-cowell-orders-x-factor-final-wembley-arena-move.html