PDA

View Full Version : Live Feed Ruled Out For public Big Brother

JohnnyBB
24-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Did anyone eles know theres no live feed for the normal show, its sad really i cant see the numbers being big for it, i cant see it lasting too :(

Vicky.
24-08-2011, 05:03 PM
:bored:

Jordan.
24-08-2011, 05:04 PM
where was it confirmed?

Iceman
24-08-2011, 05:05 PM
:o but there was petitions and everything.

Novo
24-08-2011, 05:06 PM
I can see it going under 1 Million

Ryan.
I would request a source before you send this entire forum into a massive pool of depression.

Vicky.
I would think many will turn off if this is the case :S

Josy
24-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Were was it confirmed?

bbfan1991
24-08-2011, 05:08 PM
I haven't seen any article about it? Perhaps they are waiting till after CBB to announce it or will do LF on the basis that you pay like some did for BB11.

RichardG
24-08-2011, 05:10 PM
I assumed this after they released the statement for CBB saying that the public don't have time for live feed anymore and that social networking is the way forward.

Iceman
24-08-2011, 05:10 PM
I would request a source before you send this entire forum into a massive pool of depression.

As if the forum arent like that already.....:joker:

CharlieO
24-08-2011, 05:16 PM
If they don't bring it back I don't think I will bother with it really.

JohnnyBB
24-08-2011, 05:21 PM
right this twtter live feed campgn are saying channel 5 have no plans for normal bb live feed but i have no source for a direct comment from channel 5 http://twitter.com/#!/BBLiveFeedNow

fingers
24-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I assumed this after they released the statement for CBB saying that the public don't have time for live feed anymore and that social networking is the way forward.

It might be the way forward in the minds of Ch5 execs. It is probably the end of the line for BB on Ch5:shocked:

Jarrod
24-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Don't believe anything until we hear it from Big C5... :idc:

Stu
24-08-2011, 05:26 PM
No official source?

Okay then.

*leaves thread*

Kate!
24-08-2011, 05:27 PM
What Stu said

- leaves -

CharlieO
24-08-2011, 05:28 PM
After all this complaining they have had it would be ludicrous for them not too.

They could have had no plans too but if they don't change their plans they will have shot themselves in the foot.

fingers
24-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Ch5 know best what their viewers want and it aint LiveFeed!!! Clever bastards, how did they ever aspire to positions of power?

:elephant:Oh, I know they bought the Channel then they bought the rights to the program - screw the audience, they'll watch what we show them regardless!!!:joker:

BigBrotherfan4ever
24-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Someone posted this on DS

Confirmed by C5 employee that there's definitely no LF for BB12. Don't know if they've made that public yet. But it's a fact.

Ramsay
24-08-2011, 07:07 PM
After all this complaining they have had it would be ludicrous for them not too.

They could have had no plans too but if they don't change their plans they will have shot themselves in the foot.

Aye

starry
24-08-2011, 07:09 PM
No official source?

Okay then.

*leaves thread*

I know lol. This is the typical thread you get on Big Brother forums to get attention.:sleep:

fingers
24-08-2011, 07:11 PM
Someone posted this on DS

Confirmed by C5 employee that there's definitely no LF for BB12. Don't know if they've made that public yet. But it's a fact.

That is NOT going to be acceptable! not until CH5 confirm it, and do you think that they'll confirm it before the start - will they hell!:hugesmile:

ram513
24-08-2011, 07:12 PM
What Stu and Kate did! :hmph:

Blog Rider
24-08-2011, 09:10 PM
0 viewers if there is no LF for bb12, Because there is better stuff on that timeslot in the winter :)

g17m
24-08-2011, 09:13 PM
im 99% sure live feed will be on www.bigbrother.com why else would endemol take down a worldwide bb site and replace it for a UK only one and not have something good on it worth going on the site for?

fingers
24-08-2011, 09:19 PM
im 99% sure live feed will be on www.bigbrother.com why else would endemol take down a worldwide bb site and replace it for a UK only one and not have something good on it worth going on the site for?

OK, if Endemol go it alone, what happens with the Ch5 Social Media crap?:hugesmile:

Glenn.
24-08-2011, 09:41 PM
I think the live feed will return for the normal series if Channel 5 will gain something. It will be like last years online.

Not only does it give the fans their dummies back but also makes them a nice little earner at the same time.

starry
25-08-2011, 07:16 AM
The fact that they make the same stupid mistake as CH4 did is pretty pathetic really.

And I don't know why this thread hasn't been locked, those with deceiving titles should be.

billy123
25-08-2011, 05:31 PM
There was a guest on big brothers bit on the radio last night that said he rang channel 5 and spoke to someone there that explained that there was no chance of the live feed returning this year and that it wasnt to do with money or the lack of interest in it rather that they wanted the chance to take the show in different direction.
And live feed isnt part of that. :(

fingers
25-08-2011, 06:31 PM
There was a guest on big brothers bit on the radio last night that said he rang channel 5 and spoke to someone there that explained that there was no chance of the live feed returning this year and that it wasnt to do with money or the lack of interest in it rather that they wanted the chance to take the show in different direction.
And live feed isnt part of that. :(

What direction would that be? If the fans of the show don't get what they want they'll have no audience - No audience equals no advertisers. But what do we know? The fat cats at Ch5 know best.:conf:

Vicky.
25-08-2011, 06:47 PM
What direction would that be? If the fans of the show don't get what they want they'll have no audience - No audience equals no advertisers. But what do we know? The fat cats at Ch5 know best.:conf:

I dont know, makes no sense to me.

They want to turn it into TOWIE. But doesnt TOWIE only get like 1m viewers or something? I dont watch it myself, but Im sure I have seen figures of around 1m thrown round...though I may be wrong.

Why would they want that...when actual BB gets more than that :conf:

Red Moon
25-08-2011, 07:03 PM
I know the people on the forum want it but clearly the channel can't afford the expense or thinks the public don't want it. I think it is the former.

There are around 2.5 million viewers and 0.065 million people on the site assuming everyone one is a BB fan we are still less than 3% of the viewing public. They aren't going to listen to us unless they can provide the feed easily. We won't bring in that much income and the take up rate even of TiBB remembership would in the region of 10% and that estimate I feel is high.

I suspect they don't have the computing and network infrastructure in place themselves to allow them to have a live feed. Looking at their demand service that is contracted outside channel 5 itself I guess for similar reasons. Then you have to allow for the additional cost of staffing the feed and providing the censorship which was present on the channel 4 feed. At the moment they don't have to pay staff to do that job.

There is a point at which the live feed is not cost effective and that is the point we are sadly at. By providing the feed they simply be eating into the profits from the show making it more likely that the show will come to an end after the contract with channel 5 comes to an end. Something none of us want.

Red Moon
25-08-2011, 07:10 PM
If the fans of the show don't get what they want they'll have no audience - No audience equals no advertisers. But what do we know? The fat cats at Ch5 know best.:conf:

The people on TiBB are the big fans of the show. The ones that watch it day in and day and read all they can about the show. We are hardly the run of the mill people that watch the show day in and day out. If every viewer was like the people on here the membership numbers would be in the millions and not tens of thousands.

The average BB viewer isn't going to turn off because there is no live feed. The big cats at channel 5 no that.

Lets be honest if we did have that power and it resulted in a power struggle, who in the end wins? Channel 5, they would just pull the show and that would be the end of BB forever. Nobody else would touch the show and the fans would lose. There wouldn't be a programme to watch.

fingers
25-08-2011, 09:12 PM
They might just end up HAVING to pull the show!

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182857

Lostie!
28-08-2011, 12:03 AM
It would be very stupid of Channel 5 to completely ignore the viewers for the longer, regular run.