PDA

View Full Version : What will the Twist be on Launch night for Normal BB?

001steven
01-09-2011, 01:31 AM
I have Been hearing that there will a big twist on the Launch of Normal BB...does anyone have anymore info on this ?

I really hope its something great and nothing lame.:dance:

Josy
01-09-2011, 01:34 AM
I haven't heard anything about a twist.

ILoveTRW
01-09-2011, 01:36 AM
the twist is a mole

lostalex
01-09-2011, 02:12 AM
i think it might be something to do with couples. Since BBusa has done so many twists involving couples, and C5 has been using so many BBUS ideas lately, that's my best guess.

I hope there is no twist though. I hope it's just a proper BBUK.

Colbert-Bump
01-09-2011, 02:29 AM
Calling someone to the diary room after the launch is way too obvious, let's hope they have a few new tricks for BB12.

Kerry
01-09-2011, 02:34 AM
I haven't heard anything about a twist.

Me either

Maybe that's the twist :laugh:

Omah
01-09-2011, 02:39 AM
Who wants one ?

I don't ..... :nono:

JohnG22
01-09-2011, 09:44 PM
I'd like a twist myself, just as long as it was original.

Jords
01-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Twists keep the show spiced up.

Omah
01-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Invariably, twists are ill-conceived and poorly implemented, serving only to interrupt the natural flow of human dynamics within the house - increasingly, ever since Cameron got his "lucky" trip to Africa, they have been used by producers to serve the interests of the "chosen ones" ..... :rolleyes:

Mac Hiavellian
01-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Who wants one ?

I don't ..... :nono:

Why not? It's tradition to have a first night twist for regular BB.

Omah
01-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Why not? It's tradition to have a first night twist for regular BB.

What were they ?

:conf:

Mac Hiavellian
01-09-2011, 10:54 PM
What were they ?

BB1: the only regular series not to have a first night twist.
BB2: viewers vote out of 3 potential new HMs which 1 they want to enter the house. Josh was eventually chosen.
BB3: all HMs automatically faced eviction, the 2 HMs with the most votes from the public then faced the decision from the rest of the house the next Friday. Lynne and Jade recieved the most public votes and the HMs decided to evict Lynne over Jade.
BB4: the HMs had to nominate on the firts night based on first impressions. Each HM nominated 1 other HM and that HM automatically faced eviction. Anouska, Jon, Scott and Federico were up.
BB5: (technically second night twist) the HMs had to nominate which of their fellow HMs would nto recieve their suitcase throughout their entire duration in the house. Kitten recieved the most votes.
BB6: 13 HMs entered the house and the first person to enter the DR (Makosi) would become the 'unlucky thirteenth HM' who was instructed to deliberately stir trouble in order to recieve the most nominations from their fellow HMs. If they failed they would automatically face eviction, if they passed they would pick the 2 actual nominees. Makosi passed.
BB7: the Big Brotherhood started. HMs had to compete in tasks and nominate other hosuemates to enter the Big Brotherhood otherwise the final 3 non-members would face eviction and and not recieve their suticases until further notice. The 3 HMs were Dawn, Glyn and Bonnie but Dawn was ejected for rulebreaking so the vote was down to Glyn and Bonnie. Bonnie was evicted and Glyn didn't recieve his suitcase for a number of weeks.
BB8: all 11 HMs were female and Davina revealed the first male HM would enter in 2 days time.
BB9: Mario and Lisa entered as a secret real-life couple and with the help of Luke and Steph they had to convince the other Hms Mario was in fact in a relationship with Steph. If they passed all the other HMs would face eviction, if they failed the 4 of them would. They failed and Steph ended up as the first evictee.
BB10: All 16 people to enter the house were non-housemates and thus weren't entitled to their suitcases or any other rooms in the house unless they earned their HM status to competing in tasks. The 5 or 6 (can't remember) people to still not be considered a HM faced the public vote. Beinazir was the first person to be evicted on Day 4 and didn't even have the privelege of a HM interview with Davina.
BB11: Davina picked the 14th and final HM to enter via a tombola. Mario was picked and had to serve as a mole for BB and the Tree of Temptation. He had to ensure in a few days time the other HMs didn't suspect he was a mole otherwise he'd be evicted however BB made his task difficult by makign him wear a mole costume

Omah
01-09-2011, 11:51 PM
BB1: the only regular series not to have a first night twist.
BB2: viewers vote out of 3 potential new HMs which 1 they want to enter the house. Josh was eventually chosen.
BB3: all HMs automatically faced eviction, the 2 HMs with the most votes from the public then faced the decision from the rest of the house the next Friday. Lynne and Jade recieved the most public votes and the HMs decided to evict Lynne over Jade.
BB4: the HMs had to nominate on the firts night based on first impressions. Each HM nominated 1 other HM and that HM automatically faced eviction. Anouska, Jon, Scott and Federico were up.
BB5: (technically second night twist) the HMs had to nominate which of their fellow HMs would nto recieve their suitcase throughout their entire duration in the house. Kitten recieved the most votes.
BB6: 13 HMs entered the house and the first person to enter the DR (Makosi) would become the 'unlucky thirteenth HM' who was instructed to deliberately stir trouble in order to recieve the most nominations from their fellow HMs. If they failed they would automatically face eviction, if they passed they would pick the 2 actual nominees. Makosi passed.
BB7: the Big Brotherhood started. HMs had to compete in tasks and nominate other hosuemates to enter the Big Brotherhood otherwise the final 3 non-members would face eviction and and not recieve their suticases until further notice. The 3 HMs were Dawn, Glyn and Bonnie but Dawn was ejected for rulebreaking so the vote was down to Glyn and Bonnie. Bonnie was evicted and Glyn didn't recieve his suitcase for a number of weeks.
BB8: all 11 HMs were female and Davina revealed the first male HM would enter in 2 days time.
BB9: Mario and Lisa entered as a secret real-life couple and with the help of Luke and Steph they had to convince the other Hms Mario was in fact in a relationship with Steph. If they passed all the other HMs would face eviction, if they failed the 4 of them would. They failed and Steph ended up as the first evictee.
BB10: All 16 people to enter the house were non-housemates and thus weren't entitled to their suitcases or any other rooms in the house unless they earned their HM status to competing in tasks. The 5 or 6 (can't remember) people to still not be considered a HM faced the public vote. Beinazir was the first person to be evicted on Day 4 and didn't even have the privelege of a HM interview with Davina.
BB11: Davina picked the 14th and final HM to enter via a tombola. Mario was picked and had to serve as a mole for BB and the Tree of Temptation. He had to ensure in a few days time the other HMs didn't suspect he was a mole otherwise he'd be evicted however BB made his task difficult by makign him wear a mole costume

Thanks - you know your stuff ..... :thumbs:

:)

joeysteele
01-09-2011, 11:56 PM
I didn't know there would be one but will be hoping for a good one if there is.

Omah,very impressed with your fast breakdown on past BBs, really interesting reading.

Omah
02-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Omah,very impressed with your fast breakdown on past BBs, really interesting reading.

Not mine ..... :nono:

See here

;)

reece(:
02-09-2011, 12:03 AM
being paired as couples sounds good actually although it would be copying the usas twist

Patrick
02-09-2011, 01:45 AM
No BBUSA Twists. :idc:

Americans copy us, we don't copy them - that's how it works.

Anyways, it should be good Brian said so but then again this is the guy who thinks his past few live shows have 'went really well' when he's actually been a fail of a presenter so who knows..

Patrick
02-09-2011, 01:53 AM
What were they ?

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/jordannn__/Cher%20Lloyd%20GIF/oie_30195858et4MJ2Ke.gif

Omah
02-09-2011, 03:46 AM
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/jordannn__/Cher%20Lloyd%20GIF/oie_30195858et4MJ2Ke.gif

Means nothing to me ..... :puzzled:

Mac Hiavellian
02-09-2011, 06:31 AM
Thanks - you know your stuff ..... :thumbs:

:)

Ta lol. Going back to your earlier post...

Invariably, twists are ill-conceived and poorly implemented, serving only to interrupt the natural flow of human dynamics within the house - increasingly, ever since Cameron got his "lucky" trip to Africa, they have been used by producers to serve the interests of the "chosen ones" ..... :rolleyes:

Are there any of those first night twists you like? And out of interest, are there any there you think stand out as being ill-concieved, poorly implemented etc.?

rk3388
02-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Americans copy us, we don't copy them - that's how it works.

acually, no. big brother usa was based off of the original netherlands series and was
premiered before bbuk started. also after the first season they did there unique thing which so many other bbs copied. bbuk copies bbus so much now!
save and replace- crappy veto
Wall of all housemates pictures - crappy version of memory wall in bbus
Hoh in bb9- crappy version of hoh
editing with music and effects- CHEAP TACKY crappy version of bbus editing
nuff said.

Kate!
02-09-2011, 10:21 AM

Are there any of those first night twists you like? And out of interest, are there any there you think stand out as being ill-concieved, poorly implemented etc.?

I liked the Twist for BB3, would like to see that done again. Glad the housemates saved Jade over Lynne as a result though, Lynne was horrible. Wasn't particularly impressed with BB4's Twist though, as it resulted in Anouska leaving, who I thought would have made a great housemate. Federico, although I didn't really like him, also went too soon. Then it became a snoozefest.

Omah
02-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Are there any of those first night twists you like?

No .....

And out of interest, are there any there you think stand out as being ill-concieved, poorly implemented etc.?

Yes .....

BB11-3 - I can't remember .....

BB4: the HMs had to nominate on the firts night based on first impressions. Each HM nominated 1 other HM and that HM automatically faced eviction. Anouska, Jon, Scott and Federico were up. .....

Dreadful idea to lose an HM so soon, especially Anouska, who was nominated because she was young, excited and loud - the first step on "Fun-Sucker" Stout's path to glory .....

The so-called "Kitten" was no loss, but to deprive specific entering HMs of their suitcase/clothes seems unnecessarily cruel (not that I care about HMs at that point, but it places them at a disadvantage from which many do not recover) .....

Makosi looked gorgeous on her entrance and this "twist" gave her a (planned?) chance to shine but it soon became apparent that she was naturally a devious bitch who would lie as soon as breathe - some viewers loved her because of it -I didn't (it turned out to be a "nasty" series anyway) .....

See BB5

Just pointless, IMO .....

See BB4 .....

Instead of the lovely Steph we had the appalling M&L .....

BB10-11 - I'd started to lose interest in the HMs by then .....

karl100589
02-09-2011, 12:40 PM
One Idea that I have in mind (stolen from BBUS)

Britain's Player, one contestant on launch night enters the diary room, inside they are told that they are no longer playing the game for themselves but instead for the British public. Every day an online vote will appear on the website giving Britain's player some sort of mission, with the public voting for which option they wish to take, these could be things like 'What Catchphrase should BP start?', 'Who should BP start an argument with in the house?' and most importantly 'Which two contestants should BP attempt to get nominated?'

For every task that BP does sucessfully he wins a cash amount (lets £1000 each).

001steven
02-09-2011, 06:21 PM
The BB US Twists are always brilliant so if they did do the Couple Twist i think it would be brilliant. I like the idea of Britains Players would defo spice things up.

imo i would like the the US format added:

Couple Twist
Head of Household competition on Launch Night.
Then we are introduced to Britains player.

That would certainly keep me hooked on BB 12 :)

Doogle
02-09-2011, 06:32 PM
None of this ****, it's BBUK. It's good on BBUs but I'd much rather watch them talk and all just be in there doing simpler tasks for food, and arguments and enemies and friendships building over the weeks.

Valdora
03-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Yeah I'd like to see a real mole that is allowed to stir up **** and turn people against each other.

Lostie!
03-09-2011, 11:57 AM
What were they ?

We've had a launch night twist since Big Brother 2.

Omah
03-09-2011, 12:03 PM
We've had a launch night twist since Big Brother 2.

The question has already been answered, in detail (see above) ..... :idc:

001steven
03-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Is it true they have the prize fund at £500,000?

If thats the case thats a good move we will hopefully see more Strategically players :)

swinearefine
04-09-2011, 01:30 AM
BBUS twists have been awful since Grodner took over. Americas player was just an unfair excuse to help the fan favorites and it would be even worse on BBUK because I don't want the HMs acting.. Sort of defeats the purpose of the show. if it was for just a week I would be fine with it though.

I would love if they did project DNA. In BBUS5 two Houseguests were brother and sister who never knew the other existed, and there was a set of twins who had to pretend to be one person for five weeks by secretly swapping places in the dr every few days. It was IMO the best twist in the history of BB.

Mystic Mock
04-09-2011, 01:44 AM
Live Feed or the votes being genuine.

Valdora
04-09-2011, 03:00 PM
I'd love the twist to be we get a scence that lasts for longer than two minuets without cutting to a new one.

001steven
05-09-2011, 11:58 AM
I'd love the twist to be we get a scence that lasts for longer than two minuets without cutting to a new one.

Exactly, i hate when they do that.

I doubt this twist is anything big i mean it seems the biggest 'Twist' in CBB was Kerrys one.