PDA

View Full Version : By attempting to be modern, BB are taking us back to the dark ages

Nikkos
02-09-2011, 06:58 PM
[live feed thread alert]

However you look at it, live feed was a breakthrough for television; one enjoyed by many. By replacing this for social media interaction we are going back to the stodgy dull early-2000 series' which were exciting for their time but this is 2010's!

BB execs, if you want the show to be 'modern' and 'hip', why not have live feed, with FB posts and tweets from fans to run along the bottom. You've got two channels to play with here, C5 and 5*, you've got no excuse and this should be seen as a perfect way to boost C5's history of dismal viewing figures. Everyone has these channels now thanks to the departure of terestrial TV.

We really should organise a mass protest on launch night outside the studios for LF!

CharlieO
02-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Its because they want planned situations. That is it. This just isn't BB anymore, it's entertainment for the sake of entertainment.

Marsh.
02-09-2011, 07:07 PM
It's more akin to a lot of US reality shows. Except the US ones have the sense to state the obvious at the beginning "Some scenes are staged for entertainment purposes".

I think most people knew channel 5 would bring BB further down.

Tom
02-09-2011, 07:21 PM
The issue stems far beyond live feed. BB is a product of its time, with or without they'll never be able to recapture the magic of original few or the expect the unexpected themes from BB5-7

But Channel 5 should be giving this the best shot they can and they're ignoring the basics because they haven't got a clue what they're doing. The highlights shows are overproduced when before it was just chronological clips from throughout the day played out in real time

I don't even think a 24/7 stream is needed but no live feed is a complete joke and makes it like any other weekly reality show but such as Masterchef, Apprentice but with no aim. Theres just no point watching it. Its not as though they have just Channel 5 and 5*, they also have 5*+1, 5USA and 5USA+1. If they don't want to interrupt teleshopping or whatever then why can't they just pull 5*+1 for a few weeks and just have wall to wall BB coverage? It doesn't even need to be all live, could be highlights, OKTV, Emma Willis show repeats

Until BB6 they used to have interactive games and chat over the live feed on E4. I completely agree they should be using Facebook and Twitter on screen. They've used them for years anyway but TV has been revitalised by the sites and the one show that shold have benefitted is BB.

TV has moved on and left Big Brother behind, but the few fans who haven't left BB behind are getting a disservice from Channel 5 if they think a highlights show and spin off is enough. Just look at forum activity outside of 10pm-12am and that says all you need to know

I haven't watched any of this CBB since day 3, maybe I've just moved on from BB because I was getting bored of it anyway, and maybe the changes are good for the viewers who are still here and I'm just too set in my ways and can't accept the new coverage style

CharlieO
02-09-2011, 07:31 PM
The issue stems far beyond live feed. BB is a product of its time, with or without they'll never be able to recapture the magic of original few or the expect the unexpected themes from BB5-7

But Channel 5 should be giving this the best shot they can and they're ignoring the basics because they haven't got a clue what they're doing. The highlights shows are overproduced when before it was just chronological clips from throughout the day played out in real time

I don't even think a 24/7 stream is needed but no live feed is a complete joke and makes it like any other weekly reality show but such as Masterchef, Apprentice but with no aim. Theres just no point watching it. Its not as though they have just Channel 5 and 5*, they also have 5*+1, 5USA and 5USA+1. If they don't want to interrupt teleshopping or whatever then why can't they just pull 5*+1 for a few weeks and just have wall to wall BB coverage? It doesn't even need to be all live, could be highlights, OKTV, Emma Willis show repeats

Until BB6 they used to have interactive games and chat over the live feed on E4. I completely agree they should be using Facebook and Twitter on screen. They've used them for years anyway but TV has been revitalised by the sites and the one show that shold have benefitted is BB.

TV has moved on and left Big Brother behind, but the few fans who haven't left BB behind are getting a disservice from Channel 5 if they think a highlights show and spin off is enough. Just look at forum activity outside of 10pm-12am and that says all you need to know

I haven't watched any of this CBB since day 3, maybe I've just moved on from BB because I was getting bored of it anyway, and maybe the changes are good for the viewers who are still here and I'm just too set in my ways and can't accept the new coverage style

:worship: