PDA

View Full Version : I Dont Want BB12 To Go Ahead..

JohnnyBB
03-09-2011, 04:26 PM
I Never Thought id see myself saying this, but i dont want channel 5 to go ahead with big brother 12, ive got the most strangest feeling that there going to ruin it forever, i know im going to get stick of you lot stop watching and all that but really when you think about it they could ruin this show, its a like a baby you just wan to protect it, the thing that worries me the most is the one thing that jeff ford said, Big Brother Is No Longer A Social Experiment Its An Entertainment Programmee :bawling:

Joe.
03-09-2011, 04:29 PM
I just know that BB12 is going to be EXACTLY like BB11.

Niamh.
03-09-2011, 04:29 PM
all they need to do is bring back l/f, that's all that's wrong with CBB imo

lostalex
03-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Spark! and it;'s like gasoline, and i start purring like a machine.

happybbfan
03-09-2011, 04:31 PM
well the same producers are in charge of BB12 as BB11 so if CBB is anything to go by then it will just carry on from them and bse than BB11 was

Stu
03-09-2011, 04:33 PM
The viewing figures are going to be embarrasing. Even with the celebrity draw and big new channel hype it only managed to pull in the base hardcore audience who watched BB10. A full series of the same style rubbish without the live feed and Channel 5 will manage the unthinkable and actually start to kill off the hardcore numbers.

Niamh.
03-09-2011, 04:35 PM
The viewing figures are going to be embarrasing. Even with the celebrity draw and big new channel hype it only managed to pull in the base hardcore audience who watched BB10. A full series of the same style rubbish without the live feed and Channel 5 will manage the unthinkable and actually start to kill off the hardcore numbers.

Yeah, I don't doubt it. I didn't even watch much l/f but the fact that it existed and some people did was a weird comfort :joker:

RichardG
03-09-2011, 04:39 PM
It's not been a social experiment for years now so that's nothing new. It won't be amazing, no, and one it gets cancelled on Channel 5 (whenever that may be) it won't be back on tv for a loooooooong time, if ever. No other channel was going to pick it up though so i'm just happy C5 did and we get a few extra series.

JohnnyBB
03-09-2011, 04:39 PM

yeah not just that we seem to forget it pulls in these big numbers the 2.0million mark because we are currently in celeb bb mode! i hate to think what raitings will be like in normal bb12 were going to be in are 100k's not millions :shocked:

Maia
03-09-2011, 04:49 PM
I can see BB12 being a BB:CH - a series I watch and enjoy, but a series that no one else bothers watching that ends up being the death of the show. Hope I'm wrong.

Jordan.
03-09-2011, 04:50 PM
The lowest BB rating was in BB10, 1.7M I think its save to say we'll get a new record low this year.

That isn't including the hijack series that no one watched or cared about.

Maia
03-09-2011, 04:55 PM
The lowest BB rating was in BB10, 1.7M I think its save to say we'll get a new record low this year.

That isn't including the hijack series that no one watched or cared about.

:(

It's a shame because the Hijack series was amazing, it deserved a lot more attention than it got.

Jordan.
03-09-2011, 04:58 PM
I didn't watch but I feel like abusing it anyway :hmph:

Maia
03-09-2011, 05:00 PM
I didn't watch but I feel like abusing it anyway :hmph:

:nono: You should've watched it, it was one of the best series there was. There wasn't a single housemate I could bring myself to hate.

Stu
03-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Hijack was good. Not great or particularly exciting but a very old school sort of Big Brother more reliant on social interactions than fights and controversy.

And it did bring us this :

9DU_T1cz_Uc

Valdora
03-09-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm...warry.

But you have to remember that c5 have signed a multi year contract. Channel 4 never backed out of a contract, they just didn't renew it.
In my mind if the figures get lower and lower they will have to back peddle. I think it should be obvious to them now that the "new look" hasn't worked. It hasn't brought in any new fans. When the hardcore viewers start dying off they will panic big time.

I can see next years advertising now. "the REAL Big Brother is back!"

King Gizzard
03-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Don't see how they can bring it back and it to be a success even with LF

How do you follow up a celebrity series with random n00bs? and then have it for 9 week? The casual viewer will just switch off

001steven
03-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Part of me wants BB 12 to fail I just hate C5 cause they have ignored the fans and its pissed me off.

Strictly Jake
07-09-2011, 02:35 PM
I dont think I will be watching. Have watched pretty much none of the celeb one and when I have tried to watch it it doesnt entertain me. So not going to bother watching it now. My Bb days are over weirdly because I used to love it but gone off it. Im too busy to be loyal to the series and watch every episode so its pointless even trying. So the hardcore fans are already switching off. I have. Its all about x factor, strictly and Im a celebrity for me now

Benjamin
07-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Don't see how they can bring it back and it to be a success even with LF

How do you follow up a celebrity series with random n00bs? and then have it for 9 week? The casual viewer will just switch off

You also forget the fact that it was a summer show so in people's minds it is a fun summer show . Sounds ridiculous, but it doesn't have the same appeal during autumn/winter and it's up against loads of competition from X Factor and such.

I have actually watched none of the CBB this year, I think I am well and truly over BB.

arista
09-09-2011, 05:35 PM
I Never Thought id see myself saying this, but i dont want channel 5 to go ahead with big brother 12, ive got the most strangest feeling that there going to ruin it forever, i know im going to get stick of you lot stop watching and all that but really when you think about it they could ruin this show, its a like a baby you just wan to protect it, the thing that worries me the most is the one thing that jeff ford said, Big Brother Is No Longer A Social Experiment Its An Entertainment Programmee :bawling:

It is going ahead

Give it a Chance

J.Ford is one person - How long can he last?