PDA

View Full Version : Why not have Livefeed online?

whowotwhy
09-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Just doesn't make sense that there is no livefeed this year. Ch5 must know how popular it was.
Surely a livefeed on online was also possible and would bring in a bigger audience. I'm not sure how we're expected to to get to know the hm's in edited h/l's.

ButterflyGirl
09-09-2011, 11:16 PM
I agree, around 50 minutes of highlights of 24 hours won't give us any idea of what the hms are really like, be great if everyone that loved BB stopped watching and voting until they give us LF :D

BJ
10-09-2011, 12:44 AM
I watch but don't vote without LF. I was happy to pay for it last year. I wish we had that option

Sophiee
10-09-2011, 12:47 AM
I don't understand why they don't give it us, even if it is to pay.

BJ
10-09-2011, 01:13 AM
I don't understand why they don't give it us, even if it is to pay.

I agree. I think this one may turn out to be worth paying for.

Patrick
10-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Look we had this ******ing debate over and over and over again during Week 1 of CBB8.

'Why no live feed on Channel 5?'
'Why no live feed on 5 Star?'
'Why don't they use a red button?'
'How about they put it online?'

etc etc

They've already said they aren't bringing Live Feed back this series, I'm confident it'll return next year though - they probably don't have time to get it up for BB12 now.

If they don't bring it back next year, everyone should just kick off and star World War 3 because THEN it'll be a complete joke.

whowotwhy
10-09-2011, 02:48 AM
Look we had this ******ing debate over and over and over again during Week 1 of CBB8.

etc etc

They've already said they aren't bringing Live Feed back this series, I'm confident it'll return next year though - they probably don't have time to get it up for BB12 now.

If they don't bring it back next year, everyone should just kick off and star World War 3 because THEN it'll be a complete joke.

Swearing and behaving like a sad Jeremy Kyle guest does not make you right.
Some of us were not on the the forum then. We had lives. :nono:

valliesteve
10-09-2011, 04:13 AM
Doesn't really matter what any one of us or the public in general think. Without LF, they can edit any 24 hours to whatever they want to sway us to think and because we've seen nothing but what they decide to show us in a condensed hour, we won't have a clue as to what else may have happened. Most of the really interesting stuff will disappear on the cutting room floor whilst they steer us to the personalities they think should be popular. Hey ho, it was ever thus, whilever were not allowed to see the real interactions.
Guess Channel 5 didn't know how much time/money they could put into this until they see reaction from their first year. Me, I'm just happy BB is still on air!

billy123
10-09-2011, 05:10 AM

etc etc

If they don't bring it back next year, everyone should just kick off and star World War 3 because THEN it'll be a complete joke.When the bought the series they reported live feed would be back and they lied just putting up with it in the hope it comes back next year is dumb if people dont let them know how they feel why the **** would they want to bring it back???
Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.
The whole thing is pathetic the series doesnt work without live feed and burying your head in the sand and trying to make the most of a crap thing is just cowardly.

whowotwhy
10-09-2011, 11:31 AM
When the bought the series they reported live feed would be back and they lied just putting up with it in the hope it comes back next year is dumb if people dont let them know how they feel why the **** would they want to bring it back???
Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.
The whole thing is pathetic the series doesnt work without live feed and burying your head in the sand and trying to make the most of a crap thing is just cowardly.

Great post :dance:

CaudleHalbard
10-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Twitter is supposed to be the modern equivalent of live feed. Playing devil's advocate for a moment, did live feed ever tell us all we needed to know? Of course it didn't.There were often things going on but they would switch to a view of the diary room door or whatever, and we wouldn't have a clue what was going on.

Similarly they would cut the audio just when a conversation was getting interesting and there'd be no trace of that convo on the highlights show.

So the value of live feed is grossly exaggerated on here. Yes it was a bit better than Twitter but not everyone has time to be glued to a screen 24/7 in the hope something interesting might happen.

Gusto Brunt
11-09-2011, 04:05 PM
I hate to moan about it but the live feed is a bit miss now the 'normal' BB is on. Far too many people to get to know with just 45 minutes a day.

vesavius
11-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Just doesn't make sense that there is no livefeed this year. Ch5 must know how popular it was.
Surely a livefeed on online was also possible and would bring in a bigger audience. I'm not sure how we're expected to to get to know the hm's in edited h/l's.

It does from their point of view I am afraid.

Live Feed forces them to be (more) honest and that gets in the way of them hacking the reality to shreds and restitiching it to make a 'narrative', something they are convinced we all want and that would never happen naturally.

It's tragic tbh, but I enjoy the show too much to not watch it.

I too would pay extra for a online LF.

HBB1508
11-09-2011, 04:12 PM
I just about coped without live feed for CBB as you know something of the personalities or the acts of celebrities, but for a normal BB when these people are strangers it just doesn't work, how can you ever get to know what they are like to form an opinion on them - hence as seen on here people are fairly ambivalent towards them all at the moment.

joeysteele
11-09-2011, 04:12 PM
I thnk something on the lines of live feed or far more coverage of BB on the Channel will come with next years, this year is the Channel 5 experiment,next year they have to get more right.

Those who want live feed though, have to not take no for an answer and persist in regularly e mailling them saying you want it,someone could even start an online petition as to it too, if someone hasn't already.

Persistence can pay off in the end,I do though think they will have something a lot more as to footage for next years BB.

joeysteele
11-09-2011, 04:16 PM
I just about coped without live feed for CBB as you know something of the personalities or the acts of celebrities, but for a normal BB when these people are strangers it just doesn't work, how can you ever get to know what they are like to fom an opinion on them - hence as seen on here people are fairly ambivalent towards them all at the moment.

I totally agree with this, CBB is different, most of us have some idea or good idea of what the celebrities are like anyway.

With 14 people who we have never seen before, just 50 minutes footage of them a day is just impossible to really identify or bond with them.

We will like some more than others but they will always be far more distant than being able to catch up with them on TV, whenever as and when we want to.

fingers
11-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Money talks, and if viewers refused to pay for their premium rate phone calls they might even get the message (It'll never happen though)!

Ratings falling might get advertisers thinking, but again the Clearasil Kids will tune in and pay up without a murmur!:joker: