PDA

View Full Version : Jedward as guest presenters on BBBOTS: Worth a try?

CaudleHalbard
09-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Just when some people breathed a sigh of relief at the thought they wouldn't have to see Jedward again... there they were on BBBOTS, lively as ever... interrupting everyone as usual. Lol.

I got the impression they'll be on the show all week (am I right?). Isn't that great! :dance::dance:

:joker:

joeysteele
09-09-2011, 11:54 PM
They were hilarious, loved them commenting on the new housemates and describing one, Rebecca I think as the 'candy floss girl'.

GypsyGoth
09-09-2011, 11:59 PM
I thought they were a bit distracting on it.

MusicMan
10-09-2011, 12:00 AM
I loved it when Emma asked them a question and they started talking about something completely different and she couldn't shut them up :tongue:

They're fantastic

joeysteele
10-09-2011, 12:01 AM
I loved it when Emma asked them a question and they started talking about something completely different and she couldn't shut them up :tongue:

They're fantastic

I couldn't agree more, I think Emma gave up in the end, they may as well have done the show really.:joker:

As you say fantastic.

Joelle.
10-09-2011, 12:04 AM
It got a bit ridiculous when Emma basically started playing Who'd You Rather with them. Completely off topic. :nono:

BJ
10-09-2011, 12:42 AM
They just want to hog the limelight all the time. They're like 2 spoilt brats IMO

CaudleHalbard
10-09-2011, 12:56 AM
They are TV gold and effortlessly took the piss out of a show which frankly takes the piss anyway. They didn't even have to try! I loved it when Emma grabbed John just to shut them up! :D

I think the Jeds should actually be tried out as guest presenters. They are perfectly capable of exerting self-discipline. Maybe at the weekend instead of that Alice female?

There is a certain amount of talk about them being future presenters in the Ant & Dec mould. Presenting a manic show like BBBOTS might be just up their street!

What do you guys think? :)

Patrick
10-09-2011, 12:57 AM
Well it's better than having John McCririck or Josie shouting over every line - at least Jedward are amusing.

Joelle.
10-09-2011, 01:05 AM
They are TV gold and effortlessly took the piss out of a show which frankly takes the piss anyway. They didn't even have to try! I loved it when Emma grabbed John just to shut them up! :D

I think the Jeds should actually be tried out as guest presenters. They are perfectly capable of exerting self-discipline. Maybe at the weekend instead of that Alice female?

There is a certain amount of talk about them being future presenters in the Ant & Dec mould. Presenting a manic show like BBBOTS might be just up their street!

God no. :bored:

Zippy
10-09-2011, 01:12 AM
this is BB12 and they are not in it so this thread shouldnt even be in this section. We've done with those losers now, thanks.

No surprise who's trying to keep them in the limelight here.

edit; well done to the mod who threw it out of BB12. Ha!

joeysteele
10-09-2011, 11:16 AM

Definately yes to that and in fact I can see that coming, TV companies want them on TV, Producers of a variety of TV programming want them included in their programming. That's obvous from the wide range of shows they have been on.

Mark my words,I predict Louis is grooming them to be TV stars, that day is coming, starting with much along the lines you pointed out above too.

I don't gamble but I would put a very large bet on that happening in the years to come.

joeysteele
10-09-2011, 11:21 AM
It's in the celebrity big brother on channel 5 section Zippy,it hasn't,to me anyway,I doubt it hasn't to most people on here either or the mods, been seen to be thrown out as you say, it is still very much on the forum in it's right place.

BB12 is started ,if the new series is called BB12, Brian only called it Big Brother 2011.references to CBB in BB12 would hardly be appropriate would it.Just as reference to housemates in BB12 would not be appropriate in the CBB section.

CaudleHalbard
10-09-2011, 12:34 PM
edit; well done to the mod who threw it out of BB12. Ha!

Er no - this has nothing whatever to do with CBB8.

It's about BBBOTS related to BB12. Thank you to the mods for reinstating it in BB12 forum. :)

joeysteele
10-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Er no - this has nothing whatever to do with CBB8.

It's about BBBOTS related to BB12. Thank you to the mods for reinstating it in BB12 forum. :)

Of course it is, you are right.I missed that fact.
BBBOTS is the spin off for all related BB this series. Well thought out and pointed out CaudleHalbard.

CaudleHalbard
10-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Cheers Joey.

So......... any more takers for my idea of getting them to do a guest stint presenting BBBOTS?

Even for those who do not particularly like them, it will be an opportunity to see if they can hack it. Got to be better than Alice and Jamie, surely? :)

Joelle.
10-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Cheers Joey.

So......... any more takers for my idea of getting them to do a guest stint presenting BBBOTS?

Even for those who do not particularly like them, it will be an opportunity to see if they can hack it. Got to be better than Alice and Jamie, surely? :)

I would actually rather they invited Zezi Ifore back to present it than those two. :bored:

CaudleHalbard
10-09-2011, 01:45 PM
I would actually rather they invited Zezi Ifore back to present it than those two.

Noooooooooooooooh!

Lol! :joker:

I never thought I'd (very slightly) miss George Lamb... who I really didn't like at all.

Joelle.
10-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Noooooooooooooooh!

Lol! :joker:

I never thought I'd (very slightly) miss George Lamb... who I really didn't like at all.

In the 3 years he was doing it I could never warm to him. He was just an awful presenter.

CaudleHalbard
10-09-2011, 01:50 PM
In the 3 years he was doing it I could never warm to him. He was just an awful presenter.

For me George Lamb was like Dermot O'Leary on XF. Even after they've done the shows quite a while it still seems like a square peg in a round hole.

A feeling they are just doing for the money without any enthusiasm.

RichardG
10-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Don't they have a tour to do now? I don't think they'd have time to do much more BBBOTS-related stuff.

InOne
10-09-2011, 01:59 PM
No.

Then again I don't watch it so doesn't really matter to me.

CaudleHalbard
10-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Don't they have a tour to do now? I don't think they'd have time to do much more BBBOTS-related stuff.

Their tour starts some time in November - if it's after 11 Nov, it won't clash with BB12/BBBOTS.

Just saw this bit from the Daily Star. Give the source we need to keep a pinch of salt handy, I guess. ;)

JEDWARD love Big Brother so much they are going back into the house. The X Factor twins, 19, claim TV bosses say they are the reason why the show was a smash hit. John Grimes teased: “Big Brother wants us back in January just to make the show work.

“The others were just sitting around, sleeping, sunbathing, having nap time and moaning.”

Jedward were the big bookies’ favourites to win but they eventually came third.

The Irish boys admit they had hoped to win and John said: “There is no point in doing this show if you don’t want to win. But Paddy is great and it’s not the end of the world not to win as long as we have made an impact.”

Jedward were branded the most bonkers ever housemates, yet they claim the others were insane. Edward said:
“Everyone else was going crazy. They were all on medication and stuff.”

No.

Then again I don't watch it so doesn't really matter to me.

Why bother to give a worthless view then? :joker:

Gillian-73
10-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Oh no, are they on all week? damn! thought we'd got rid.

Zippy
10-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Why the hell has this been moved bak here? They are NOT relevant to this BB. Theirs is over with and this is about unknowns.

It really annoys me that all the Jedward crap and drama is now being brought into this forum. As if we havent had enough of it. Just because a certain fan desperately wants to keep them yapped about here.

pathetic

CaudleHalbard
10-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Why the hell has this been moved bak here? They are NOT relevant to this BB. Theirs is over with and this is about unknowns.

It really annoys me that all the Jedward crap and drama is now being brought into this forum. As if we havent had enough of it. Just because a certain fan desperately wants to keep them yapped about here.

pathetic

Oh get over it! :D

They were on BBBOTS last night and may be on all week - but I'm not sure... I may have misheard Emma.

They owned the show last night which led me to wonder whether it might be a good idea for them to have a chance at presenting it.

If you don't have a constructive view to put forward...... just move along! ;)

joeysteele
10-09-2011, 02:26 PM

They have some European work to do but their UK tour doesn't start until November.

Marcus.
10-09-2011, 02:36 PM
i think it would be fun

RichardG
10-09-2011, 02:57 PM

pathetic
They were on last night's Big Brother 12 BBBOTS, there's no reason why people shouldn't be able to mention them on this forum. ;)

CaudleHalbard
10-09-2011, 03:23 PM
I fully accept it is possible that there is a danger it might become the Jedward Show - just as BBBM pretty much became the Russell Brand Show at one point... "I took down my trousers........... etc" (eww!)

But, given C5 seem to think Jedward are the reason for CBB8's success, why not see whether they can make a decent job of presenting? If they make a good job of it, it will mean a wider career than singing and jumping about. If they don't, it will give the haters something to laugh about and pour scorn!

Win - win? :joker:

InOne
10-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Their tour starts some time in November - if it's after 11 Nov, it won't clash with BB12/BBBOTS.

Just saw this bit from the Daily Star. Give the source we need to keep a pinch of salt handy, I guess. ;)

Why bother to give a worthless view then? :joker:

Because I can :)

parmnion
10-09-2011, 03:27 PM
They needed to **** and let Josie talk more.

CaudleHalbard
10-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Because I can :)

Fair enough. But do you agree they should be given a chance?

If Brian **** Belo can manage to appear on every series since he was a HM. I don't see why Jedward, who are in a similar manic mould, shouldn't.

InOne
10-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Fair enough. But do you agree they should be given a chance?

If Brian **** Belo can manage to appear on every series since he was a HM. I don't see why Jedward, who are in a similar manic mould, shouldn't.

Yeah, give them a chance, I can't see it helping ratings though. They seem to talk too much with themselves and go off on little tangents, they could miss the auto cue a few times.

chuff me dizzy
10-09-2011, 03:33 PM
That would be me turning off if they did, they are a joke,no one will trust or take them seriously, Jedward are as good as finished

Stu
10-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Bit On The Side is a late night show in a post prime time slot. Jedward are childrens entertainment.

Besides if they get a permanent gig poor Joey will have to go through some absoloute torture again being forced to defend them at gunpoint.

joeysteele
10-09-2011, 04:03 PM
I would love to see how they do also I do agree there could be problems with auto cue.

Also,This 'poor' Joey will in fact defend them against things he knows are wrongly said as to them and their career also though more to the point,this 'poor' Joey will also defend himself very strongly against people who 'choose' to ridicule and insult me personally just for who I like,just because they don't like that particular person or celebrity but can only score points through attempting to ridicule, humiliate and insult another member.

CaudleHalbard
10-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah, give them a chance, I can't see it helping ratings though. They seem to talk too much with themselves and go off on little tangents, they could miss the auto cue a few times.

If for every person who turns of BBBOTS for them, two or more watch it who wouldn't otherwise, I guess that will be seen as a fair trade-off?

They will certainly need to learn a few tricks of the trade - as Mr Dowling has had to...... and he's still on a learning curve! ;) I am someone who actually couldn't stand Brian, but have warmed to him somewhat.

Maybe others will feel the same about Jedward, if they see the twins in a more responsible role (well, just maybe!)

Bit On The Side is a late night show in a post prime time slot. Jedward are childrens entertainment.

C'mon, BBBOTS is one of the most childish shows on TV... with a bit of bad language thrown in! :joker:

if they get a permanent gig

I am not suggesting this at all. Maybe a couple of shows at a weekend (in place of the rather dire Alice), as a tryout. If they are useless, that would be an end of it.

That would be me turning off if they did, they are a joke,no one will trust or take them seriously, Jedward are as good as finished

Surely haters will regard that as a good thing? ;)

Zippy
10-09-2011, 05:20 PM
please do not feed the Jedward publicists

desperate to keep their name alive

CaudleHalbard
10-09-2011, 05:26 PM
please do not feed the Jedward publicists

desperate to keep their name alive

Please ignore the haters. ;)

They don't need anyone to keep their name alive - they'll probably be on BBBOTS tonight.