PDA

View Full Version : More rumoured celebs...

Callum
08-11-2011, 02:20 AM
ITV bosses have turned to a host of ageing stars for this year's Aussie jungle reality show.

TV Biz can reveal US actress Stefanie Powers, 69, hamster muncher Freddie Starr, 68, former Emmerdale star Lorraine Chase, 60, and ex-jockey Willie Carson, 68, have all taken delivery of their cork hats.

Lorraine and Willie have already touched down in Oz — and Freddie was snapped leaving Heathrow yesterday. Stefanie, best known for 1980s TV drama Hart To Hart, is jetting into Australia's Gold Coast from Los Angeles.

Bosses have plumped for the golden oldies in a bid to reinforce the message that "life begins at 50".

A source said: "It's a tough environment out there but we reckon these old folk can handle the pressure.

"Some of our best characters — Kim Woodburn, Jan Leeming and Tony Blackburn — were all well over 50. This is not a show where age is a barrier, quite the opposite."

Model-turned-actress Lorraine said she was keen to reinvent herself.

Lorraine, the first of the contestants to arrive in Oz, insisted: "I had a 60th birthday in July and ever since then I've been trying to find a challenge. I'm A Celebrity is that challenge."

Shortly after landing, Willie said: "I'm really looking forward to experiencing Australia, but I'm not prepared for roughing it in the jungle.

"I'm not ready for the camping aspect and I'm really going to miss my bed.

"But I've spent my whole life with animals, so the jungle creatures will be no problem. I hope I'm going to be a natural in there."

The four will be joined by younger faces including The Only Way Is Essex's Mark Wright, 24, McFly bassist Dougie Poynter, 23, and Real Hustle star Jessica-Jane Clement, 26. Actor Antony Cotton, 36 — Sean Tully in Corrie — is also in the frame.

Others heading out for the show, which starts on ITV1 on Sunday, include Benidorm actress Crissy Rock, 53, and singer Sinitta, 43. The full line-up is revealed on Thursday.

Source: The Sun (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3920759/Im-A-Celeb-Oldie-get-me-a-nice-cup-of-cocoa.html)

King Gizzard
08-11-2011, 02:22 AM
Already posted :P

Callum
08-11-2011, 02:24 AM

Where?

Kate!
08-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Roll up, roll up....

Who wants to see a wrinkly willie and 2 dicks in the bush. Now there is an offer you can't refuse!

pmsl.

Kerry
08-11-2011, 02:41 AM

Merge then, lazy ass

King Gizzard
08-11-2011, 02:54 AM
They're just names that have been generally mentioned as going in in different threads. Probably doesn't hurt to have this one