PDA

View Full Version : Stefanie Powers jetting into Australia's Gold Coast

Omah
08-11-2011, 08:36 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3920759/Im-A-Celeb-Oldie-get-me-a-nice-cup-of-cocoa.html

Stefanie Powers (69), best known for 1980s TV drama Hart To Hart, is jetting into Australia's Gold Coast from Los Angeles.

Black Dagger
08-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Oooh another cannon fodder celebrity who will go in the first two days of the public vote :D.

LaLaLand
08-11-2011, 10:59 AM
I recognised her name, I thought she was the blonde woman from Dynasty until I Google'd her ha.

Omah
08-11-2011, 06:21 PM
The actress lives in three different countries, speaks eight languages, is a cultural scholar, world traveler, expert horsewoman and talented singer and dancer

“I live in Africa as well, East Africa, and I've just returned from there, and I'm looking forward to seeing and reminiscing about these shows,” she said in a recent phone interview from her California home.

Powers' linguistic skills (she speaks Polish, being of Polish descent, French, Italian, Spanish, Swahili and “smatterings” of Mandarin and Cantonese), dance training and an early interest in bullfighting were written into episodes of her TV series, “The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.”

She serves as president of the William Holden Wildlife Foundation, a public charity dedicated to the preservation of wild animals, which she helped to found in honor of the late actor William Holden who taught her the importance of animal rights and conservation.

http://newsok.com/stefanie-powers-still-gets-around-like-the-girl-from-u.n.c.l.e./article/3612724#ixzz1d8wZdnl6

Smithy
08-11-2011, 06:21 PM
they're all really old :conf2:

Omah
09-11-2011, 08:40 PM
http://entertainment.stv.tv/tv/278278-stefanie-powers/

Stefanie Powers has admitted that although she loves animals and doesn't have any phobias, she has a different kind of fear that she'll face in the jungle.

The actress, who starred in 80s TV show Hart to Hart, is involved in international wildlife preservation and has lived in Africa and slept in tents, but she knows that the I'm a Celebrity... jungle isn't going to be easy and said:

“With those [Africa] trips you could go fully equipped to protect yourself. You could bring the necessary kit as you knew what you were up against. With this, it’s a very different approach. You are completely vulnerable. It is challenging and the unknown is the point that makes one a little anxious.”

The award-winning actress is more worried about getting rained on than starving, and she's not afraid of facing any confrontations in the jungle with the other celebrities either:

“I am not argumentative,” she said. “Nobody wants to make a fool of themselves. I have had friends who have done this show before and they have lived through it.”

She may have an illustrious acting career behind her with several awards and accolades, but Stefanie feels that her proudest achievement was recovering from lung cancer. Thanks to early detection, treatment and her subsequent all-clear, she's gained a new lust for life and wants to take that energy and use it to tell people how important early detection is. She said:

“I was diagnosed with lung cancer two years ago on the eve of my mother’s death. I had surgery and what was then up to me was my recovery and the process of recovery. It puts you through many different stages – emotional stages, intellectual stages - and now that I am recouped and performing again, doing this kind of thing makes me want to be a poster child for early detection of cancer."

Stefanie wants to inspire people who are fighting cancer and prove to people that you can lead an active life after having the disease. “I am not only a survivor of cancer, but I am now going to try and survive I’m A Celebrity...,” she joked.

The actress doesn't know what role she'll be playing in the jungle, but is determined to be a good team player and bond with the other contestants and said: “I am interested in other people. I want to see if I can get through this.”

The 69-year-old star revealed that she's not sure what to expect from the jungle, but admitted that she's looking forward to meeting any challenge with her best effort.

Nice one, Steph ..... :cool: