PDA

View Full Version : Is the voting open to betting stings?

parmnion
10-11-2011, 12:58 PM
with the ease of purchasing f/b credits to vote do you think it's possible that betting rings could buy something like 10 thousand f/b credits each and use them to vote for Jay at 5/1.Then put large sums of money(perhaps as large as 50 thousand or something) on a Jay win.

I do believe this may have happened with jedward in the celeb bb, because they were clear favourites.

I also believe that out of the 1 million viewers only a small percentage of them will actually vote leaving it wide open for groups to vote huge amounts for Jay at 5/1 to ensure they all make some large profits.

Cherie
10-11-2011, 12:59 PM
I believe there is a 500 vote ceiling then you have to start a new account?

parmnion
10-11-2011, 01:01 PM
I believe there is a 500 vote ceiling then you have to start a new account?

easy enough done then......:joker:

Samuel.
10-11-2011, 01:05 PM
I think there's something in the terms and conditions about being able to amend votes that prevents this from happening if caught out.

Locke.
10-11-2011, 02:04 PM
In a regular eviction they'd be able to make a bit of a difference but I don't think they'd be able to in the final

Novo
10-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Why would they put money on Jay? they know that they would have to spend loads in order for him to win.. Aaron would be the best one to lump money on since he has topped the public vote 4 times.. into 2/1 now to win so maybe it's happening as we speak :dance:

Vicky.
10-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Victor said on DS a few days ago, that they are constantly looking out for suspicious voting patterns.

What this means, I do not know :laugh:

Vicky.
10-11-2011, 02:12 PM
I would suppose if they got a huge surge of votes...ie. say 20 facebook accounts all voting the max 500 times, all on the same day, and 19 of them turn out to be from proxys...this could be what they mean.(Lets be honest, despite a lot claiming to vote the max, Im sure 500 votes from one person is not that common at all)

Or someone who was doing badly in the votes... suddenly goes from 4th place to 1st in a matter of hours...they would know somethings up.

They discount 'suspicious votes' too

Suze
10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
I would suppose if they got a huge surge of votes...ie. say 20 facebook accounts all voting the max 500 times, all on the same day, and 19 of them turn out to be from proxys...this could be what they mean.(Lets be honest, despite a lot claiming to vote the max, Im sure 500 votes from one person is not that common at all)

Or someone who was doing badly in the votes... suddenly goes from 4th place to 1st in a matter of hours...they would know somethings up.

I have voted 400 re this eviction for Aaron so far, saving some for after today's eviction if he survives it. What about phone votes though, is there a limit on them? Plus they can be done from mobiles, and other phones, so a betting sting is more likely there. I expect facebook is easier to monitor. Though betting stings are probably easier and more likely with a one on one eviction vote. And there wouldn't be enough time between votes in the final to do that.

Vicky.
10-11-2011, 02:18 PM
I have voted 400 re this eviction for Aaron so far, saving some for after today's eviction if he survives it.

Yeah but...not many could afford to do that really.

Especially given how I imagine the majority of BB fans are teens (at least I hope so given some of the messages on twitter :eek: )

Also, Im guessing you are voting a few times each day rather than sitting doing 500 votes in one day straight after each other? :p

Vicky.
10-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Yeah good point about calls I guess. it would be much easier to cheat the system if someone was determined enough, just get a few PAYG simcards.

Novo
10-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Jay doesn't appeal to the upperclass people like Aaron would he'll be getting the casual voters then ring up once

parmnion
10-11-2011, 02:30 PM

when do they discount them?

Vicky.
10-11-2011, 02:30 PM
when do they discount them?

When they are deemed to be suspicious, I would imagine D:

parmnion
10-11-2011, 02:32 PM
When they are deemed to be suspicious, I would imagine D:

So maybe suze's 400 votes could be deemed suspicious?:joker:..if not then it's not beyond the realms of reality for people to set up numerous accounts and vote 500 times each for JAY to win.. if there's a lot of money to be won I can see this a s a distinct possability.

parmnion
10-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Why would they put money on Jay? they know that they would have to spend loads in order for him to win.. Aaron would be the best one to lump money on since he has topped the public vote 4 times.. into 2/1 now to win so maybe it's happening as we speak :dance:

they would put money on Jay because the 5 or 6/1 that is on offer would, along with his fanbase voting him as well,offer the best value for money..aaron at 5/2 or 2/1 just isn't worth the effort.

Vicky.
10-11-2011, 02:35 PM
So maybe suze's 400 votes could be deemed suspicious?:joker:..if not then it's not beyond the realms of reality for people to set up numerous accounts and vote 500 times each for JAY to win.. if there's a lot of money to be won I can see this a s a distinct possability.

Well no, not on their own, because you are allowed to do 500 votes per person.

I guess if suzes votes came inbetween 20 other people voting the full 500 times(via proxy)...and doing it all in one go, then possibly she could be deemed to be part of their scam.

But this is all just guesswork on my side tbh, all victor said was they look out for suspicious voting patterns :p

Suze
10-11-2011, 02:38 PM

I guess if suzes votes came inbetween 20 other people voting the full 500 times(via proxy)...and doing it all in one go, then possibly she could be deemed to be part of their scam.

But this is all just guesswork on my side tbh, all victor said was they look out for suspicious voting patterns :p

I never did mine all in one go, and as we are allowed the 500 anyway, and my 400 voted thus far are done on my debit card which no one else uses and they likely know that if they do their checks on high votes, then I think I am ok with my voting :)

Plus as tonight is an eviction, whether votes are carried over or not, I suspect voters will be able to vote another 500 times if they choose to.

parmnion
10-11-2011, 02:39 PM

Maybe it depends on the housemate..like, if louise suddenly starts getting thousand of votes it would look suspicious(hell ten would be enoug for me). so Jay's appeal to the normal man on the street could help a sudden rush of votes on friday going under the radar...

remember louise was 1/6 on the thursday night to be evicted against faye..then suddenly on the friday she was almost evens...To me that looks like a betting sting.