PDA

View Full Version : I’m A Celeb to be a bug fest

Omah
11-11-2011, 09:19 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3928273/Im-A-Celeb-to-be-a-bug-fest.html

I'M A Celebrity stars will be engulfed by 10,000 cockroaches for the launch of this year's show.

And coming face to face with the creepy crawlies won't win them a thing — because it isn't going to count as a trial.

Bosses have planned the bug-fest for today — when the celebs meet each other at a villa on the coast of Queensland, Australia.

It will be the biggest number of cockroaches ever used in one scene — and the results will be aired on Sunday when the series starts at 9pm on ITV1.

Executive producer Chris Brogden said: "We always like to do something big and new for our launch show.

"This year we are surprising our celebrities with a challenge that isn't a trial. It will see all of them come into contact with 10,000 cockroaches.

"That will be a big shock for them on day one."

There could also be a few unplanned horrors in store for the celebs, who'll be spending up to three weeks on the show.

The jungle site has been over-run with repulsive reptiles — and I'm A Celeb medic Bob McCarron revealed that 40 deadly Rough-scaled SNAKES had been removed since August.

He said: "It is a bit of a worry."

The Aussie camp has also been flooded with microscopic TICKS, which can do serious damage if they are not removed immediately.

:eek:

Incensed
11-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Hehe!! Lovin' it :hugesmile:

Visage
11-11-2011, 10:01 AM
I can't wait...:dance:

Jords
11-11-2011, 10:11 AM
:amazed: :o

Omah
11-11-2011, 11:09 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/cockroach-hell-for-im-a-celeb-stars-6260676.html

However, one celebrity that may miss out is Freddie Starr after the comedian failed to enter the Australian jungle with the other contestants.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "It is unclear why Freddie never made it. Bosses hope he will still be able to go in but for now only nine contestants will be on show."

If Freddie - who had a triple heart bypass last year - fails to make it, he could be replaced by Pat Sharp.

:suspect:

LaLaLand
11-11-2011, 11:45 AM
I honestly don't think Freddie is up to it. He mp won't be allowed to do most trials anyway... I'm supporting him but he'll be a let-down trial wise. He'd be better off in BB.

Saph
11-11-2011, 01:17 PM
are they in camp now then? :s

HBB1508
11-11-2011, 01:43 PM
I feel sorry for the cockroaches coming face to face with this lot :joker:

LaLaLand
11-11-2011, 02:21 PM
are they in camp now then? :s

They will be later on, today is when they all meet for the first time in that Villa (I think it's Saturday there right?)

Sam:)
11-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Its stupid putting elderly contestants in IAC because there excluded from the majority of tasks and the task are one of the main parts of the show

Omah
11-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Its stupid putting elderly contestants in IAC because there excluded from the majority of tasks and the task are one of the main parts of the show

Let the young'uns do more ..... ;)