PDA

View Full Version : Tom Why is being a huge BB fan a reason NOT to win?

Niamh.
11-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Last night on BOTS when asked who he thinks should win, someone from the crowd shouted Aaron. Tom responded by saying that Alex deserves it more because Aaron has been a fan of BB since "year dot" and has studied it. That to me is a reason why he should win, isn't it? What better person to win BB than someone who loves it that much? It's part of the reason I want him to win so much, he's just like one of us, a true fan.

MTVN
11-11-2011, 11:01 AM
I don't really understand the thinking behind that tbh :conf:

Chuck
11-11-2011, 11:03 AM
They think housemates who are huge fans behave in a certain way they know the viewers will like.

Kate!
It's just another straw they clutch at to Aaron Bash, we have had a massive BB fan win before (Brian Belo) and nobody made these comments about him.

parmnion
Good point, but I think Alex deserves it more for just enjoying herself.

Niamh.
11-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Good point, but I think Alex deserves it more for just enjoying herself.

I don't think she doesn't deserve it, I like Alex. I just thought that was a strange and unfair reason to give for why Aaron shouldn't

Chuck
11-11-2011, 11:06 AM
It's just another straw they clutch at to Aaron Bash, we have had a massive BB fan win before (Brian Belo) and nobody made these comments about him.

I think the difference is that Aaron admitted to be playing the game whilst Belo seemed to be only enjoying the experience.

Kate!
11-11-2011, 11:09 AM
They think housemates who are huge fans behave in a certain way they know the viewers will like.

A lot of them do this anyway to various extents, not just Aaron though.

In this years BB quite a few have "acted up" a bit, but mainly been themselves, I know a lot of hms past and present get labelled fake, but I don't think anyone can be that fake in there, true colours always out in the end.

Out of this years contestants, I think the ones who have mainly tried to copy previous winners and hugely popular characters are Louise (I'm just a normal girl me) and Anton ( Victor wannabe).

Niamh.
11-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I think the difference is that Aaron admitted to be playing the game whilst Belo seemed to be only enjoying the experience.

Aaron never admitted to playing the game:conf: He said he was going to in his VT. He also told BB that he only said that to get in.

parmnion
11-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Aaron never admitted to playing the game:conf: He said he was going to in his VT. He also told BB that he only said that to get in.

so which one do we believe?

Kate!
11-11-2011, 11:11 AM

He's honest though, that's his nature. I like that about him.:hugesmile:

Black Dagger

Bollocks, Brian had the biggest game-plan in there, play the token thick routine because he know it worked...

Chuck

didn't he say it in the diary room in the first week something like BB is a game show and I'm here to play it, not to make friends?

Niamh.
so which one do we believe?

Oh come on, people always over all the years, lie and exaggerate on their VTs.

Chuck
11-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Bollocks, Brian had the biggest game-plan in there, play the token thick routine because he know it worked...

I'm not saying he didn't have a game plan but that's clearly not how it came across for many people.

parmnion
11-11-2011, 11:13 AM

You would think that with the morals he always says he has that he would have been himself during his vt rather than him being someone else.Seems to me that he's cheated himself during the process.

Niamh.
11-11-2011, 11:14 AM
didn't he say it in the diary room in the first week something like BB is a game show and I'm here to play it, not to make friends?

You can still do that and be true to yourself, which is what I think he's done. I do think he's able to read situations and use things to his advantage but I don't think that makes him fake. All of them do that to some extent I believe, it's only human nature.

Niamh.
11-11-2011, 11:15 AM
You would think that with the morals he always says he has that he would have been himself during his vt rather than him being someone else.Seems to me that he's cheated himself during the process.

He wouldn't be on the show right now if he didn't though, which he obviously learned having auditioned numerous times.

Chuck
11-11-2011, 11:15 AM
A lot of them do this anyway to various extents, not just Aaron though.

I know they do, but the average viewer doesn't seem to like game players. If you admit youare playing it, then it's a shot in the foot apparently.

Out of this years contestants, I think the ones who have mainly tried to copy previous winners are Louise (I'm just a normal girl me) and Anton ( Victor wannabe).

D:

Kate!
11-11-2011, 11:16 AM

yep, course they do, they all want to get on the show, they act up, create a bit of a persona, no harm in it, there's loads of VT'S I have seen over the years and thought, OMG I am going to absolutely hate/love this person and once they get in the house, I usually change my opinion completely. Dale Howard's VT was appalling, I was ashamed he came from my hometown, lol, but he wasn't half as bad as he presented himself. So great point Niamh :D

Chuck
11-11-2011, 11:22 AM
You can still do that and be true to yourself, which is what I think he's done. I do think he's able to read situations and use things to his advantage but I don't think that makes him fake. All of them do that to some extent I believe, it's only human nature.

I agree with you that is possible to play the game and still be true to yourself but it's inevitable that many people will question whether he's being fake or not when he admitted to be playing the game and one of the ways you can play it is by acting in a way you think the viewers will like.

Niamh.
11-11-2011, 11:24 AM
I agree with you that is possible to play the game and still be true to yourself but it's inevitable that many people will question whether he's being fake or not when he admitted to be playing the game and one of the ways you can play it is by acting in a way you think the viewers will like.

Tbf though he hasn't really acted in a way that would usually make a HM popular so I think he's been pretty real in there.

Chuck
11-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Tbf though he hasn't really acted in a way that would usually make a HM popular so I think he's been pretty real in there.

Well, that's subjactive but I get your point. :p

Kate!
11-11-2011, 11:29 AM
I know they do, but the average viewer doesn't seem to like game players. If you admit youare playing it, then it's a shot in the foot apparently.

D:

LOL, well spotted Chuck, Victor didn't win so I shall edit my post appropriately :D

psychtracker
11-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Last night on BOTS when asked who he thinks should win, someone from the crowd shouted Aaron. Tom responded by saying that Alex deserves it more because Aaron has been a fan of BB since "year dot" and has studied it. That to me is a reason why he should win, isn't it? What better person to win BB than someone who loves it that much? It's part of the reason I want him to win so much, he's just like one of us, a true fan.

I think it's just a cliched line that's run through all BB's that i've seen. There's always been a strong bias that if you've a good understanding of BB, a genuine fan, then you'll be a manipulative, sneaky game player who will do anything to get the public on side. Versus, if you haven't seen much BB, then you're naive to the workings, and won't have the knowledge of how you're supposed to behave in order to win public support.

Niamh.
11-11-2011, 11:36 AM
I think it's just a cliched line that's run through all BB's that i've seen. There's always been a strong bias that if you've a good understanding of BB, a genuine fan, then you'll be a manipulative, sneaky game player who will do anything to get the public on side. Versus, if you haven't seen much BB, then you're naive to the workings, and won't have the knowledge of how you're supposed to behave in order to win public support.

That was all well and good in the first couple of series of BB but anyone who enters BB has to know something about the show, otherwise they wouldn't have applied (unless you're just a wannabe who's agent entered you, which is even worse) A true fan being in there is a far more interesting idea for me rather than someone who wants to push their glamour modelling careers

BJ
11-11-2011, 11:46 AM

I absolutely agree with you.

Honestly, if any of them had entered the house without some sort of plan on how then intended to play the game they'd be pretty stupid. So what if Aaron has played a game. If it's the best game he deserves to win.

Ellen
11-11-2011, 11:48 AM
They are all in BB for their own reasons, be it the experience, the money, career's.
Dont really care what their reasons are for been in BB, i enjoy watching people from all walks of life trying to live together and seeing how they deal with the BB experience.

psychtracker
11-11-2011, 11:49 AM
That was all well and good in the first couple of series of BB but anyone who enters BB has to know something about the show, otherwise they wouldn't have applied (unless you're just a wannabe who's agent entered you, which is even worse) A true fan being in there is a far more interesting idea for me rather than someone who wants to push their glamour modelling careers

I totally agree, but i just don't believe the general public thinking has moved on much past the first couple series. Like when you watch BOTS etc.. same old theories, comments, from the public/panelists etc. A HM with BB knowledge equals a manipulator. It's in these type of forums with the BB diehards that people are far more conducive to HMs being serious BB fans/tactics/game plans etc..

BJ
11-11-2011, 11:54 AM

Again, I agree with you Niamh. I think it's just that some people think before they speak, unlike Jay who lets his mouth run away with him.

Aaron is a bit older and certainly much wiser than most of the HMs and although I think he's played the game I also believe he's been true to himself and for the past 9 weeks we've been watching the real Aaron.

BJ
11-11-2011, 11:55 AM
I totally agree, but i just don't believe the general public thinking has moved on much past the first couple series. Like when you watch BOTS etc.. same old theories, comments, from the public/panelists etc. A HM with BB knowledge equals a manipulator. It's in these type of forums with the BB diehards that people are far more conducive to HMs being serious BB fans/tactics/game plans etc..

You make an excellent point

flamingGalah!
11-11-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm pretty sure most of them in there are BB fans, why else would they go in there? They all know exactly what happens & they have discussed previous series...

It is ridiculous to suggest that such a huge fan of the show doesn't deserve to win, can you imagine some twonk in there that had never watched an episode once in their lives? How would they be more deserving? :conf:

And Alex is obviously a fan too & is also playing the game by playing up to the cameras & laying on the 'dumb blonde' act thickly... But I would still like her to win if Aaron doesn't :D

Angus
11-11-2011, 11:59 AM
The most conniving people in there at the moment are Alex and Louise - both as fake as three pound notes, but whilst Alex is relatively inoffensive and has been mildly entertaining, Louise is just a nasty piece of work who thinks her looks allow her to get away with obnoxious behaviour and slyness.

Visage
11-11-2011, 12:03 PM
I think this 'studied BB from the first series' statement is really OTT.

Why it's used against an housemate doesn't make sense to me. Most people go in that house with knowledge of what it's all about.

Quite frankly if he stands by that statement I'm guessing he hasn't studied the series that well as he's lost quite a few fans from the first weeks in the house by his constant sulking.

Visage
11-11-2011, 12:06 PM

I hold my hands up....

I too have said some things about 8 weeks ago that I have changed my mind on.

TommyTaT
11-11-2011, 12:09 PM

I appreciate your view, but here is another interpretation.

aaron has studied it and is clearly manipualating everything in his percieved favour.

take the first curry delivered, he did his little 3 year old strop with a long lip and went to bed while the music and food was going on, faye went to see him but no he never eats curries dosant like indian food, and lo and behold the other day another indian dish is served and that idiot/liar is seen tucking into it.

after studying for hours he then will change his behaviour and do whatever he thinks will get him votes.

thats the diffrence between bello and this bellendo.

there are thousands of things aaron has done which contradict his 'morals' etc. credit where its due though, he certainly played the stinky finger game with mazy well, and his followers seemed to love him more for it.

Visage
11-11-2011, 12:13 PM
he never eats curries .

I thought he said Indian food didn't agree with him, not that he never eats curries.

TommyTaT
11-11-2011, 12:20 PM
I thought he said Indian food didn't agree with him, not that he never eats curries.

yep he never eats them, they dont agree with him, seems hes telling that many lies he cant even remember them all:joker::joker:

it seemed to agreee with him the other night though as he was wolfing it down, still im sure thats why the little nest of aaron lovers on here will love him more for it.

showtime77
11-11-2011, 12:31 PM
As far as I'm concerned being a Big Brother fan can only be a good thing. It shows he cares like we do and not that he just stumbled on the show. Aaron has clearly been the most talked about house mate and I think he is helping develop this show into something more than just an experience for people who are so so about the show. Thank you Aaron for being a dedicated Big Brother fan and engaging your audience on so many levels.

Niamh.
11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
I appreciate your view, but here is another interpretation.

aaron has studied it and is clearly manipualating everything in his percieved favour.

take the first curry delivered, he did his little 3 year old strop with a long lip and went to bed while the music and food was going on, faye went to see him but no he never eats curries dosant like indian food, and lo and behold the other day another indian dish is served and that idiot/liar is seen tucking into it.

after studying for hours he then will change his behaviour and do whatever he thinks will get him votes.

thats the diffrence between bello and this bellendo.

there are thousands of things aaron has done which contradict his 'morals' etc. credit where its due though, he certainly played the stinky finger game with mazy well, and his followers seemed to love him more for it.

Sulking because you don't get your way doesn't make you popular infact this is the reason he lost a few fans along the way, so I don't see how his sulks are proof that he's playing a game, I'd say it proves the exact opposite :conf:

As for your last comment regarding Maisy, Anton was the one who alleged this happened...............

Niamh.
11-11-2011, 12:37 PM
As far as I'm concerned being a Big Brother fan can only be a good thing. It shows he cares like we do and not that he just stumbled on the show. Aaron has clearly been the most talked about house mate and I think he is helping develop this show into something more than just an experience for people who are so so about the show. Thank you Aaron for being a dedicated Big Brother fan and engaging your audience on so many levels.

:love: Well said!

flamingGalah!
11-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Re the curry thing... Has it crossed your minds that he said he didn't like Indian food/said it didn't agree with him because he was just pi**sed off that Jay had decided what food they were getting & they all decided to listen to RnB music (which he hates) so he decided he just wanted to be on his own?

That's hardly lying (or gamepleying) as him having another little strop only adds to the annoyment of the other housemates & alienated him further from the group, not to mention pi**ng off viewers that already disliked him...

I think some people really try to over analyze things sometimes...

TommyTaT
11-11-2011, 12:43 PM

yep, the lowest ever ratings, under a million a week, even the estimates before it started were saying it will get a minimum of 5 million a week.

he cares about the £50,000 1sr prize and who can blame him, but spending your every waking minute on working out ways to manipulate every mundane situation is clearly gripping TV for his little nest of supporters.

TommyTaT
11-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Re the curry thing... Has it crossed your minds that he said he didn't like Indian food/said it didn't agree with him because he was just pi**sed off that Jay had decided what food they were getting & they all decided to listen to RnB music (which he hates) so he decided he just wanted to be on his own?

That's hardly lying (or gamepleying) as him having another little strop only adds to the annoyment of the other housemates & alienated him further from the group, not to mention pi**ng off viewers that already disliked him...

I think some people really try to over analyze things sometimes...

yep, agreed, so he is moving the goalposts for his 'morals' again is he? or is he lying again over the smallest thing? just another example of him doing another little 3 year old tantrum.

when you say jay decided what food, i remember him asking 'the chosen one' is that okay and self proclaimed 'chosen one' replied er er yes, before stropping off for another sulk to his bed.

Niamh.
11-11-2011, 12:51 PM
yep, agreed, so he is moving the goalposts for his 'morals' again is he? or is he lying again over the smallest thing? just another example of him doing another little 3 year old tantrum.

when you say jay decided what food, i remember him asking 'the chosen one' is that okay and self proclaimed 'chosen one' replied er er yes, before stropping off for another sulk to his bed.

Which all indicates that he hasn't been acting in a way that would appeal to the viewers after extensive studies carried out of BB :conf:

auntysplat
11-11-2011, 12:51 PM
BB has changed over the years, even the Rules are different, Tom should Zip it, Alex is playing the Sophie and Josie dumbo bit, she is playing everyone, rules have changed but some people still go for the dumb bit.

Mumbles
11-11-2011, 12:52 PM

I think the reason is that Belo was thick as pig-**** whereas Aaron seems quite intelligent, and there's usually quite an anti-intellectual bias with the GBP so Brian didn't raise any of those types of feelings. I'm genuinely surprised an intelligent housemate has become so popular this year.

TommyTaT
11-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Which all indicates that he hasn't been acting in a way that would appeal to the viewers after extensive studies carried out of BB :conf:

some viewers like the arguments and sulking dont they? do you have a link to just one of these 'extensive studies' or is it just rumours and conspiracies again?, thanks

Niamh.
11-11-2011, 12:57 PM
some viewers like the arguments and sulking dont they? do you have a link to just one of these 'extensive studies' or is it just rumours and conspiracies again?, thanks

I'm talking about the supposed extensive studies that Aaron has carried out on BB in order to win the show.

Niamh.
11-11-2011, 12:59 PM
I think the reason is that Belo was thick as pig-**** whereas Aaron seems quite intelligent, and there's usually quite an anti-intellectual bias with the GBP so Brian didn't raise any of those types of feelings. I'm genuinely surprised an intelligent housemate has become so popular this year.

I think the only reason for that is drop in ratings and FB voting and that alot of the viewers who still watch it are genuine hardcore fans who like and have always liked a different type of HM from the non-forum and more casual viewers

flamingGalah!
11-11-2011, 01:02 PM

Neither. He was pi**ed off & wanted an excuse for a little sulk, I don't think that is him changing his morals or seriously lying... It was an excuse that is all...

I remember Jay coming into the bedroom & telling everyone they were going to have Indian food, there was no discussion about it...
It was only the music choice that got discussed at all & Aaron did state he hated RnB, but of course the majority got to choose that at least...

auntysplat
11-11-2011, 01:05 PM
If Aaron had studied BB as much as everyone says Then he would be acting Dumb and Stupid. As most of the recent winners had been, ie, Pete, Brian, Sophie, Josie

Mumbles
11-11-2011, 01:11 PM
I think the only reason for that is drop in ratings and FB voting and that alot of the viewers who still watch it are genuine hardcore fans who like and have always liked a different type of HM from the non-forum and more casual viewers

Yeah, good points. I'd be happy for BB to continue along this path really. All it needs now is the producers to take note and give us better housemates. Perhaps with the drop in ratings it'll be seen less and less as a vehicle for wannabees to launch their modelling/presenting/singing/whatever careers and return to the good old days where people are in there for the experience or even for the cash.

alex_front2
11-11-2011, 02:00 PM

This is where I have to disagree.

He reiterated that he was going to play a game on day 3 and even hinted at strategy. Unfortunately he got caught up in Faye thrusting herself upon him (his rookie mistake) the day before Tashie was evicted and people kind of forgot about it for a while. But I LOVE good GAME PLAYERS so it makes Aaron an ace HM.

Niamh.
11-11-2011, 02:03 PM
This is where I have to disagree.

He reiterated that he was going to play a game on day 3 and even hinted at strategy. Unfortunately he got caught up in Faye thrusting herself upon him (his rookie mistake) the day before Tashie was evicted and people kind of forgot about it for a while. But I LOVE good GAME PLAYERS so it makes Aaron an ace HM.

To a point I think he's playing a game but not by being fake. I think he can read situations and use things to his advantage.

GabbygalEvs
11-11-2011, 03:05 PM
i dont believe the others arent fans they just keep saying they want the experience so theyve heard of it right

and must have watched some

the others are being fake i feel in pretending theyre there because of the fun of it

Scotty07
11-11-2011, 03:32 PM

I see it as a bonus if a housemate loves and watches every series religiously because it's something I will have in common with them. However, it means nothing if I don't like and find them interesting enough to win.

I could equally want a housemate to win that's never even watched an episode in their life. Tom was always going to say he wants Alex to win, and even if Aaron wasn't a BB fanatic, Tom would still have said Aaron doesn't deserve it because........:sleep: