PDA

View Full Version : Jay would have won.

Jords
11-11-2011, 09:44 PM
FB 7p votes won Aaron because of the online campaign. If this wasnt in place Jay would have been the winner (possibly Alex if Jay received a lot of teeny girls vote on FB, but still think hed have edge).

Well done on the success, you still must have spent a lot!

The boos were beautiful though :laugh:

Good series, good finale line-up.

Jordan.
11-11-2011, 10:32 PM
FB voting definitely needs to go.

If they had it during CBB, no doubt Jedward would have won.

Ramsay
11-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Let it rest man

Roy Mars III
11-11-2011, 10:33 PM
How much did facebook votes count for Jay fans?

Callum
11-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Thank god for Facebook then

flamingGalah!
11-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Oh FFS, you sound soooo bitter...

Aaron won, fair & square... DEAL WITH IT!! :xyxwave:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Locke.
Aaron and Jay both gained from the facebook votes. I think Alex would have more individual fans.

But who cares, no one broke any rules, you can vote up to 500 times, and people did. Big deal.

Mystic Mock
FB 7p votes won Aaron because of the online campaign. If this wasnt in place Jay would have been the winner (possibly Alex if Jay received a lot of teeny girls vote on FB, but still think hed have edge).

Aaron still would have won as his topped every phone vote this series.

King Gizzard
11-11-2011, 10:35 PM
If anything Jay would get more facebook votes. More of his fan type would use that then calling for deffinite

Visage
11-11-2011, 10:38 PM
If Aaron was evicted on his first eviction and Jay on his first eviction, then would Alex have won the show ???

Marmalite
11-11-2011, 10:39 PM
So weren't Jay's fans allowed to vote by FB then?

What a ridiculous comment!

CaPPa
11-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Why are people sore about Aaron's supporters having an online campaign? Surely if any of the other HMs were popular enough then their supporters would have done the same?

Scotty07
11-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Here we go, trying to cheapen the victory. Anyone can vote on facebook and what makes you think that all Aaron fans vote on facebook? Wouldn't suprise me if he had gigantic support from people who have never even used a computer.

I bet there's a hell of a lot of people in the country that find Jay repulsive and love Aaron. There's been people voting for Aaron that have never even watched big brother before.

rusticgal

Exactly....I am not on facebook but surely FB didnt favour Aaron anymore than it could have favoured others????

Cheddarcakes
Jay had a massive online campaign , much bigger than Aarons. Truth is Jay damaged his chances with his behaviour and JayLoo's blatand vote grabbing present buy didnt help them

Mumbles
Jay would have won....... if he'd got more votes than Aaron, whether by facebook or phone votes.

Niamh.
11-11-2011, 10:43 PM
*Newsflash* Jay and Alex fans could also avail of the 7p facebook votes

pegson123
11-11-2011, 10:44 PM
jay had the support of the entire cast of geordie shore

MTVN
11-11-2011, 10:44 PM
To be fair Jay has a really big fan base on Facebook, second biggest number of fans on there after Alex and he beat her so :shrug:

spitfire
11-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Justin may of won if he wasn't so disgusting and vile. And if he had of had more fans than Aaron.

Mumbles
11-11-2011, 10:45 PM

I can only presume the OP thinks that Jay fans are so thick that they can't operate a computer in order to use facebook to vote for their fave. :)

Livia
11-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Everyone had the same opportunity to vote for their favourite in any way they wanted. Jay didn't win because Aaron got more votes. It's the way it works.

Suze
11-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Why are people sore about Aaron's supporters having an online campaign? Surely if any of the other HMs were popular enough then their supporters would have done the same?

They can be as sore as they want to, I don't care, as Aaron won! yayyyyyyyy

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

ourgus
11-11-2011, 10:49 PM
spoiler campaign dickhead.

Gravedigger
11-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Jay would have won....... if he'd got more votes than Aaron, whether by facebook or phone votes.

Exactly.

spitfire
11-11-2011, 10:50 PM
And BBBOTS.

Vicky.
11-11-2011, 10:52 PM
The majority of those on FB seem to be Jay fans, so how on earth does the above argument hold up?

Samuel.
How much did facebook votes count for Jay fans?

:worship:

Jords
Here and Digital Spy had massive campaigning for Aaron with loads of your claiming to spend up to £20... not said it was a bad thing its refreshing we have a different kind of winner even though I didnt like him. I like how yall being ignorant about it now to try and look like Aaron was very popular, crowd spoke volumes (only Rachel got boos and that was minority of the crowd).

Anyway I look forward to CBB9 and BB13 after 2 good series :D

Lex

:joker::joker::joker: Sour grapes Jords! :joker::joker::joker:

Blink_Me
11-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Some Alex fan said she spent £230 on Alex to win from DS.

Jords
11-11-2011, 10:53 PM
The majority of those on FB seem to be Jay fans, so how on earth does the above argument hold up?

Most were Aaron and Alex from what I saw. And still, there wernt campaigns on FB, all done on forums.

Jords
11-11-2011, 10:54 PM
:joker::joker::joker: Sour grapes Jords! :joker::joker::joker:

Nah series is ended Im gutted for Alex but once its over I dont really care :laugh:

Visage
11-11-2011, 11:04 PM
I like how yall being ignorant about it now to try and look like Aaron was very popular, crowd spoke volumes

I don't want to be ignorant so educate me a little.

You say the crowd speaks volumes, well how many people is that roughly ?
Compare that to the total audience and would that statement still hold up ?

Serious question I'm not on a wind up.

TheManWhoLaughs
11-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Jay would have won if you got to vote every time you pooed.

Jords
11-11-2011, 11:17 PM
I don't want to be ignorant so educate me a little.

You say the crowd speaks volumes, well how many people is that roughly ?
Compare that to the total audience and would that statement still hold up ?

Serious question I'm not on a wind up.

I dont fancy arguing (I know you wouldnt but others might post comment), shouldnt have made the thread because I sorta knew this would be the outcome and most would disagree with my point of view.

Anyway lll explain how I see it. I know the crowd only consists of, say 200-300 people? But every winner has been fully cheered (as it sounds on the TV) except Rachel but her boos were in the minority. This to me indicates that hes not THAT popular as the crowd drowned him with boos. I know its the crowd, and they are generally awful, but Aaron was cheered the first 2 times he was up... And like I said, winners have always been greeted with cheers.

Why do I think its down to the online campaigning? Theres been a lot of it on here and DS. Many members claiming to be voting loads using £20+... this is a lot of money to vote on a Reality TV show imo. It hasnt been successful before because the voting was dear so people didnt spend that much money. FB votes were only 7p this series so people took the opportunity to fork out knowing there money was worth more votes. Of course casual viewers will have used FB, and probably casted 5 more votes because of the cheapness or something, but not as much as the forum campaigners.

Its not a bad thing. The majority of the hardcore fans got their winner, not sour grapes or anything (maybe a little :tongue:), but I do think its what won Aaron, the FB vote system. Without Jay (maybe Alex) would have been the winner.

Just my thought, and I think the campaigners should be proud and not shy away... I said elsewhere if I was part of it Id be proper pleased.

Mystic Mock
11-11-2011, 11:27 PM
Jay never would have won as he had alot of haters aswell,imo I think Alex would have won and Aaron would have came 2nd if it was just phone voting.

Babschap
11-11-2011, 11:44 PM

Precisely! Such hogwash and sour grapes! If the other HMs were popular, then way didn't their fans have an online campaign?

flamingGalah!
11-11-2011, 11:52 PM
This thread is complete nonsense! Aaron won because he got more votes, does it really matter how he got those votes?? Fans of all the others could vote as many times as they wanted as well?? So what exactly is the problem & point of this thread... :sleep:

joeysteele
11-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Aaron still would have won as his topped every phone vote this series.

I second that jf, he had also beaten Jay twice anyway too in eviction battles so that's more weight to your point.

Jords
11-11-2011, 11:58 PM
This thread is complete nonsense! Aaron won because he got more votes, does it really matter how he got those votes?? Fans of all the others could vote as many times as they wanted as well?? So what exactly is the problem & point of this thread... :sleep:

I think you know exactly what Im on about, your not dumb :D
He wasnt a representative winner. But forums (hardcore fans) got their way because of the cheap voting.

Its all fine but that my theory (my only 1 this series!!!) on why he won and not Jay or Alex :tongue:

Jords
12-11-2011, 12:01 AM
I second that jf, he had also beaten Jay twice anyway too in eviction battles so that's more weight to your point.

Aaron became unpopular with casual viewers (hence the crowd starting to boo) as the series went on. Forums dedicating their money topped him and won it for him.

Without forums I still think hed make the final, but not have topped after the first 2 times he was up.

Marmalite
12-11-2011, 12:05 AM

Oh dear - he was lucky to get runner up then.

Mumbles
12-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Aaron became unpopular with casual viewers (hence the crowd starting to boo) as the series went on. Forums dedicating their money topped him and won it for him.

Without forums I still think hed make the final, but not have topped after the first 2 times he was up.

Were Alex and Jay fans banned from starting internet campaigns for their faves? Have they all got some kind of impediment stopping them dedicating their money to vote for them on fb? Aaron obviously hasn't become so unpopular that casual viewers were inclined to vote enough for Jay or Alex to stop Aaron winning. I agree with FlamingG, a completely nonsense theory.

Niamh.
12-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Nah series is ended Im gutted for Alex but once its over I dont really care :laugh:

I was gob smacked when Alex was called 3rd :shocked: It was the first time I believed Aaron could win, I thought Alex had it in the bag

MTVN
12-11-2011, 12:11 AM
I dont fancy arguing (I know you wouldnt but others might post comment), shouldnt have made the thread because I sorta knew this would be the outcome and most would disagree with my point of view.

Anyway lll explain how I see it. I know the crowd only consists of, say 200-300 people? But every winner has been fully cheered (as it sounds on the TV) except Rachel but her boos were in the minority. This to me indicates that hes not THAT popular as the crowd drowned him with boos. I know its the crowd, and they are generally awful, but Aaron was cheered the first 2 times he was up... And like I said, winners have always been greeted with cheers.

Why do I think its down to the online campaigning? Theres been a lot of it on here and DS. Many members claiming to be voting loads using £20+... this is a lot of money to vote on a Reality TV show imo. It hasnt been successful before because the voting was dear so people didnt spend that much money. FB votes were only 7p this series so people took the opportunity to fork out knowing there money was worth more votes. Of course casual viewers will have used FB, and probably casted 5 more votes because of the cheapness or something, but not as much as the forum campaigners.

Its not a bad thing. The majority of the hardcore fans got their winner, not sour grapes or anything (maybe a little :tongue:), but I do think its what won Aaron, the FB vote system. Without Jay (maybe Alex) would have been the winner.

Just my thought, and I think the campaigners should be proud and not shy away... I said elsewhere if I was part of it Id be proper pleased.

It's an interesting argument, wonder how it would have turned out it all voting cost the same

Samuel.
12-11-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm sure Alex would have won if there were no Facebook voting.

I reckon Jay fans are just as guilty of voting hundreds times each as Aaron fans are.

Jords
12-11-2011, 12:13 AM
I like your honesty JF and Samuel :D

Roy Mars III
12-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Alex probably had more individual people vote for her, but Aaron and Jay fans probably voted more.

Mumbles
12-11-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm sure Alex would have won if there were no Facebook voting.

Why? What's different about Alex fans compared to Jay and Aaron fans?

joeysteele
12-11-2011, 12:16 AM

The crowd cheered for Jay the last 2 evictions he has been in and booed Aaron but he still topped the votes as he did tonight, the live show audience are very much out of step with the people who were actually voting.

Aaron hasn't lost any support, he won the most votes in every eviction battle he had and he won the most votes again tonight to win the show, he has in fact been the most popular as to voting throughout the entire series.

Mumbles
12-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Alex probably had more individual people vote for her, but Aaron and Jay fans probably voted more.

What are you basing that on?

Luke31
12-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Maybe just maybe, the eviction crowd mostly consists of teeny boppers, all there to cheer for the two ****ters, and the not so dumb blonde.

Aaron's support seems to consist of adults, who would rather stay at home and watch the telly, than mingle with screaming girls.

Niamh.
Aaron fans were clearly the more hardcore, dedicated bunch. Too bad Jay.

Jords
I was gob smacked when Alex was called 3rd :shocked: It was the first time I believed Aaron could win, I thought Alex had it in the bag

When Brian was announcing 3rd I had a gut feeling it was gonna be her, but I figure both Aaron and Jay fans were thinking the same? Was expecting her to be in the top 2 though :(

Niamh.
12-11-2011, 12:19 AM
When Brian was announcing 3rd I had a gut feeling it was gonna be her, but I figure both Aaron and Jay fans were thinking the same? Was expecting her to be in the top 2 though :(

Yeah, me too. I thought it would be Aaron and Alex, really thought she had more fans than Jay

Luke31
12-11-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm chuffed to bits that Alex didn't win.

Can anyone even remember what she done in the house?

Jords
12-11-2011, 12:21 AM
Why? What's different about Alex fans compared to Jay and Aaron fans?

If youve been on the forum longer, generally it is very out of sync with the casuals. I remember in BB10 Marcus was loved on here, not so much with the casuals (though they warmed to him towards the end). Not making excuses, just my thought. Im 1 of these BB fans when the series is over I dont give a toss and any bad blood through arguments is forgotten about on my side :)

kisywisy
12-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Jay had a massive online campaign , much bigger than Aarons. Truth is Jay damaged his chances with his behaviour and JayLoo's blatand vote grabbing present buy didnt help them

disagree. aaron had a far bigger online campaign. not saying that's a bad thing and well done to them, their campaigning really paid off

flamingGalah!
12-11-2011, 12:23 AM
I think you know exactly what Im on about, your not dumb :D
He wasnt a representative winner. But forums (hardcore fans) got their way because of the cheap voting.

Its all fine but that my theory (my only 1 this series!!!) on why he won and not Jay or Alex :tongue:

It only means there more fans of Jay etc.. in the crowd than fans of Aaron, the crowd is not representative of the voting public anyway, as has been the case the whole series...

Jay has a MASSIVE fan following of Facebook etc.. so I am sure they have been multiple voting too, but I still think Aaron had MORE fans overall & that is why he won...

My only surprise was that Jay came second & not Alex, so if anything it is HIS fans that went all out on voting loads & loads :D

StraightEdge695
12-11-2011, 12:23 AM
jealous much? its not aarons fault that alex fans didnt vote for her tbh i dont think she had much support anyway all the comments on facebook seemed to be about aaron and jay since day 1...

kisywisy
12-11-2011, 12:24 AM
If youve been on the forum longer, generally it is very out of sync with the casuals. I remember in BB10 Marcus was loved on here, not so much with the casuals (though they warmed to him towards the end). Not making excuses, just my thought. Im 1 of these BB fans when the series is over I dont give a toss and any bad blood through arguments is forgotten about on my side :)

marcus was kinda like aaron. he was loved by an awful lot of fm, but he was also hated by a lot of them

he probably could have won if there was a fb voting system then *shudders at the thought*

Jords
12-11-2011, 12:25 AM
disagree. aaron had a far bigger online campaign. not saying that's a bad thing and well done to them, their campaigning really paid off

:worship:

This was actually supposed to be a thread congratulating their success :L

halfacrown
12-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Aaron's fans focused on him from the word go. Far too many of the other housemates' fans focused on Aaron too but it was a negative focus. In the end they didn't get their votes out and the Aaron fans clearly did.

Jords
12-11-2011, 12:27 AM
marcus was kinda like aaron. he was loved by an awful lot of fm, but he was also hated by a lot of them

he probably could have won if there was a fb voting system then *shudders at the thought*

Yepp think there would be more of a chance although Siavash was also quite popular just not as much but had the casuals way on side too so Im not sure.

I loved Marcus myself :laugh:

kisywisy
12-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Maybe just maybe, the eviction crowd mostly consists of teeny boppers, all there to cheer for the two ****ters, and the not so dumb blonde.

Aaron's support seems to consist of adults, who would rather stay at home and watch the telly, than mingle with screaming girls.

urgh!! way to stereotype fans :nono: i'm ages with aaron and i heart jay sooooooooooo bad lol:elephant:

Luke31
12-11-2011, 12:29 AM
urgh!! way to stereotype fans :nono: i'm ages with aaron and i heart jay sooooooooooo bad lol:elephant:

I rest my case. :joker:

Mumbles
12-11-2011, 12:29 AM

That's not really answering the question. There's no bad blood or argument, I'm genuinely curious why Alex fans weren't able to use facebook to vote the same as Jay and Aaron fans, or why they couldn't start an internet campaign on forums? This theory has been posted several times now, by several different posters and I've yet to see a convincing explanation.

kisywisy
12-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Yepp think there would be more of a chance although Siavash was also quite popular just not as much but had the casuals way on side too so Im not sure.

I loved Marcus myself :laugh:

i loved him at the start but he soon creeped me out and had me shouting at my tv. hated the disrespect for bb from both him and siavash. idh my erse

i loved noirin lol!!!!! :dance:

Niamh.
12-11-2011, 12:34 AM
i loved him at the start but he soon creeped me out and had me shouting at my tv. hated the disrespect for bb from both him and siavash. idh my erse

I loved Noirin too :love: Aaron was the ultimate fan though, which was why I loved him!

kisywisy
12-11-2011, 12:37 AM
That's not really answering the question. There's no bad blood or argument, I'm genuinely curious why Alex fans weren't able to use facebook to vote the same as Jay and Aaron fans, or why they couldn't start an internet campaign on forums? This theory has been posted several times now, by several different posters and I've yet to see a convincing explanation.

he's talking about different types of hm have generally speaking, different types of fans.

aaron had a type of cult following. many people voted because they liked him, many voted because they wanted to '**** with bb', others voted coz they respected his game'. these hm fans aren't normally the ones to pick up the phone and vote to be honest. might sound silly, but they really don't. the hm with cult followings are discussed a hell of a lot on forums (on the internet) and by introducing online voting through fb at a REALLY cheap price, it's more inviting for the cult followers to organise a 'mass attack' with votes.

...probably doesn't make any sense, but can't quite explain it properly lol

kisywisy
12-11-2011, 12:38 AM
I rest my case. :joker:

ever heard of sarcasm?? :joker:

Visage
12-11-2011, 12:38 AM

Thank you Jords, that makes more sense and I know where you're coming from now. :wavey:

Jords
12-11-2011, 12:39 AM

Alex fans could, all fans could, and all fans did.
But it was Aaron who received forum campaigns, we get them every year and for evictions but Aaron received majority of it this series. Unlike casuals, forumers are hardcore fans who really want to see their favourite win, and because of cheap FB votes, it seemed more achievable this series and so they dipped their hands in their pockets a lot more.

Its not a crime, it was really well done and thats what Im saying. Forumers support the entertaining HMs and as Aaron was so central, he was the choice.

Jords
12-11-2011, 12:41 AM

Couldnt stand Noirin but she was a great HM for sure! Would have liked another 1-2 weeks of her but it was great when Marcus unexpectedly beat her :amazed:

Jords
12-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Thank you Jords, that makes more sense and I know where you're coming from now. :wavey:

Youre welcome :spin:

Niamh.
12-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Alex fans could, all fans could, and all fans did.
But it was Aaron who received forum campaigns, we get them every year and for evictions but Aaron received majority of it this series. Unlike casuals, forumers are hardcore fans who really want to see their favourite win, and because of cheap FB votes, it seemed more achievable this series and so they dipped their hands in their pockets a lot more.

Its not a crime, it was really well done and thats what Im saying. Forumers support the entertaining HMs and as Aaron was so central, he was the choice.

Oh Jordy, you're so lovely :love:

fredmeneedle
12-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Oh gawd, IF, IF, IF, If me auntie had had bollocks she'd have been me uncle....the best man won, end of

Jords
12-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Oh Jordy, you're so lovely :love:

So are you :love: :D

Oh gawd, IF, IF, IF, If me auntie had had bollocks she'd have been me uncle....the best man won, end of

Im not if-ing :idc:

Mumbles
12-11-2011, 12:59 AM
he's talking about different types of hm have generally speaking, different types of fans.

aaron had a type of cult following. many people voted because they liked him, many voted because they wanted to '**** with bb', others voted coz they respected his game'. these hm fans aren't normally the ones to pick up the phone and vote to be honest. might sound silly, but they really don't. the hm with cult followings are discussed a hell of a lot on forums (on the internet) and by introducing online voting through fb at a REALLY cheap price, it's more inviting for the cult followers to organise a 'mass attack' with votes.

...probably doesn't make any sense, but can't quite explain it properly lol

Lol. You're not alone, so far nobody's been able to explain it.

I appreciate different HMs have different types of fans, I've said the same myself, but ultimately it was Aaron that inspired such a cult following that the others obviously failed to do so, Aaron that generated the discussions on the internet. So fb votes or not, it still comes down to Aaron being more popular than the other HMs.

Anyhoo, it's all over now, we all get our lives back for a few weeks (longer in my case if Lauren Harries goes in CBB) and whatever anyone says or does now it's not going to change the result.

Cherie
12-11-2011, 09:43 AM

:joker:just about sums it up Fred.

Dokes
12-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Jay would have gone the week he shat in the fridge if they had shown it!

Aaron was always going to win because the UK public aren't idiots and can see through dodgy editing.

I really miss Russell Brand's unbiased presenting.

Angus
12-11-2011, 10:39 AM

Not our fault if Jay's fans don't know how to use facebook and/or are to mean to cough up 7p a vote:hmph: Every HM's fans had the same opportunities to mount a campaign and make their fave the winner, but it seems most are all talk and no action. Jay's mammy had the biggest campaign of all, but you can't polish a turd which is why he lost.

Some people even boast about never voting, yet fetch and whinge when their fave doesn't win. Or perhaps they think the voting fairy will do it for them?:bored: