PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Starr ate my maggots!

Omah
12-11-2011, 03:20 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2060550/Im-A-Celebrity--Get-Me-Out-Of-Here-Freddie-Starr-refused-insurance-amid-fears-health.html#ixzz1dSfk3FQO

Comedian Freddie Starr has thrown the new series of I’m A Celebrity into chaos after being refused insurance amid fears for his health.

Frantic ITV producers were desperately trying to strike last-minute negotiations to allow the 68-year-old star to join the rest of the celebrity campers on the jungle reality series.

While nine of the ten celebrities met up for the first time at a plush private villa on the Australian Gold Coast, Starr was AWOL.

Instead of joining his fellow campers on the start of their quest to the jungle camp, the comedian sat by his hotel pool with an ITV producer waiting to hear his fate.

The wacky star looked happy as he sipped coffee and smoked cigarettes.

At first, Starr’s no show at the first meeting of the jungle celebrities was thought to be down to the comic’s ill health.

He had already admitted that his TV jungle stint would see him getting his first strenuous exercise since undergoing a quadruple heart bypass surgery last year.

However, when the comic was approached by reporters concerned for his health, the 68-year-old declared: 'I’m alright. There’s no scare. It’s all down to paperwork.'

He jokingly screamed, 'Armaggedon,' referring to the way that his non-entry into the show had thrown the series into chaos.

It appears that ITV bosses failed to secure insurance before he flew out to Australia.

The delayed paperwork had taken longer than expected, and now the producers are worried that the comedian may not make it into the jungle.

:idc:

King Gizzard
12-11-2011, 03:25 AM
Would of been one of the main celebs as well :/

yey pat sharp...!

http://www.kyrene.org/staff/hraaf/images/Tumbleweed.gif

Kerry
12-11-2011, 03:28 AM
Jeezus

Roy Mars III
12-11-2011, 11:58 AM
:bored:

Saph
12-11-2011, 12:35 PM
I dont like him but id rather have him over Pat Sharp anyday

LaLaLand
12-11-2011, 01:32 PM
They should have thought about this weeks ago. Poor on ITV's part really.

Hope he gets to go in in a few days though just walking in so he doesn't exert himself, he's got so much potential and I'd love to see him back to his former glory. Don't really care if he can't do most tasks as long as he's entertaining in the camp.

Omah
12-11-2011, 03:19 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/11/12/i-m-a-celebrity-2011-freddie-starr-is-on-his-way-into-jungle-after-insurance-blunder-115875-23556419/#ixzz1dVailO2N

Comic Freddie Starr is on his way into the I'm A Celebrity jungle, a show insider said today.

His inclusion was in doubt after a paperwork mix up threatened to end his involvement in the ITV show before it began.

Yesterday the 68-year-old could not accompany the other contestants as they flew by helicopter to an overnight camp in the Australian bush.

An insurance form detailing his recovery from heart surgery had not been lodged in time.

But today he was on his way to join the I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! brigade.

A show insider said: "The problem now seems to have been overcome and Freddie's on his way into the jungle."

It was originally feared Starr's absence from the rest of the contestants was because of ill health.

But he told the Daily Mirror: "I'm all right. There's no health scare.

"It's all down to paperwork."

He said he had seen a doctor.

"Yes, it was about my baby," he said.

"I'm pregnant. I'm about six months gone."

He told the paper he hoped to lose a few stone in the jungle - where contestants face challenges of eating various creepy crawlies - because he currently weighs "about 56 stone".

The latest I'm A Celebrity... series starts tomorrow.

:thumbs:

LaLaLand
12-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Thank God! He'll be great.

Incensed
12-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Funny comedian but I couldn't stand him when he was on Celebrity Wife Swap!

Gillian-73
12-11-2011, 04:27 PM
My mum knew him when they were kids! bit of useless information for you lol :D

Saph
12-11-2011, 05:47 PM
publicity stunt :idc:

Incensed
12-11-2011, 09:50 PM
My mum knew him when they were kids! bit of useless information for you lol :D

That's quite cool :hugesmile:

icecakes
12-11-2011, 10:08 PM
He must have got in
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2060845/Im-A-Celebrity--Get-Me-Out-Of-Here-2011-Freddie-Starr-forced-eat-meal-creepy-crawlies.html

Omah
12-11-2011, 10:28 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2060845/Im-A-Celebrity--Get-Me-Out-Of-Here-2011-Freddie-Starr-forced-eat-meal-creepy-crawlies.html#ixzz1dXKijgEk

Comedian becomes first victim of I'm A Celebrity as he's forced to eat a meal of creepy crawlies

They're used to living the high life, eating at fancy restaurants and sipping the finest champagne.

But Freddie Starr was forced to trade in exquisite delicacies to chomp on creepy crawlies for his first I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! task.

The British comedian, 68, put on a brave show for the stomach-churning Bushtucker Trial that saw him come face-to-face with wriggly maggots.

Starr took the challenge in his stride, saying: 'I don't blame anyone. It was just one of those things.'

Fellow contestants, including Mark Wright and Antony Cotton, were made to face their fears as they jumped out of a plane.

Starr was exempt for the high-adrenaline activity as he underwent a quadruple heart bypass last year and it was though to be too dangerous.

:joker:

LaLaLand
12-11-2011, 11:10 PM
This is like karma for his "An Audience with..." show where he chucked maggots all over the audience lmao.

Omah
14-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Starr's performance was pathetic ..... :rolleyes: