PDA

View Full Version : Folks who say 'how did he win if he got boos just don't get it.

alex_front2
12-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Vote to save / win means HMs can pretty much act how they want and are more likely to stay in/ win rather than the bores and radar dodgers.

In the past a controversial/ game playing/ non-nicey wicey HM would have been evicted or lost (Rex, Victor, Makosi, Adele) or even ejected (Nick) it is now possible for these HMs to survive and in Aaron's case...win. If you hate someone like Aaron then you have to vote for whoever he's up against eg Tashie in week 1 or Heaven in week 3 but she may annoy you too, hence Aaron stays as his fans vote to keep him. Tashie and co don't really have a fan base. The more times Aaron is kept in the more his fan base is affirmed. So haters can't really kick him out, all they can do is boo :tongue:

MaratSafinForever
12-11-2011, 01:03 PM
It wasn't a case of that, really. It was a case of having the crowd filled full of thick chavy teenagers who were obviously going to warm to one of their own, in the other three.

In a way, it made the victory even sweeter. I thoroughly enjoyed their anger.

waterhog
12-11-2011, 03:20 PM
i understand what ypu are saying < but if BB wants to carry on i am quite sure they will not want one more final like this < thats why a vote to evict has to come back < and to be sure < i think they should let a non biassed team count the votes so we are all sure it is right < how dose that sound.

Samuel.
12-11-2011, 03:25 PM
The crowd wasn't exactly big. Don't know why people expect about 200 people to represent a million odd peoples views. Ridiculous that people come to the conclusion it must be a fix because he received boos, and be like "he's obviously not who the public wanted to win".

And it's always been vote to win on the final week :suspect:

Blink_Me
12-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah, Jay's family and friends just packed the bus from Newcastle. The Lord was right. :D

dizzy bint
12-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't think Aaron was that popular amongst the viewing public and from that respect the crowd did represent their views.

I looked at Twitter feed #BBUK every night in the last week or so and there was very little support for Aaron there. Even my own son texted me that he really disliked Aaron.

I think they got complacent though and assumed either Alex or Jay would win so they did not bother voting. The hardcore Aaron fans voted a lot and he won.

That was how come he won even though he got boos. IMHO of course.

Samuel.
12-11-2011, 03:38 PM
He did get a lot of love on the Facebook articles and videos though. A lot of hate too, but 90% of the "X to win" were for Aaron.

alex_front2
12-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Aaron won because you can't get rid of someone that you hate, only try and keep their rivals in.

thesheriff443
12-11-2011, 03:43 PM
aaron won with cheap face book votes by the same people voteing many times!

lucyann
12-11-2011, 03:45 PM
:hugesmile:
Apart from the odd few people i know who watch the show most of them liked Aaron better, Jay was disliked by everyone. Alex was liked but people i suppose liked Aaron more. Shame Alex didn't come second though she did make me laugh.

Vicky.
12-11-2011, 03:46 PM
The crowd wasn't exactly big. Don't know why people expect about 200 people to represent a million odd peoples views. Ridiculous that people come to the conclusion it must be a fix because he received boos, and be like "he's obviously not who the public wanted to win".

And it's always been vote to win on the final week :suspect:

And many of the people saying this were saying that the forum polls dont represent the viewers' opinions...because they dont have enough votes on them to represent 1m+ viewers opinions.

Our poll had like 4k votes...which is 20x the size of that crowd, and Aaron was leading by a considerable margin :whistle:

connie
12-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Aaron won because when it came to the bullie tactics of Jay/Anton and kept his cool and walked away from arguements. Bitter sweet as far as i'm concerned.

lucyann
12-11-2011, 03:47 PM
aaron won with cheap face book votes by the same people voteing many times!

Awww come on didn't Jay, Alex and Louise have the same chance then or is facebook voting only for Aaron ? :joker:

connie
12-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Awww come on didn't Jay, Alex and Louise have the same chance then or is facebook voting only for Aaron ? :joker:

No different from the phone.:joker:

Blink_Me
12-11-2011, 03:52 PM
He dominated every forum poll for who people wanted to win, so I don't understand how people can say it was a fix. Also, he beat Jay everytime in the vote.

alex_front2
12-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Why would FB favour Aaron?

Cherie
12-11-2011, 04:03 PM

Didnt you know Alex...Aaron was the only one you could vote for on FB...all the other HMs you had to pick up the fone..:joker:..having said that it doesnt sit well with the anti brigades assertion that it was the blue rinse brigade voting for Aaron...surely they would be dialing out on their old fashioned land lines...... then there is the assertion that Aaron fans spent their money wildly....mortgaging their homes, selling their gran kids into slavery.... offering their bodies on street corners to earn a few bob to chuck at C5...

thesheriff443
12-11-2011, 04:04 PM

its not about facebook in favour of aaron!,its the same thing in life what makes you want to do something!,ie vote!,people got behind arron beacuse he was seen as the underdog! the more aaron was attacked the more determined his fans where to vote for him,the more you tell someone they are wrong the further they will go to prove they are right!

CaPPa
12-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Aaron won because you can't get rid of someone that you hate, only try and keep their rivals in.

The final has always been a vote to win, at that point you should be voting for who you like, not hating.

You could say also say the same about every single other BB winner, they only won because people didn't like who they were up against more.

Novo
12-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Topped every single poll on every big brother website for as long as i can remember
Got the most liked comments on the facebook page
was heavily backed all the way through the series
even though Jay had around 7,500 members in his facebook group they never posted as near as much as the Aaron group who had about 550 members.. Aaron fans simply voted for him more and most Jay & Alex fans watched casually and a % of them would never have voted, Aaron fans on the other hand well i can't think of one Aaron fan on this forum or on Facebook that never voted for him.. looking back Locke was probably right when he said in another thread he won by over 50%

Samuel.
12-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Be interesting to see just how many votes he received, with so many voting hundreds of times. Probably comparable to some of the winners during Big Brothers prime.

Novo
12-11-2011, 06:16 PM
With facebook voting the forums will dictate who wins the normal series of big brother not sure about the celebrity one twice as many people vote

Scotty07
12-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Aaron winning should have given BB the kick up the backside that was needed. It will make people think twice about going on and thinking all they have to do to win is pretend they are thick.

Cherie
12-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Aaron winning should have given BB the kick up the backside that was needed. It will make people think twice about going on and thinking all they have to do to win is pretend they are thick.

Here Here

Kazanne
12-11-2011, 06:48 PM
It wasn't a case of that, really. It was a case of having the crowd filled full of thick chavy teenagers who were obviously going to warm to one of their own, in the other three.

In a way, it made the victory even sweeter. I thoroughly enjoyed their anger.

THIS^I did see several Aaron posters in the crowd but the thwarted, obviously drowned them out,or maybe they kept their dignity and kept quiet

Cherie
12-11-2011, 07:01 PM
THIS^I did see several Aaron posters in the crowd but the thwarted, obviously drowned them out,or maybe they kept their dignity and kept quiet

I watched Aarons exit back today and while they were waiting for Brian to announce the winner the crowd could clearly be heard chanting Aaron...so whether they were confused and wanted him out 2nd or wanted him to win who knows...:joker:

boomoo
12-11-2011, 07:28 PM
its not about facebook in favour of aaron!,its the same thing in life what makes you want to do something!,ie vote!,people got behind arron beacuse he was seen as the underdog! the more aaron was attacked the more determined his fans where to vote for him,the more you tell someone they are wrong the further they will go to prove they are right!

Exactly, you are the only person to say this.
That is why his friend Richard said he was a game player using Faye. What happened, thousands more votes. People saying with 'friends like that'. The crowd was manipulated again.

However the best for me was BB played a masterstroke and halved the prize money. Aaron's face fell and it stayed that way for the whole of the last week. He still wanted £10K more from the rest of them.
I thought each one of them deserved a share and I hope BB does this sort of thing with the money next year.
They did say that the housemates had to get the housemates in the correct order. This part seemed to have been dropped.