PDA

View Full Version : Aaron I'm confused, did he have a gameplan?

Bluerang1
13-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Sorry I'm watching the final now. Aaron said he didn't have a gameplan, maybe to save face, but I thought on week one he said he did in the Diary Room? I just wanted to get something clear.

Jords
13-11-2011, 02:50 AM
I dont think anybody knows :joker:

Novo
13-11-2011, 02:51 AM
It will always be a mystery

Maia
13-11-2011, 02:52 AM
He didn't. As he said, if he did it was a terrible one because he was always facing eviction.

King Gizzard
13-11-2011, 02:53 AM
If he had a gameplan it must of been a ****e one cause he got in a relationship, probably the biggest no-no

Jords
13-11-2011, 02:54 AM
He didn't. As he said, if he did it was a terrible one because he was always facing eviction.

His gameplan could be to fool the public rather than the HMs

I dont think he did personally, he was a plonk with Faye but I think theres genuine feeling somewhere. And he seriously needs to work on his childish temperament... otherwise hes alright.

Bluerang1
13-11-2011, 02:54 AM
Ok thanks :)

Angus
13-11-2011, 06:45 AM
Yes, his game plan was to be himself warts and all. He didn't try to curry favour with the viewers by being all sweetness and light when he was peed off, he didn't feel the need to join a childish gang with Jay & co to feel big and important, he didn't feel the need to be anything less than honest about his views even if it meant upsetting some, he was totally himself and clearly a lot of us appreciated that. He was quirky, geeky, eccentric, stroppy, sensitive, emotional, funny, intelligent, kind and loyal (never once nommed Faye did he?).

All I know is that he was the sole reason I stuck with the show for 9 weeks, as he was always the centre of everything and he always entertained me even when he was stroppy, because he was p*ssing off the neanderthal and his trolls.

G1dds
13-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Yes, his game plan was to be himself warts and all. He didn't try to curry favour with the viewers by being all sweetness and light when he was peed off, he didn't feel the need to join a childish gang with Jay & co to feel big and important, he didn't feel the need to be anything less than honest about his views even if it meant upsetting some, he was totally himself and clearly a lot of us appreciated that. He was quirky, geeky, eccentric, stroppy, sensitive, emotional, funny, intelligent, kind and loyal (never once nommed Faye did he?).

All I know is that he was the sole reason I stuck with the show for 9 weeks, as he was always the centre of everything and he always entertained me even when he was stroppy, because he was p*ssing off the neanderthal and his trolls.

^This - My thoughts exactly

Kazanne
13-11-2011, 10:10 AM
I agree with Angus,I also think Aaron went in with some sort of gameplan as he thought it was going to be easier in there than it was,he was himself and didn't bargain for falling for Faye,I think he was great as a housemate ,an enigma that people could just not work out.

Visage
13-11-2011, 10:17 AM
I think it's best to ignore what is said in the VT or even in the first week about any of the housemates.

They might go in there with some sort of game plan but as the weeks go by that usually falls apart.

I used to get wound up about housemates VTs in earlier shows always getting annoyed that they didn't live up to them, until I realised it was all about saying anything just to get into the house.

Also housemates opinions of other housemates is always going to be very different to how they view them weeks later.

Tourmaline
13-11-2011, 10:20 AM

Well said :thumbs:

TheManWhoLaughs
13-11-2011, 10:24 AM
His gameplan was to fool angus58. Very cunning.

Angus
13-11-2011, 10:30 AM
His gameplan was to fool angus58. Very cunning.

Coming from someone who supports the forgettable, repulsive, skanky Rebeckah, I'd have to assume it's you that's more than a tad deluded:laugh:

Jake.
13-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Coming from someone who supports the forgettable, repulsive, skanky Rebeckah, I'd have to assume it's you that's more than a tad deluded:laugh:

To be fair, even though she was vile, what a legend of a housemate (not anymore though, her twitter account has made that perfectly clear)

BBFanDan
13-11-2011, 11:25 AM
I don't think he did, he just knew BB too well, he even said if he was playing a game it would of been a crap one because he was stroppy and moaning quiet a bit.

TheManWhoLaughs
13-11-2011, 11:26 AM

Aaron is my second favourite winner, so don't be hating I was only joking :dance:

Seriously though, I think he largely won for being a bit ambiguous - fans of dramatic trainwreck gameplayers could get behind him, as could the more conversative, old-school fans of the "good guy"-style old winners.

Cherie
13-11-2011, 11:27 AM
He obviously played a game to get into the BB House, taking on a different persona, once he got in the house I think he was completely himself as his attitude didnt change from day 1 really, there were times when I thought he was playing a game in the early stages, but then with all the strops and moods, its not a way to win over the public but I think most of his fans saw that as a positive in that he didnt hide his feelings and coped with things in a non aggressive way. Alex on the other hand, she never stopped smiling in the house, she looked like she had been hit by a bus on Finale night. Well grumpy.

alex_front2
21-11-2011, 06:56 PM
He obviously played a game to get into the BB House, taking on a different persona, once he got in the house I think he was completely himself as his attitude didnt change from day 1 really, there were times when I thought he was playing a game in the early stages, but then with all the strops and moods, its not a way to win over the public but I think most of his fans saw that as a positive in that he didnt hide his feelings and coped with things in a non aggressive way. Alex on the other hand, she never stopped smiling in the house, she looked like she had been hit by a bus on Finale night. Well grumpy.

Half the fun was trying to work out if he was game playing or not as he was highly nebulous, ambiguous and often enigmatic.

It's well documented that I am an Aaron supporter but he was blatantly using a game plan and I APPLAUD him for it.

But Aaron's spent 10 years getting on the show (he was in the same 2002 pre-BB HM pool as Jade Goody, Lee and Kate Lawler). He has auditioned for 3 other subsequent series, he knows what works and what doesn't. He knows what gets air times. He knows that on paper a middle-class smart guy like himself is going to find it hard to get air time without a bit of contrivance, he also knows a middle-class smart guy like himself is going to find it hard to popularity against BB cliches such as Alex (ditzy blond with big boobs), cheaky chappy Mark and 'down to earth Northerner' Jay unless he puts a bit of effort in. He already talked about Nasty Nick and Makosi being amongst his favourite HMs. He gently blended a bit of Nasty Nick's game playing and Makosi's air time grabbing theatrics without going overboard.

Aaron knows he can't be 100% nicey wicey Mr Happy House as Alex has that schtick sewn up and as a dizzy nicey wicey blond would have beaten him. He had to be different and stand out from the crowd, and he did. Going against the grain on the present buying, on the Toy Task, on the RnB dance party etc.

He handled the Maisy-kiss situation with aplomb, really gaining sympathy and making us go 'oh poor Aaron, all he did is kiss a girl in bed'

Aaron knows the psychology in changing the vote to vote to save. I don't believe for a second that he wasn't aware of the change. He'll know that flying under the radar no longer guarantees success in vote to save. In fact being up for eviction is a good thing now, as it constantly put Aaron on the HL and showed his value. Aaron understood this even more than some of the people working on BB such as Emma W, Jeff Brazier and Alice Lavine. He cleverly quashed the other HMs from getting too much air time ie sabotaging Tom's cleaning secret task, making sure he was the focus of the Toy Factory task, increasing the romance with Faye when JayLou threatened to take things to the next level.

Aaron's personality changed after day 3 or 4. He came into the house to boos after the 'arrogant' launch night VT and defiantly teased the booing crowd. He entered the house with a really cocky persona but by about day 4 he softened, changing his image too changing his hair style to look less brash and stopped wearing designer clothes, but cosy 'nicey' knit wear). He wasn't that geeky camp on first couple of nights then by day 3 he was all 'oh dear', floppy hands, flustering about. The Aaron who entered the house somehow looks like a different person to the guy who left.

I noticed Aaron's cockiness as I was worried initially that he was going to lead my favourite Mark astray with 'laddish' behaviour :joker:. Aaron was eyeing up all the girls, especially Maisy (still think they fancied each other but only didn't get together as Faye threw a hissy fit over the kiss) and he initally liked Louise. I even think he even was tapping up Tashie on day 2 for a show-mance then realised she was annoying and inane. He worried that he may come across as the serious 'oldie' HM so he did the most outrageous thing to show us he could shock and be wild - he played gay chicken kiss with Tom. Bang. Aaron went from the guy who refused to jump into the pool on day 3 to Mr Funtime. One minute he would refuse to join in with anything too silly, but loved to dance and get naked!!

And this is where his game plan was clever and dangerous. Aaron WANTED to be up for eviction most weeks, in week 1 - it was his way of testing where he was with the pubic. There's no point in doing a 'Tom' i.e. sailing all the way to the final without being up for nominations only to discover the public hate you, think you're a d*ck or are indifferent. Being up for eviction meant he was in the HL and the one everyone was talking about.

Alex wanted Alex for the final not because he liked her, but because he wanted to split the anti-Aaron/ Geordie vote.

Aaron didn't care if people hated him for the strops and huffs as he knew you can't vote him out. You can only vote to keep his nomination rivals in. So if you hate Aaron in week 1 you'd have to spend money keeping Tashie in and who would bother to do that other than really hardcore Aaron haters!

alex_front2
21-11-2011, 07:23 PM

Who's Rebeckah?

Marmalite
21-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Don't think he actually said he had a gameplan did he? What I remember him saying in the diary room right in the beginning is that BB was a game and that every single one of them including him will be playing the game.

But I think you have to remember that nearly everyone walks into the BB house with a gameplan but that's before they actually meet any of the other HM's. Also being in the house is completely different to sitting on the couch and watching everything that everyone is saying and doing so gameplans can come easy.

MTVN
21-11-2011, 11:24 PM

Surely if his gameplan is to be himself then it isn't really a gameplan, you're not playing much of a game by doing that anyway

Niamh.
22-11-2011, 09:13 AM
I don't think he had a game plan as such. He did say that they were playing a game in the diary room once at the start, but I think he just meant that Big Brother itself is a game..........which it is, so in effect they're all playing a game. I think he was good at reading other people and situations and was sometimes able to use that to his advantage but I don't think he invented a particular character, that he thought was the perfect formula of a type of person, to win the show, if he did, then the one he invented was incredibly complex and he must be some sort of genius to have worked out that sulking was part of being a winning contestant.

daniel-lewis-1985
22-11-2011, 10:09 AM

Yet in week 1 he said he did have a plan to win and after the show he admitted he would rehearse funny lines to say in the diary room as he knew it would win the public over and make the viewers laugh.

He did have a gameplan.

He was still a brilliant housemate though.

daniel-lewis-1985
22-11-2011, 10:13 AM

Erm Rebeckah made 200k off the back of BB lol.

She was also a brilliant housemate. Every series needs a BB b!tch and she was a grade A bitch.

showtime77
24-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Erm Rebeckah made 200k off the back of BB lol.

She was also a brilliant housemate. Every series needs a BB b!tch and she was a grade A bitch.
Amen to that!:joker: