PDA

View Full Version : C5 should be ashamed of themselves making such a cheap tacky bb

icecakes
13-11-2011, 10:29 PM
compared to I'm a celeb, I'll bet I'm a celeb spent as much money just getting

them to the jungle as C5 spent on the whole of bb, and the new presenter on now, is so much better than Brian dowling, and the whole bbbos idiots

Ryan.
13-11-2011, 10:35 PM
ITV has millions and millions to chuck at the show. C5 is a relatively poor channel. Don't judge the show based entirely on how "glitzy" it looks, for all we know this years IAC will be ****.

Tregard
13-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Tbh I think Celebrity BB had a better line-up then IMACGMOOH, and that's saying something

armand.kay
13-11-2011, 10:41 PM
And Alice is a fab presenter :love: the others could do with more help and brian should just sit down...

icecakes
13-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Is C4 rich, they did a much better job, they actually spent money on good tasks

and the contestants were treated with respect, when they came out

Visage
13-11-2011, 10:44 PM
It's not always about the cost of a show (or movie) it's about the content too.

Tregard
13-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Is C4 rich, they did a much better job, they actually spent money on good tasks

and the contestants were treated with respect, when they came out

C4 has a good deal more funding than C5, also I feel C5 were at a disadvantage with have 11 series' worth of tasks already used, creativity was low this series, but they didn't have a lot to work with.

icecakes
13-11-2011, 10:48 PM
It's not always about the cost of a show (or movie) it's about the content too.
Exactly apart from Aaron it was rubbish, more like an hour at butlins holiday camp, in fact that would have been more entertaining:hugesmile:

Mystic Mock
13-11-2011, 10:48 PM
C5 could have brought something different to the table with BB this year,but instead they decided to turn it into those scripted reality shows like TOWIE and MIC.

Glenn.
13-11-2011, 10:50 PM
I thought this years CBB had one of the best line ups in years.

icecakes
13-11-2011, 10:54 PM
I thought this years CBB had one of the best line ups in years.

The line up was good it's what C5 did with the show was all wrong

icecakes
13-11-2011, 10:55 PM
C5 could have brought something different to the table with BB this year,but instead they decided to turn it into those scripted reality shows like TOWIE and MIC.

Exactly jedward,:thumbs:

MTVN
14-11-2011, 12:16 AM
C5 aren't really "poor" compared to 4, Desmond spent £200m buying the show and they had the most surveillance equipment they've ever had on BB series to date apparently

Matt
14-11-2011, 12:25 AM
C5 aren't really "poor" compared to 4, Desmond spent £200m buying the show and they had the most surveillance equipment they've ever had on BB series to date apparently

Not to mention TOWIE's Amy Childs reportedly got £200k for CBB whereas TOWIE's Mark Wright is reportedly only getting £60k for IAC

Lex
14-11-2011, 12:44 AM
In my opinion, channel 5 has done a pretty good job !...Every bit as good as ch 4....in fact it was as though I was still watching BB on ch 4!! Nothing has changed whatsoever! :xyxwave:

And as for this Brian Dowling hate?....you're crazy!...Brian was born to present BB!...He's the most natural and likeable successor to Davina possible! :thumbs:

Can you not see that???? :conf:

icecakes
14-11-2011, 01:44 AM
In my opinion, channel 5 has done a pretty good job !...Every bit as good as ch 4....in fact it was as though I was still watching BB on ch 4!! Nothing has changed whatsoever! :xyxwave:

And as for this Brian Dowling hate?....you're crazy!...Brian was born to present BB!...He's the most natural and likeable successor to Davina possible! :thumbs:

No my old china I carnt see that, dont like him at all, sorry but he's past his sell buy date :xyxwave:

supergirthuk
14-11-2011, 02:12 AM
I was hugely disappointed too. I wanted Brian to turn it around but after show two or three he levelled out. I thought the presentation was poor throughout. Levine and East were obnoxious and awful. Probably the only one I could take was Willis but I felt her bad language was gratuitous and ladelled on. There was just no need.

The girl on I'm a Celeb Now was excellent. Then again she had to be following Caroline Flack. Very odd wardrobe though, as did Flacky. I thought she looked a bit of a Bush Hooker to be honest. That said, so did Brian (When did he get so conceited?).

Mac Hiavellian
14-11-2011, 06:01 AM
IMO CBB8 had better housemates than IAC's current line up and based on how last night's IAC yet again repeated the Snake Rock vs Croc Creek divide 6 years running I'm pleased BB and CBB still tried fresh stuff this year. Ok, so maybe the twists of havign Gem as a new HM and the rip off of the BB5 bed sit weren't the best twists, but BB still manages to be different each year

waterhog
14-11-2011, 10:55 AM
i agree < BB needs massive changes to compete < ie putting people with brains in and doing phoyocligica mind games with the HM < after all that is what BB is about. but i dont think ch5 have picked up on this yet.

alex_front2
14-11-2011, 11:01 AM
BB1 was done on a budget.

CharlieO
14-11-2011, 11:02 AM
C5 ruined BB forever. I hope it just never comes back. Sadly there are two more seasons to ruin it further before it'll finally be gone forever.

I wish it had just been left 3-5 years and C4 pick it up again like Shipwrecked.

Kazelle
14-11-2011, 04:11 PM

I agree with you.
I've loved this series and loved the Celebrity series also.
I know it's not as professionaly done as C4 but I kinda liked that feel to it.. I thought the tasks were pretty good but I think they definately need to harden up on the housemates, they had it way too easy.We need live feeds though I was disappointed at the editing.
As for Brian I think he did ok. I'm sure he'll get better and better as time goes on. I prefer him to how Davina was the last few series of C4, I found her cringeworthy at times.

Tom
14-11-2011, 04:48 PM
They seem to have spent all of the money on the house and the eviction set and forgot about everything else. If they didn't bother updating outside of the house they would have had more money for better things. when it comes to the eviction set, less is definitely more. All it needed was a crowd all at floor level, a screen and a pretty front door. It had more atmosphere with the housemates at crowd level, platforms and tents should only be used on the final night. Brian didn't help with the cheap image either and is most likely one of the cheapest hosts on TV.

I don't understand how they spent £100m on this years series and it ended up like something from a digital channel in 1995. I know most of the £100m will be profit in Endemol's pocket but still.

icecakes
14-11-2011, 09:57 PM
They seem to have spent all of the money on the house and the eviction set and forgot about everything else. If they didn't bother updating outside of the house they would have had more money for better things. when it comes to the eviction set, less is definitely more. All it needed was a crowd all at floor level, a screen and a pretty front door. It had more atmosphere with the housemates at crowd level, platforms and tents should only be used on the final night. Brian didn't help with the cheap image either and is most likely one of the cheapest hosts on TV.

I don't understand how they spent £100m on this years series and it ended up like something from a digital channel in 1995. I know most of the £100m will be profit in Endemol's pocket but still.
I agree Tom, I thought it was better when they did the interviews in the studio

away from the booing morons, the housemates seemed more relaxed, and probably felt a lot safer.