PDA

View Full Version : Not enuf Americans.

lostalex
14-11-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm disappointed. Last year we only had the playboy girl, Kayla, but at least she was fiesty and wound up dom which was fun. I think Stephanie won't be good.

I find it hard to watch IAC without any Americans to root for. I've never heard of any of these "celebrities". It's very UK-centric.

David Gest, Janice Dickinson, Martina Navratalova, George Takei, they were all amazing.... I don't think Stephanie can live up to their legacy as awesome Americans on the show.

The year George Hamilton was on, i couldn't watch it anymore after he left.

IAC casting producers need to get back to the eccentric Americans for next season please.

stewart64
14-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm disappointed. Last year we only had the playboy girl, Kayla, but at least she was fiesty and wound up dom which was fun. I think Stephanie won't be good.

I find it hard to watch IAC without any Americans to root for. I've never heard of any of these "celebrities". It's very UK-centric.

David Gest, Janice Dickinson, Martina Navratalova, George Takei, they were all amazing.... I don't think Stephanie can live up to their legacy as awesome Americans on the show.

The year George Hamilton was on, i couldn't watch it anymore after he left.

IAC casting producers need to get back to the eccentric Americans for next season please.

Stephanie must have been in for quite a shock as it dawned on her that she was stuck with a bunch of UK C-listers and clearly hadn't heard of any of them, and some of the UK audience hadn't heard of some of them either. Freddie Star is about the biggest UK name, but very much a National icon and not an international one.

King Gizzard
14-11-2011, 10:25 AM
http://static.whatsontv.co.uk/images/gallery_thumbnail/IAC_GEORGE_HAMILTON_05.jpg

Niamh.
14-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Well, it is a British show, I don't see lots of British people in US shows either.

Callum
14-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Well, it is a British show, I don't see lots of British people in US shows either.

Agreed

King Gizzard
14-11-2011, 11:04 AM
The best ever contestant and if you disagree I will fight you.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00624/George-Takei_180_624776a.jpg

SoBig
14-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Was just going to type this. You have to be an American citizen to be a contestant on a US reality show.

Niamh.
14-11-2011, 11:08 AM

Gino was the best contestant ever http://www.lotterypost.com/emoticons/boxing_smiley.gif

King Gizzard
14-11-2011, 11:09 AM
No, Gino, Stu, and Sabrina were all cockends

Niamh.
14-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Everyone loves a bit of Gino, Nathan :idc:

King Gizzard
14-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Except rats

Jordan.
14-11-2011, 06:57 PM

:worship:

Locke.
14-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Need to get Coolio in there next year

Vicky.
14-11-2011, 07:00 PM

Was just going to type this. You have to be an American citizen to be a contestant on a US reality show.

:thumbs:

Saph
14-11-2011, 07:24 PM
I dont think it matters if their American or not :/ just depends of if they're entertaining.

Although Janice WAS the most entertaining contestant ever :blush2: hope shes on IACGMOOH NOW this year :amazed:

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 07:42 PM
It's a UK show, shown by a UK TV company, for a UK audience, with UK telephone numbers, hosted by UK presenters..... unless it's been given a new title of International IACGMOOH?

They normally bring in one or two Americans to up the ratings a bit and to help it appeal to a bigger market I'd assume.

Perhaps you should write to American TV companies / American Production companies LostAlex - and suggest they come up with their own show, then you can root for as many American celebs as you want.

Seems reasonable to me.

Doogle
14-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Would you rather 2 American bores instead of 2 Brits with massive personalities?

HBB1508
15-11-2011, 12:01 PM
I don't mind the odd American on the show especially if they are well known over here but it is a UK show so I wouldn't want them outweighing our lot.

LemonJam
15-11-2011, 12:04 PM

Seconded <3

Roy Mars III
15-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Need to get Coolio in there next year

Would be amazing :worship:

lostalex
15-11-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm not talking about what british people want!!!, i'm speaking for myself, as an American watching show, it's hard for me to watch without any eccentric fabulous Americans to root for.

I never said American reality shows had Brits on them. obviously any Brits that made it in America would not need to demean themselves by doing a reality shows.

I would like to see some AMERICAN-BRITISH stars in the jungle though, like Ruby Wax or Rich Hall.

Pyramid*
15-11-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm not talking about what british people want!!!, i'm speaking for myself, as an American watching show, it's hard for me to watch without any eccentric fabulous Americans to root for.

I never said American reality shows had Brits on them. obviously any Brits that made it in America would not need to demean themselves by doing a reality shows.

I would like to see some AMERICAN-BRITISH stars in the jungle though, like Ruby Wax or Rich Hall.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. :conf:

It's a tv show based for UK audiences. We don't moan like hell about American shows that don't have Brits on them. Go turn over to one of the hundreds of other american shows that you have access to - that way, you'll know the people.

Smithy
15-11-2011, 12:30 PM

It's a british show, made for british people, noone cares what any americans watching want :nono:

Callum
15-11-2011, 12:33 PM

ITV do not care what you or any other American wants. Its a British show made for British people full of mainly British celebrities. If you don't like it, why watch it?

lostalex
15-11-2011, 12:35 PM
ITV do not care what you or any other American wants. Its a British show made for British people full of mainly British celebrities. If you don't like it, why watch it?

i watch it because i like the show, and i care to make it better. why am i being crucified for wishing the show was better?

I am a fan, as a fan i have opinions, and i won't apologize for my opinions.

OOOPS i care about it, shame on me.

Callum
15-11-2011, 12:39 PM
i watch it because i like the show, and i care to make it better. why am i being crucified for wishing the show was better?

I am a fan, as a fan i have opinions, and i won't apologize for my opinions.

OOOPS i care about it, shame on me.

You are criticising the show but the point is ITV do not care what you think or any other American, you're not the target audience. It's catered to a British audience.

lostalex
15-11-2011, 12:41 PM
You are criticising the show but the point is ITV do not care what you think or any other American, you're not the target audience. It's catered to a British audience.

sucks for me. *cries hysterically*

Niamh.
15-11-2011, 12:45 PM
OMG my opinion is not popular on TiBB, lol.

:laugh: I know what you're saying, I always like when there are Irish people on these Reality shows but at the end of the day they are British shows so I don't expect it

Niamh.
15-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Cleaned the thread, knock it off you two.

Pyramid*
15-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Fair does Niamh.

This is the point that needs to be realised I think.

lostalex
15-11-2011, 01:17 PM

for you, i shall. :)

Niamh.
15-11-2011, 01:18 PM
for you, i shall. :)

:love:

InOne
15-11-2011, 01:18 PM

I love it when you get all mod like :evilgrin:

Niamh.
15-11-2011, 01:19 PM
I love it when you get all mod like :evilgrin:

http://www.thetenerifeforum.com/images/smilies/newsmilies/smiley_whip.gif

Pyramid*
15-11-2011, 01:20 PM
http://www.thetenerifeforum.com/images/smilies/newsmilies/smiley_whip.gif

:D

oh err......you'll have the men running to you !!

LivT
15-11-2011, 03:42 PM
I would like to see more British people on American X-factor..to make it more interesting!

Oh wait! There are more British people on American X-Factor...

Pyramid*
15-11-2011, 03:49 PM
I would like to see more British people on American X-factor..to make it more interesting!

Oh wait! There are more British people on American X-Factor...

http://webspace.webring.com/people/gt/themole/m-ani.gif