PDA

View Full Version : Vote to save works well done C5

alex_front2
14-11-2011, 02:03 PM
It's very easy to slate C5 and their innovations but the one thing it has got right is changing to vote to save. If it had been evict Tashie would have been saved (first female to stay in week 1) and a big character like Harry or Aaron would have gone.

Black Dagger
14-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Absolutely... Aaron and Jay probably would have been evicted well before the final in a vote to evict, Aden would have probably sailed through to the very end.

Bar Louse/Faye vote to save was extremely effective.

Suze
14-11-2011, 02:30 PM
If we had had vote to save in BB11, two of the bigger characters, re: JJ, as much as I disliked him would probably have sailed throught to the final along with Ben, as long as they weren't ever up against each other a one on one. Josie would likely never have won, and Mario, Andrew, and JJ2, likely wouldn't have made the final. Still that's neither here nor there now I suppose.

Samuel.
14-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Tashie still would have definitely gone first week had it been vote to evict.

It sort of worked, some weeks better than others. It's a lot better than vote to evict, despite people still trying to get the big characters out (Anton on two occasions, for example).

It was a good change.

alex_front2
14-11-2011, 02:42 PM
If we had had vote to save in BB11, two of the bigger characters, re: JJ, as much as I disliked him would probably have sailed throught to the final along with Ben, as long as they weren't ever up against each other a one on one. Josie would likely never have won, and Mario, Andrew, and JJ2, likely wouldn't have made the final. Still that's neither here nor there now I suppose.

Yes, agree they would have beaten her probably Sam winning, didn't like JJ1 last year, but he should have been in final.

Let's hope they don't revert back to vote to evict.

BigBrotherfan4ever
14-11-2011, 03:33 PM

Totally agree with you Suze.

daniel-lewis-1985
14-11-2011, 03:41 PM
It didnt work that well tbh most of the big characters ie: Rebeckah and Heaven went fairly soon.

I thought it would have been more effective with getting the bores out but obviously not.

Angus
14-11-2011, 04:12 PM
It didnt work that well tbh most of the big characters ie: Rebeckah and Heaven went fairly soon.

I thought it would have been more effective with getting the bores out but obviously not.

Well the public never had a chance to get the two biggest bores out, Alex and Tom, because they were never nommed - just like Josie last year.

StraightEdge695
14-11-2011, 05:35 PM
i agree i like it better than vote to evict

TheManWhoLaughs
14-11-2011, 05:48 PM
I really dislike vote to save - it basically makes the nominations irrelevant. It's going to mean a housemate who gets fans early on is just going to sail to the end based on that early fanbase with no danger of getting eliminated.

With someone like Aaron it's not too bad (though his win would have been more dramatic with vote to evict, as he would have actually been in danger of going instead of safe as houses) but it's bound to lead to some awful contestants getting to the end just because of a few devoted fans (Luke and Dale would have probably made the finals in BB9, ew). It doesn't even help save the big characters - it just means the enemies of the most popular person will get knocked out every week.

Would have much rather lost Harry than Tashie first week anyway - other than the banana thing, he was very UTR and we don't know how much drama Tashie would have brought.

Scotty07
14-11-2011, 07:25 PM
It should always have been vote to save IMO.

The only reason Harry went was because Aaron was up with him that week and it was too risky voting for both Harry and Aaron, otherwise he would easily have got the most votes from mostly Aaron fans IMO.