PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Starr exits jungle, taken to hospital

Visage
14-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Freddie Starr has exited the I'm A Celebrity jungle after an allergic reaction and has been taken to hospital.

TV journalist Leigh Holmwood from The Sun revealed the news on Twitter this afternoon (November 14).

"Freddie Starr has been rushed to hospital after suffering a severe allergic reaction," said Holmwood. "Freddie Starr is in good spirits I am told but he will be in hospital for at least 24 hours."

Starr was a late entrant into the jungle, but finally entered at the weekend and his Greasy Spoon Bushtucker trial with Mark Wright will air on tonight's show.

"Freddie Starr was taken unwell in the jungle. He was immediately attended to by on-site medics and taken to hospital where he was assessed by doctors," said a show rep.

"He will remain in hospital overnight as a precaution and further tests continue. However, he is in great spirits and keeping nursing staff entertained."

It is not known at this stage whether Starr will be allowed to return to the jungle later in the series, nor what caused his bout of illness.

Earlier this year, Starr underwent a quadruple heart bypass, but the comic claimed that he was confident his health would hold up under the strain of the ITV1 reality show.

Niamh.
14-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Silly putting him in to begin with, he didn't look very healthy on last nights show even.

Visage
14-11-2011, 03:12 PM
I thought he looked ill too.

Shame for the fella, he was willing to give it a go.

I know it's still the early stages, but I don't think it would be wise to let him go back in.

Ammi
14-11-2011, 03:13 PM
He didn't look as though he'd be able to do hardly any trials anyway...it's ridiculous that they keep putting these semi has been celebs in who are exempt of most trials for health reasons...isn't that the point of this kind of show

Niamh.
14-11-2011, 03:13 PM
No, I don't think so either Visage. It's very early still, hopefully they'll get a replacement, It won't feel too much like a new addition

Fetch The Bolt Cutters
14-11-2011, 03:14 PM
if its pat sharpe they should just not bother

Kate!
14-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Shame, I was looking forward to him most of all, but his health's more important, think it would be best for him not to go back.

- closes the Freddie fanclub -

I hope they are not sending in bloody Pat Sharp as a replacement, dear God!

Edit: :D :D OMGZ! I have just spotted one of those black things in my sig!!! :joker::joker:

:suspect:

Niamh.
14-11-2011, 03:15 PM
I'd love to see Keith Lemon go in

Ammi
14-11-2011, 03:17 PM
....or Karl Pilkington

InOne
We need fit people who are up for anything, not middle aged smokers :nono:

Kate!

Yes, I would love this :)

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Have no idea why they considered him. Clearly he's totally unfit, and certainly is no team player - he actually looked to a point, that he had no idea what planet he was on, when he was doing that first task tbh.

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 03:19 PM
....or Karl Pilkington

He would be hysterical to watch...... he'd be fab!

Ammi
14-11-2011, 03:19 PM
We need fit people who are up for anything, not middle aged smokers :nono:

Yes that's the point..last year was pathetic with one or other being exempt from trials all the time

arista
14-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Freddie Starr has exited the I'm A Celebrity jungle after an allergic reaction and has been taken to hospital.

TV journalist Leigh Holmwood from The Sun revealed the news on Twitter this afternoon (November 14).

"Freddie Starr has been rushed to hospital after suffering a severe allergic reaction," said Holmwood. "Freddie Starr is in good spirits I am told but he will be in hospital for at least 24 hours."

Starr was a late entrant into the jungle, but finally entered at the weekend and his Greasy Spoon Bushtucker trial with Mark Wright will air on tonight's show.

"Freddie Starr was taken unwell in the jungle. He was immediately attended to by on-site medics and taken to hospital where he was assessed by doctors," said a show rep.

"He will remain in hospital overnight as a precaution and further tests continue. However, he is in great spirits and keeping nursing staff entertained."

It is not known at this stage whether Starr will be allowed to return to the jungle later in the series, nor what caused his bout of illness.

Earlier this year, Starr underwent a quadruple heart bypass, but the comic claimed that he was confident his health would hold up under the strain of the ITV1 reality show.

Yes that alone tells you he is not up to this.

InOne
14-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Yes that's the point..last year was pathetic with one or other being exempt from trials all the time

Maybe they don't have as much swing on getting decent celebs as we thought. Although I always considered going on there wasn't as bad as going on BB for z-listers. But god knows, they could end up having a pretty boring show this year. Only Jessica seems up for everything

Ammi
14-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Maybe they don't have as much swing on getting decent celebs as we thought. Although I always considered going on there wasn't as bad as going on BB for z-listers. But god knows, they could end up having a pretty boring show this year. Only Jessica seems up for everything

Stephanie Powers was always an 'action girl' type and hopefully she'll be good at the trials...but judging by last night, she's going to be irritating, she seems very bossy and controlling

Kate!
14-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Am now supporting Jessica, Lorraine and Dougie.

Niamh.
14-11-2011, 03:29 PM

I don't know, I think people would have to be very desperate or very fearless to go on IAC and eat balls and insects and do all the revolting things they have to do.

InOne
14-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't know, I think people would have to be very desperate or very fearless to go on IAC and eat balls and insects and do all the revolting things they have to do.

I guess, but it's always seemed less trashy and the celebs have always seemed to come of better after the show

InOne
14-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Stephanie Powers was always an 'action girl' type and hopefully she'll be good at the trials...but judging by last night, she's going to be irritating, she seems very bossy and controlling

That other older one with the dark hair seems pretty active too, she look like she was most likely a looker back in the way. Think she's cockney

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 03:38 PM

Agree with this, but not in respect of InOne's comment re: 'middle aged smoker's ..... there are plenty of middle aged smokers who are far more fit than younger non smokers.

people on IAC should have average to good fitness levels: regardless of age.

Niamh.
14-11-2011, 03:39 PM
I guess, but it's always seemed less trashy and the celebs have always seemed to come of better after the show

It does seem that way, funnily enough, even after all the fairly demeaning things they have to do (maybe it cos they don't dress them up as chipmunks while they do it :laugh: )

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 03:40 PM
That other older one with the dark hair seems pretty active too, she look like she was most likely a looker back in the way. Think she's cockney

Lorraine Chase. Been kicking around for a long time and still plenty of oomph left in her too.

I think she used to be a smoker as well.....;)

Visage
14-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Was there any truth in the Louie Spence rumour of him going in there ?

Visage
14-11-2011, 03:44 PM

Kerry Katona's mother ??

InOne
14-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Lorraine Chase. Been kicking around for a long time and still plenty of oomph left in her too.

I think she used to be a smoker as well.....;)

You almost seem to be taking the smoking thing personally. It was just a general observational comment lol

Ammi
14-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Kerry Katona's mother ??

..you know her?......:suspect:

Niamh.
14-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Kerry Katona's mother ??

:laugh:

Visage
14-11-2011, 03:46 PM

Only from BOTS.:joker:

Ammi
14-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Only from BOTS.:joker:

...your description was.....well...spooky is all......

Visage
14-11-2011, 03:47 PM
:laugh:

What ?? *Tries to look all innocent*

I thought she fit your profile example perfectly....:laugh::laugh:

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 03:48 PM
You almost seem to be taking the smoking thing personally. It was just a general observational comment lol

I think it was a very snidey snipe - yes I do indeed and thinly veiled. But let's pretend that it wasn't, just to get into the spirit of things.

As I pointed out: there are varying degrees of age vs fitness levels - and both need not be connected to the other.

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 03:48 PM

Would anyone WANT to !!!

InOne
14-11-2011, 03:53 PM
I think it was a very snidey snipe - yes I do indeed and thinly veiled. But let's pretend that it wasn't, just to get into the spirit of things.

As I pointed out: there are varying degrees of age vs fitness levels - and both need not be connected to the other.

Eh, a snipe at who? :S

God woman, you could start an argument in an empty room :nono:

I was on about the ones that were puffing away lastnight and looked shattered from the walk into the jungle.

Niamh.
14-11-2011, 03:54 PM
What ?? *Tries to look all innocent*

I thought she fit your profile example perfectly....:laugh::laugh:

Yeah she does, I think I'd have to stop watching if she went in there though!

Ammi
14-11-2011, 03:55 PM

It's not the smoking....well I suppose that probably contributed..he looks really unfit...he's obviously had the ok from his doctor..but you still have to wonder what he's thinking...
Lorraine and Stephanie are probably somewhere of similar age?...but they look as if they can handle it

arista
Was there any truth in the Louie Spence rumour of him going in there ?

If he does Enter
I hope he picked for every Task.

That will be Fun

Pyramid*
Eh, a snipe at who? :S

God woman, you could start an argument in an empty room :nono:

I was on about the ones that were puffing away lastnight and looked shattered from the walk into the jungle.

Not at all. You say one thing and mean another - and I am merely stating the inaccurancies in your own posts.

Lorraine was smoking was she not. She's middle aged (in fact, she's even past middle age) -if I am correctly that Lorraine was puffing away: it shows that your comment is pretty hypocritical - just a tad?

InOne
14-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Not at all. You say one thing and mean another - and I am merely stating the inaccurancies in your own posts.

Lorraine was smoking was she not. She's middle aged (in fact, she's even past middle age) -if I am correctly that Lorraine was puffing away: it shows that your comment is pretty hypocritical - just a tad?

Which one is Lorraine?

Omah
14-11-2011, 03:57 PM
"Fat" Freddie was never going to make the grade - his abysmal entrance and poor task performance were proof of that - I guess his BTT will be a failure, too .....

Pyramid*
It's not the smoking....well I suppose that probably contributed..he looks really unfit...he's obviously had the ok from his doctor..but you still have to wonder what he's thinking...
Lorraine and Stephanie are probably somewhere of similar age?...but they look as if they can handle it

I agree that it's not wholly contributory....his past over drinking, alcohol and drug abuse, unhealthy diet (as we all say from his fine figure) shows he was never going to be a good contestant.

Visage
Would anyone WANT to !!!

Yeah she does, I think I'd have to stop watching if she went in there though!

They need to stick her in a room with Lauren Harries and locked the door...

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Which one is Lorraine?

See your own post in which you quoted me. :D

InOne
14-11-2011, 03:59 PM
See your own post in which you quoted me. :D

wat

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 04:00 PM
They need to stick her in a room with Lauren Harries and locked the door...

Oh dear God. I think I'd perhaps be on Lauren's side !! :devil:

Can you imagine EITHER of them going onto IAC...... now that would actually be funny (I know... I'm evil)

Visage
If he does Enter
I hope he picked for every Task.

That will be Fun

I'm sure he'll give everything a go and probably be hilarious in it.

Ammi
Which one is Lorraine?

Lorraine Chase is the dark haired older one...she threw up after her sky dive..she did it though and I think she'll be good in the trials

Visage
14-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Oh dear God. I think I'd perhaps be on Lauren's side !! :devil:

Can you imagine EITHER of them going onto IAC...... now that would actually be funny (I know... I'm evil)

I really can't stand either of them, but it would be great TV watching them squirm in there.

Plus they will be the most hated in camp from all the others and that's not a bad thing...

InOne
14-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Lorraine Chase is the dark haired older one...she threw up after her sky dive..she did it though and I think she'll be good in the trials

Ohhhhh right lol Yeah she looks quite feisty. Hopefully she will be good. I thought she meant the scouse woman for a min. I don't think she'll do too good. Who knows though, will be interesting to see

InOne
14-11-2011, 04:04 PM
I know, the lovely Ammi helped me out. ^_^

Ammi
14-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Ohhhhh right lol Yeah she looks quite feisty. Hopefully she will be good. I thought she meant the scouse woman for a min. I don't think she'll do too good. Who knows though, will be interesting to see

...I don't know who she is..I stopped watching her after she removed her teeth

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 04:06 PM

Yeah. you thought I meant someone else: seeing as I mentioned exactly who it was.

:D

InOne
14-11-2011, 04:06 PM

Never heard of her before, stand up comedy apprently. She wasn't really funny though with a cringey routine in the jungle D: She is quite funny generally though. And think she was the only one to chicken out the sky dive

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 04:07 PM
I know, the lovely Ammi helped me out. ^_^

Seeing as the other woman is Liverpudlian and blonde..... I'm not sure how you confused that with the dark haired cockney.

InOne
14-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah. you thought I meant someone else: seeing as I mentioned exactly who it was.

I sort of lost track and my mind drifted if I'm honest

InOne
14-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Seeing as the other woman is Liverpudlian and blonde..... I'm not sure how you confused that with the dark haired cockney.

There is more than two women in there :joker:

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 04:10 PM
There is more than two women in there :joker:

There are indeed...but how many older woman, dark long haired, cockneys that smoke..... :D

You're gonna need a shovel at this rate In One!! :D

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Do we actually know yet who is taking is place - I think it's a safe bet that he wont be back?

InOne
There are indeed...but how many older woman, dark long haired, cockneys that smoke..... :D

You're gonna need a shovel at this rate In One!! :D

Not really, I'm over your casual trolling.

Stick to the topic please :thumbs:

Vicky.

:idc:

I assume it was eating all manner of vile/unusual things that caused his allergic reaction. Surely thats not too much of a leap?

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 04:12 PM

When she kept rubbing her fingers on her top gums in the helicopter.....that was grossing me out.

Bleurgh.

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Not really, I'm over your casual trolling.

Stick to the topic please :thumbs:

Funny how it's okay for you to go off topic though eh... and continually ;)

Just because you were wrong, and kept digging yourself deeper.... don't blame me. :D

Visage
14-11-2011, 04:14 PM

Never heard of her before, stand up comedy apprently. She wasn't really funny though with a cringey routine in the jungle D: She is quite funny generally though. And think she was the only one to chicken out the sky dive

Crissy Rock is from the series Benidorm.

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 04:14 PM

I assume it was eating all manner of vile/unusual things that caused his allergic reaction. Surely thats not too much of a leap?

He's hardly been in long enough for his digestive system to really start reacting .... what did they have, rice and beans?

InOne
14-11-2011, 04:15 PM
I wasn't wrong. There are a couple of middle aged smokers in there that may not be as good at tasks as others. That was my original point.

*puff, choke, puff*

Vicky.
14-11-2011, 04:15 PM
He's hardly been in long enough for his digestive system to really start reacting .... what did they have, rice and beans?

Hes just done a task apparently. The one that was advertised last night.

I'm guessing from looking at it and the name that is was an 'eat some kangaroo bollocks and a cockroach' task

If it was an allergic reaction like the story says, it would be pretty soon after eating whatever

Visage
14-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Yes it was an eating task that he did this morning.

Niamh.
14-11-2011, 04:17 PM

I'm guessing from looking at it and the name that is was an 'eat some kangaroo bollocks and a cockroach' task

If it was an allergic reaction like the story says, it would be pretty soon after eating whatever

and one of them vile really old smelly eggs :yuk:

arista
14-11-2011, 04:19 PM

I think
as he was Fresh out of Hospital in the UK
he is crazy trying to stay alive here
whatever happens in tasks
he can not even sleep.

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 04:19 PM

Ahhh.... right... I see! That makes much sense.

It brings us right round to the point that Ammi mentioned though: about all these exemptions from x/y/z type tasks:

so we'll have ones that may affect Freddie on heart related task, tasks that his routound size won't accomodate or his poor fitness levels will exclude him from, tasks that include eating anythign in case he takes another allergic reaction: makes it pretty pointless him being there really.

Get someone else in, I say.

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 04:22 PM
I think
as he was Fresh out of Hospital in the UK
he is crazy trying to stay alive here
whatever happens in tasks
he can not even sleep.

Spot on. Anyone still in recovery from major operations, and clearly is physically unfit as he clearly is: they shouldn't be on there.

It's unfair to all the other contestants, to expect them to have to carry deadwood.

Makes you wonder what the casting crew were thinking - and it wasn't ratings: this type of thing is going against the show already.

arista
14-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Spot on. Anyone still in recovery from major operations, and clearly is physically unfit as he clearly is: they shouldn't be on there.

It's unfair to all the other contestants, to expect them to have to carry deadwood.

Makes you wonder what the casting crew were thinking - and it wasn't ratings: this type of thing is going against the show already.

I'm A Celebrity 2011: Calamity hits camp already as 68 year old Freddie Starr is hospitalised for allergic reaction

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2061350/Im-A-Celebrity-2011-contestant-Freddie-Starr-hospitalised-allergic-reaction.html#ixzz1dhYQlJym

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm A Celebrity 2011: Calamity hits camp already as Freddie Starr is hospitalised for allergic reaction

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2061350/Im-A-Celebrity-2011-contestant-Freddie-Starr-hospitalised-allergic-reaction.html#ixzz1dhYQlJym

Thanks Arista.

Here's the get out clause right away in red - below.

That's the excuse they need: the may not be able to pinpoint - and if it's leeches or tics allergy/ reaction: he shouldn't be in the jungle.

Means he will still get his money then.

Good managment team Freddie's got eh!

'They think he’s had a severe allergic reaction, but they may not be able to pinpoint the cause.

'The reaction could be due to a spider bite, he might have reacted badly to a leech or a tic, or even a snake he hadn’t noticed.

Ammi
14-11-2011, 04:36 PM
...off topic...sorry.....I got confused last night....how come the 'winning camp' were eating rice and beans and the losing one were given food....did I miss something?

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 04:37 PM
...off topic...sorry.....I got confused last night....how come the 'winning camp' were eating rice and beans and the losing one were given food....did I miss something?

the bushtucker trial that they showed last night that Freddie and Mark were to go head to head in, The Greasy Spoon Cafe eating challenge.

Visage
14-11-2011, 04:38 PM

There was a task we didn't see and then losing team won that.

Visage
14-11-2011, 04:40 PM

I was under the impression they all go through a medical, which if it is the case, how did Freddie pass this ? Considering what operation he went through earlier in the year.

Bizarre..

Omah
14-11-2011, 04:40 PM
There was a task we didn't see and then losing team won that.

Wasn't the task the star-finding task suspened over the fish-guts ?

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 04:45 PM

The bushtucker trial that the viewers voted for last night, apparently (I use the word lightly though as we know what 'reporting' can be like) -took place this morning.

I'm trying to get my head around this, Oz is ahead of us in time difference:... so surely if the voting only started last night, them doing the head to head trial that people started voting for last night: to do it this morning, wouldn't be right? time wise I mean for votes to be cast? happy to be corrected here.

Ammi
14-11-2011, 04:45 PM

I thought that was to decide which camp they went in...very confusing day 1..Jessica was having a conversation with Freddie saying '.....my first day here......' LOL, I thought that was their first day...I must try to keep up

Ammi
14-11-2011, 04:47 PM
The bushtucker trial that the viewers voted for last night, apparently (I use the word lightly though as we know what 'reporting' can be like) -took place this morning.

I'm trying to get my head around this, Oz is ahead of us in time difference:... so surely if the voting only started last night, them doing the head to head trial that people started voting for last night: to do it this morning, wouldn't be right? time wise I mean for votes to be cast? happy to be corrected here.

..that's what I mean..the trial had not taken place yet...we obviously missed something

Visage
14-11-2011, 04:50 PM

There was another after that, one that happened yesterday which we should see on tonight's highlights.

Not 100% on who but I thought they mentioned Lorraine took part.

Omah
14-11-2011, 04:50 PM
I thought that was to decide which camp they went in...very confusing day 1..Jessica was having a conversation with Freddie saying '.....my first day here......' LOL, I thought that was their first day...I must try to keep up

The type of food came with the camp - worst camp, worst food, worst beds, etc

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 04:54 PM
..that's what I mean..the trial had not taken place yet...we obviously missed something

This is why I'm pretty cynical about this whole story...... I think it's a load of BS and very cleverly designed around him getting out of the jungle: and still getting his cash...... see my earlier post re 'get out clause' and the docs may not being able to pinpoint a cause, that it could reaction to tics/leeches etc.

;)

Visage
14-11-2011, 04:57 PM
I think there is some confusion between the tasks.

The task Freddie and Mark had was today (this morning) the result of that task will see one of the camps eat well tonight.

The other task was the day before which saw the crap camp win the food.

It's confusing because of the time difference and that we always watch the previous days highlights.

Ammi
14-11-2011, 04:59 PM

The task Freddie and Mark had was today (this morning) the result of that task will see one of the camps eat well tonight.

It's confusing because of the time difference and that we always watch the previous days highlights.

So there was another task..I thought it was just me....I'll cancel the G.P's appointment then....

Omah
14-11-2011, 04:59 PM
There was another after that, one that happened yesterday which we should see on tonight's highlights.

Not 100% on who but I thought they mentioned Lorraine took part.

Yeah, you're right :

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/im_a__celebrity/3933967/Willie-Carson-wins-Food-Poker-challenge.html

WILLIE Carson has beaten Lorraine Chase in the first camp challenge on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here.

The jockey and ex-Emmerdale actress did battle in 'Food Poker' to win meals for their respective camps.

They were told to pick numbered boxes containing a jungle delight and guess whether their opponent's food was "nice" or "nasty".

For each correct guess they were awarded one point. The first celeb to reach five points was crowned the winner.

Lorraine, whose camp Croc Creek consists of Mark Wright, Fatima Whitbread, Crissy Rock and Anthony Cotton, chomped on garlic, jelly and wasabi.

But after a hard fought battle she returned empty-handed.

Willie successfully wolfed down dishes such as cat food, cheese and strawberry jam and won his camp Snake Rock - Stefanie Powers, Jessica-Jane Clement, Freddie Starr and Dougie Poynter - a rabbit dinner.

;)

The "rabbit dinner" confirms it ..... :idc:

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 05:00 PM

yes we know , but the point Ammi and I are making is: that task took place this morning. yet voting only began around 10pm UK time last night, yet we are being told it took place this morning (even if that means UK time) -there wasn't enough time for voting...... see what we mean?

This is confusing!

Omah
14-11-2011, 05:01 PM

Yeah, it's all out of sync ..... :puzzled:

Ammi
This is why I'm pretty cynical about this whole story...... I think it's a load of BS and very cleverly designed around him getting out of the jungle: and still getting his cash...... see my earlier post re 'get out clause' and the docs may not being able to pinpoint a cause, that it could reaction to tics/leeches etc.

;)

Tbh, I.m glad if he does go...I find his humour very...childish..and I doubt he'll contribute much in the tasks

Jords

Keith would be an amazing choice!!! Dunno if hed do it though?

Sad for Freddie.

Visage
Yeah, you're right :

;)

Thanks Omah, I've been searching for the same info.

They had quite a lot going on in last nights show, no wonder everyone was getting confused.

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 05:02 PM
So there was another task..I thought it was just me....I'll cancel the G.P's appointment then....

I dunno: I think I'll keep my appointment..... this is crackers!!

Yeah, you're right :

;)

It seeems that there appears to be differing reports on it -and we are all assuming it must have been after that. I still smell a big rat (and it's name may well be Freddie!).

I'm open to waiting till more is clarified one way or another.

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Tbh, I.m glad if he does go...I find his humour very...childish..and I doubt he'll contribute much in the tasks

He was funny 30 years ago. Humour has gone up quite a few notches since then...... and certainly Freddie's niche anyway.

Visage
14-11-2011, 05:04 PM
yes we know , but the point Ammi and I are making is: that task took place this morning. yet voting only began around 10pm UK time last night, yet we are being told it took place this morning (even if that means UK time) -there wasn't enough time for voting...... see what we mean?

This is confusing!

I think we are having two different conversations over different tasks.

As for the voting last night, the lines were open and closed before the end of the show and the two with the most votes were announced on last night's show which in real time was this morning.

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 05:06 PM

As for the voting last night, the lines were open and closed before the end of the show and the two with the most votes were announced on last night's show which in real time was this morning.

I'm keeping my doctor's appointment - no matter how much sense you speak to me! LOL.

If they lines are open so late in the show, then closed when the same show is aired and then that show comes to an end....it's not going to generate much revenue is it though? See where Im coming from?

Ammi
14-11-2011, 05:06 PM

Thanks Visage..I love these threads were there's 3 or 4 conversations going on at the same time..and you end up thinking 'glad I cleared that up'....LOL...sorry I think I took it off topic in the first place

Visage
14-11-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm keeping my doctor's appointment - no matter how much sense you speak to me! LOL.

If they lines are open so late in the show, then closed when the same show is aired and then that show comes to an end....it's not going to generate much revenue is it though? See where Im coming from?

I think that's how it works for the tasks, then later in the series when it's a vote to save and the lowest votes leave the show, I believe that voting is over 24 hours.

Although I could be wrong...:laugh:

Visage
14-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks Visage..I love these threads were there's 3 or 4 conversations going on at the same time..and you end up thinking 'glad I cleared that up'....LOL...sorry I think I took it off topic in the first place

Ha ha It's great fun though.

Anyway I need to go, my dinner has been on the table 10 mins now...

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 05:14 PM
I think that's how it works for the tasks, then later in the series when it's a vote to save and the lowest votes leave the show, I believe that voting is over 24 hours.

Although I could be wrong...:laugh:

No,...something just struck me Visage... you could be correct in a respect, Dec kept saying if you are watching this on ITV2 do not vote as you're votes won't count.... which therefore would make sense of what you are saying:...though it still doesn't give much time to vote - as the show is on ITV2 as soon as the first show finished...... but that still to me, doesn't give enough time to get votes in.

I think there is deliberate ambiguity on this though....

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Ha ha It's great fun though.

Anyway I need to go, my dinner has been on the table 10 mins now...

PSML. how come I get the feeling that we've all been there !

Enjoy yer dinner!

Ammi....this is ALL YOUR FAULT. :(

PrincessIona
14-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Poor Freddie :(

I do agree with the comments that he shouldn't have gone in there, he is clearly not well and it's a risky and stressful environment. Don't know what ITV where thinking :(

Ammi
14-11-2011, 06:55 PM
PSML. how come I get the feeling that we've all been there !

Enjoy yer dinner!

Ammi....this is ALL YOUR FAULT. :(

*blush*..I know..I'm thoroughly ashamed...and I said I wasn't going to watch the show in the first place..........sorry

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 06:59 PM
*blush*..I know..I'm thoroughly ashamed...and I said I wasn't going to watch the show in the first place..........sorry

tee hee...

It's like moth to a flame innit..... I said I was watching far too much telly....and here I bliddy am.

dyfed
14-11-2011, 07:24 PM
When I was trying to find out more about Anthony Cotton, I came across a show with Keith Lemon ,what a funny guy,he had me rolling in tears laughing,would be a good choice.
I agree,if Freddie Star has health issues he shouldnt be in there.

Pyramid*
14-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Ben Elton. Or Kevin Bridges...... they'd be a riot I think.

In fact, there are loads of people I'd love to see in there that would be great.

chances of them ever doing it though....that's a different story.

Kerry
14-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Poor Frederick. Get well soon!

Omah
15-11-2011, 03:27 PM
http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/65128/Im-A-Celebrity-Get-Me-Out-Of-Heres-Freddie-Starr-Out-Of-Hospital

I'm A Celebrity Get Me out of Here contestant Freddie Starr has been released from hospital after being admitted for an allergic reaction yesterday.

It is thought the comedian started to feel unwell after completing the Greasy Spoon Bushtucker trial where he managed to drink a cockroach milkshake and eat camel toe, pig anus and a fermented egg - which is reported to be the cause of Freddie's illness.

Despite winning a prize for his team in the Snake Rock camp, the comedian couldn't enjoy the fruits of his labour as he had been taken to a hospital in New South Wales.

However, although Freddie is out of hospital, the Mirror claims that producers of the show are still unsure about whether to put him back into the jungle.

Keep him out !

He's a NPOW and too fat for the tasks ..... :eek:

exoticrosebud
15-11-2011, 04:16 PM
has the vile up his self Mark Wright been ate by any living creature yet??? please....make my day !!!..will start watching tonight, have been away...

Visage
15-11-2011, 05:58 PM
http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/65128/Im-A-Celebrity-Get-Me-Out-Of-Heres-Freddie-Starr-Out-Of-Hospital

Keep him out !

He's a NPOW and too fat for the tasks ..... :eek:

I don't think it would be wise to put him back in there.

Pyramid*
15-11-2011, 06:04 PM
has the vile up his self Mark Wright been ate by any living creature yet??? please....make my day !!!..will start watching tonight, have been away...

where have you been Exotic? You weren't doing 'time' were you? Or worse:::::::: you haven't actually got a life off forum!! How very dare you!

I don't think it would be wise to put him back in there.

I don't either. The man is clearly unwell. he looked like hell on the first introductory trial.

Jezzy
15-11-2011, 08:25 PM
I just watched Monday night's ep (ep2). I do hope Freddie is well enough to come back, he is one evil b*St*** !

Omah
15-11-2011, 09:58 PM
http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/881794-freddie-starr-wont-return-to-im-a-celebrity-jungle-after-hospital-scare#ixzz1dojYa8ul

Viewers saw the 68-year-old comedian go head to head with TOWIE star Mark Wright in the 'greasy spoon' challenge on Monday, with the pair eating a variety of jungle nasties including pig's anus, turkey testicles and camel toe.

Starr ultimately triumphed in the challenge after eating all five dishes, but fell ill and was rushed to hospital shortly after completing the task.

Medics diagnosed an extreme allergic reaction - with a fermented egg consumed during the task thought to be to blame - and Starr was kept in overnight as a precaution.

After leaving hospital Freddie met with the show's producers to discuss whether he would be able to return to the jungle, but it was ultimately decided the comedian was unfit to continue in the reality show.

It is unclear whether another celebrity will be sent in as a replacement.

Well I, for one, am glad to see the back of him ..... :hmph:

Omah
15-11-2011, 11:43 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2061987/Im-A-Celebrity-2011-Freddie-Starr-leaves-jungle-worried-young-girlfriend-waits-welcome-home.html#ixzz1dpB74dHl

At the age of 68 and just a year after nearly dying from a heart attack, Freddie Starr was perhaps naďve to sign up for gruelling reality show I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!

And last night the frail 1970s entertainer was made to leave the ITV hit – just three days after it launched.

Starr was forced out of the jungle camp in Australia after suffering an allergic reaction to one of the revolting selection of insects and animal parts he was forced to eat during a Bushtucker Trial, including a camel’s toe.

He was taken to hospital after falling breathless following the task and was released yesterday after spending the night at the Cardiac Care unit at Tweed Hospital in New South Wales.

The TV veteran, who emerged from hospital pale and looking weak, told of his dismay at leaving the show – and backed former Olympic Javelin champion Fatima Whitbread to win.

Bye, bye, "Fat" Freddie ..... :xyxwave:

Omah
16-11-2011, 08:48 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/tv/im-a-celebrity/2011/11/16/i-m-a-celebrity-2011-freddie-starr-s-agent-selling-comic-s-jungle-story-115875-23565176/#ixzz1drLyo5gF

FREDDIE Starr's agent was last night taking offers for the Liverpool born comedian's jungle story.

Here's how we reckon Freddie's full account of his time on I'm A Celebrity might read:

"Arrived in Australia.. probs with insurance so went in late.. lost first Bushtucker Trial by not getting stars out of the maggots quickly enough.. ate some horrible things.. felt a bit sick.. went off in an ambulance.. went home..and, er, that's it."

Freddie was axed from I’m a Celebrity after producers feared he might die – live on TV.

Freddie said he was “sick" at the decision. He will also only receive a portion of his fee, after failing to appear in the show until next week’s eliminations.

Freddie, who is already a father of five, is to become a dad again - with a singer half his age and is planning a stand-up tour next year.

It all sounds a bit "desperate" to me ..... :rolleyes: